TIL: post things you learned today. -

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net
Today I learned that through one side of my family, I'm descended from Captain John Underhill, a Puritan-turned-Quaker who massacred Pequot Indians in the 1630s. This isn't a powerlevel because this guy had like a dozen kids from two different wives and there's thousands upon thousands of people (including John Kerry, apparently) descended from this one lawfully-married murderous fuck machine.

Apparently he only managed to get the Pequot because the local Mohawks helped him out, though. Those tribes didn't like each other. So if I want mass murder bona fides, I'm gonna have to go out and earn them myself.
That man used his gun a lot. He also used his rifle a great deal.

Yolandi

Resident Pokemon Go expert
kiwifarms.net
TIL that Die Antwoord's new album is going to be called "House of Zef," not "27" as originally announced.

• Informative
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Clockwork_PurBle

John Goldfarb, get your ass back home.
kiwifarms.net
Today I re-learned that Lukas Graham is actually the name of a band, not a single solitary person.

Although the frontman's first name is Lukas. I also learned that Lukas apparently grew up in an anarchist community.

• Informative
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Beluga

Your friendly neighbourhood beluga
kiwifarms.net
Today I just noticed that David Bowie had heterochromia.
He didn't have heterochromia, he actually had a permanently dilated pupil because he was punched really hard when he was young and it stuck that way! https://www.thecut.com/2016/01/story-behind-david-bowies-unusual-eyes.html

His eyes were the product not of genes but a teenage fistfight that resulted in anisocoria, a condition in which a person’s eyes have different-size pupils.

In the spring of 1962, Bowie got into a fight with his school pal — and, later, lifetime artistic partner — George Underwood. Bowie, it seems, was in the throes of teenage love, and his best friend in school, Underwood, not only was crushing hard on a girl but found out Bowie was similarly enamored with the same girl, too, when the singer began “boasting to my mate [Underwood] about what a Casanova I was,” he told biographer Mark Spitz in an interview. As the story goes, Underwood wasn’t exactly pleased, and in fit of passion reportedly punched Bowie smack-dab in his left eye. “At first he [Underwood] thought I was kidding,” Bowie recounted to Spitz. “It wasn’t a very hard punch but obviously caught me at a rather odd angle.” Underwood’s fingernail had scratched the surface of Bowie’s eyeball, paralyzing the muscles that contract the iris.

Night Owl

How long have I waited...
kiwifarms.net
TIL that the survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings are called hibakusha, literally "explosion affected person". It encompassed everyone who were either caught in the blast or suffered radiation sickness because of it. Even today some of them and their children suffer discrimination in job and marriage departments because of possible hereditary illnesses, though according to statistics they aren't anymore predisposed to it than the Japanese average.

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
TIL that the survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings are called hibakusha, literally "explosion affected person". It encompassed everyone who were either caught in the blast or suffered radiation sickness because of it. Even today some of them and their children suffer discrimination in job and marriage departments because of possible hereditary illnesses, though according to statistics they aren't anymore predisposed to it than the Japanese average.
At least one of them got to do a manga about his experience during that.

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
I found out that John Bolton is the most dangerous man in the world.

I just think he does not have enough fiber in his diet.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino