TIL: post things you learned today. -

AprilRains

Wholesome snackin' for the whole family!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No unfortunately you get potatoes dying because the soil is too high in sulfur.
God damnit, I gotta call the Funyuns people and tell them to shut it down.

This is almost as embarrassing as the time I flew to Australia to warn Jocko that "Chocolate Thunder From Down Under" was a really bad name for a dessert. What a fucking debacle that was.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
Uh... really? I thought you needed at least two (The body's mass and the orbiting body's distance). Please, educate me on this formula.
Orbital Speed = (Radius Of Body) x ( Surface Gravity / ( Radius Of Body + Orbital Altitude) ) ^1/2.

For a given body, the radius and surface gravity are constants (so is the mass of the body). Of course, different bodies will have different surface gravity and radii, but if you're restricting it to a single planet, the only actual input you would need is the orbital altitude. Agreed that this is a bit of a cheat on the definition of "constant."

Orbital Speed = (Radius Of Body) x ( Surface Gravity / ( Radius Of Body + Orbital Altitude) ) ^1/2.

For a given body, the radius and surface gravity are constants (so is the mass of the body). Of course, different bodies will have different surface gravity and radii, but if you're restricting it to a single planet, the only actual input you would need is the orbital altitude. Agreed that this is a bit of a cheat on the definition of "constant."
Ah, ok, yeah, you cheater. You did say "given body" though, so I guess technically that's true and I interpreted it differently.

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Koch brother's father used to have oil refineries in the early USSR. Stalin killed some of his people turning him into a lolbert.

The Kochtopus is because of Stalin.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Yolandi and Apoth42

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
-Baby ducklings are painfully cute. Source: this image I took at the wildlife clinic today

-Baby ducklings can jump like, half a foot in the air. I was helping weigh all 13 of them and I needed to keep my eye on the box as some of the rowdier ones were trying to escape.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino