Tinder and dating apps in general. The thread people actually care about

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

Lemmingwise

I paid the right click price, not the crypto price
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I used dating apps effectively before they went to shit and were all owned by jews. I've used them only a little bit after and it was all time-wasting. There is no substitute to the twin pillars on just having the courage to hit on someone and developing social capital in whatever spaces to attract girls. Right now dating apps are like buying bitcoin; you can still get something out of it, but the time of easy fishing is gone.

Just make mistakes and learn from them. Worst thing you could do is to never flirt/hit on women you like. Second worst thing is to not make that process fun (for everyone involved).

Apps are probably one of the worst newbietraps there are right now.

ash9990

kiwifarms.net
I used dating apps effectively before they went to shit and were all owned by jews. I've used them only a little bit after and it was all time-wasting. There is no substitute to the twin pillars on just having the courage to hit on someone and developing social capital in whatever spaces to attract girls. Right now dating apps are like buying bitcoin; you can still get something out of it, but the time of easy fishing is gone.

Just make mistakes and learn from them. Worst thing you could do is to never flirt/hit on women you like. Second worst thing is to not make that process fun (for everyone involved).

Apps are probably one of the worst newbietraps there are right now.
The best thing men and women can do is to not watch and listen to retarded PUA's. The only way to find someone is to drop the ego and be a normal person. Normal people show interest in the person they like, you know, how we've done it for the past 100,000 years. The bullshit people pull today because they heard it works somewhere is the reason why 90% of men and women can't develop healthy relationships. While you pull that shit, that girl is watching some bitch on youtube saying "if he does this, then do this". The internet is not real life.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The best thing men and women can do is to not watch and listen to exceptional PUA's. The only way to find someone is to drop the ego and be a normal person. Normal people show interest in the person they like, you know, how we've done it for the past 100,000 years. The bullshit people pull today because they heard it works somewhere is the reason why 90% of men and women can't develop healthy relationships. The internet is not real life.
Good advice for women, not good advice for men. Maybe I need to reread the study, but I'm pretty sure in the long human history, roughly 80% of women procreated and roughly 40% of men did. This was changed somewhat by marriage, especially when also enforced by a religious institution. But that is evaporating and we're starting to act more like the chimps we are.

If you don't have success already, you need to take risks and try new things, or you deserve to get the same results as you do. Besides pickup lines have been a thing forever and they too are just a thing people hear that worked, long before the internet, when they don't really do, or at least, not in my experience.

Also, the internet is real life; there's just 2 computers and a couple of routers in between the people.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
The best thing men and women can do is to not watch and listen to exceptional PUA's. The only way to find someone is to drop the ego and be a normal person. Normal people show interest in the person they like, you know, how we've done it for the past 100,000 years. The bullshit people pull today because they heard it works somewhere is the reason why 90% of men and women can't develop healthy relationships. While you pull that shit, that girl is watching some bitch on youtube saying "if he does this, then do this". The internet is not real life.
"normal people show interest in the person they like" in current year that means something between a quarter and half of men will never be shown any interest by any woman throughout their entire life, so recommending people to rely on this is just bad advice

HullDown

A position taken up by armoured fighting vehicles.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"normal people show interest in the person they like" in current year that means something between a quarter and half of men will never be shown any interest by any woman throughout their entire life, so recommending people to rely on this is just bad advice

If you never encounter someone displaying interest in you, it's infinitely better to work on making your life better for yourself as a single person than it is to buy snake oil from random "women experts" online. Same amount of effort, but you will be ten times happier looking for hobbies you are interested in, fashion you feel confident in wearing, and work skills that result in a job you like rather than weird techniques and exercises that some rando made up to sell kindle books. And you'll still be single either way, so might as well, lol.

Coolio55

Big lizard girl protects me from cyberbullying >:)
kiwifarms.net
Is this thread for dating sites as well or just dating apps? I think one that includes both would be more interesting.
I've never used a dating app because I value my time and dignity but I DO like to backseat drive when someone else is using one.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
It doesn't matter where I travel to, be it in a huge east coast city or a small yee-haw town in the middle of nowhere USA, the results are the same for women on Tinder:
  • Filtered photos out the ass
  • "Live, laugh, love!"
  • "No hookups!" -- despite the sexually-suggestive photos
  • Obsession with dogs
  • "I'm 5'2'', but you need to be at least 6'4''"
  • Fat coal-burning single moms
  • The same dogshit taste in normie music like Drake, Taylor Swift, or Cardi B
  • References to The Office
  • "I love to travel" -- or some configuration of a bunch of flag emojis
  • Photos of themselves wearing sunglasses
It's all so damn tiresome

Pronouns: Xe/Xer
kiwifarms.net
The drop in quality is bad. In the early days of Tinder, you could easily get matches and at least one date a week.

It's not just the attitude of women, though most people have caught on and no longer rely on Tinder to get dates.

Part of the reason is the way Tinder has been trying to jew out. You want more than 10 matches? Pay! Super likes are no longer free/1 per day, it's all paid. A lot of extra features and boosts? Pay! Not sure if it's different for women, but I hear these scumbags use these tactics too.

Competition is even worse. The alternatives to Tinder are hilarious. From free-to-match-pay-to-text to straight up pay to register. Sure I'd like to pay 59$ a month to browse the 10 people. I'm sure you will let me cancel!

Remember that, since they are apps, their goal is to keep users hooked/retention, and not to find you a date.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you never encounter someone displaying interest in you, it's infinitely better to work on making your life better for yourself as a single person than it is to buy snake oil from random "women experts" online
How is this not just your own flavor of women expertise, that you're giving online?

Everybody who gives some form advice in this thread can be put on that level.

Weed Eater

Why yes I DO smoke marijuana; it's goooood stuff!
kiwifarms.net
Even as a woman everyone knows Tinder/dating apps in general suck ass. Despite them sucking ass, I still ended up finding a good partner who I can say "niggerfaggot" with. Quite literally, "being myself" is the best choice one could make, it was the best choice my fiance made. I'm 5 years in, what's your excuses? :story:

HullDown

A position taken up by armoured fighting vehicles.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How is this not just your own flavor of women expertise, that you're giving online?

Everybody who gives some form advice in this thread can be put on that level.

I mean, it's not a flavor of women expertise because it's literally a sentence about men.
"Men are better off focusing on being happy and accomplished for themselves than put time and effort into techniques invented by other men for profit" is not a sentence where women is the subject.

ash9990

kiwifarms.net
Good advice for women, not good advice for men. Maybe I need to reread the study, but I'm pretty sure in the long human history, roughly 80% of women procreated and roughly 40% of men did. This was changed somewhat by marriage, especially when also enforced by a religious institution. But that is evaporating and we're starting to act more like the chimps we are.

If you don't have success already, you need to take risks and try new things, or you deserve to get the same results as you do. Besides pickup lines have been a thing forever and they too are just a thing people hear that worked, long before the internet, when they don't really do, or at least, not in my experience.

Also, the internet is real life; there's just 2 computers and a couple of routers in between the people.
PUAs profit off of keeping you single. Sure, there are basic advice that are universal and have been passed down from generation to generation, but saying you shouldn't show interest in a person you genuinely like must be satire. How do you fall for this shit?

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PUAs profit off of keeping you single. Sure, there are basic advice that are universal and have been passed down from generation to generation, but saying you shouldn't show interest in a person you genuinely like must be satire. How do you fall for this shit?
I'm not telling people to watch every pua, I'm saying that it's mostly just a label that gets slapped on people that are disliked, much like nazi, commie, simp, thot etcetera. It really doesn't say much about the quality of advice.

Whether someone makes money off of it or not is equally irrelevant as good and bad advice can come from any place.

My first post was saying that men should do two things, and one of these is to have the courage to flirt and persue. When you say men should go for those who show interest in them, you're giving advice to narrow the pool.

And it's bad advice for those who need the advice, because the guys that get female interest without effort don't need any advice in the first place.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
And it's bad advice for those who need the advice, because the guys that get female interest without effort don't need any advice in the first place.
yep that's exactly the reason why all this "just be yourself lol" advice just gets mocked and thrown out by default. if that was a viable approach then we wouldn't be having this conversation because nobody would be lonely in the first place.

Nikes_JustDoIt

Just Do It
kiwifarms.net
I get people to use dating apps like (Tinder, Bumble, Grindr, Ect) to get an easy hookup( a cheap trill with sex). But do people believe it can form a long-lasting relationship with it, or is it the carrot on the stick to keep using the app/buying premium to find their partner?
I also feel bad for women on dating apps because they deal with sex objects and get attention from ugly men or Tims.

Grub

kiwifarms.net
I mean, it's not a flavor of women expertise because it's literally a sentence about men.
"Men are better off focusing on being happy and accomplished for themselves than put time and effort into techniques invented by other men for profit" is not a sentence where women is the subject.
Some people will just make any excuse so they don't have to try or better themselves.

Lemmingwise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some people will just make any excuse so they don't have to try or better themselves.

I guess I've just talked to plenty of guys that do genuinely try to better themselves but don't allocate any time or energy to also have the balls to go after a girl a bit, or that think they have to be some finished product before they start dating (fucking).

You just need to do both. That seems the best strategy to maximize chances.