Tinder and dating apps in general. The thread people actually care about

Nikes_JustDoIt

Just Do It
kiwifarms.net
You talk to a lot of incels, it's the same shit, they don't have a job, live with their parents, piss in bottles, yet believe not only are they entitled to a girlfriend and sex, but a girl that treats them like their Mommy's do.
I think either a manchild thing or the only woman they regularly talk to is their mother, so they assume all women should act like their mothers.
Ummm alright if you say so. I've found pretty good luck with just treating women like people, speaking to them normally and not worrying about any bullshit like that myself.
I think that's the better advice because you feel more comfortable when people treat you like a human instead of an object. Talking about some stuff that interested you (go for the normie shit) and see what works and doesn't.

Lemmingwise

I paid the right click price, not the crypto price
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is Tinder 80% obese single mothers with facial piercings and tattoos everywhere, or is it just the ham planets in my vicinity? When I travel out of state I could swear I start seeing healthy BMIs, fewer tattoos, and less jewelry hanging off their faces, but maybe it's some kind of Tinder algorithm showing me the attractive ones first.
Move to a better neighborhood

SSF2T Old User

Merry 3DPD Christmas
kiwifarms.net
Oldfag here. Been using dating sites for over a decade, but stopped near the end of 2017, haven't touched them since. Like everyone already stated, not just apps, but dating sites in general have deteriorated and it's not just because the site(s) decide to do dumbass changes/ideas that make the site worse, but it also stems from the type of people that use them.

Back in the early 2000's, you had more choice of quality than quantity. Dating sites were a pretty new concept to most people who had only heard about it on TV ads. Back in the day, Match and eHarmony were the two big ones, but there were other ones like PlentyOfFish that were free and let you message whoever you wanted. And then there were sites like MyYearBook that were a weird hybrid of Myspace and a dating site that included java/flash games you could play like 3D Cube Mahjong. Most of my time was spent talking to women from other states via AIM/Yahoo/Skype webchat once they got comfortable enough to move away from the sites, and texting/talking on the phone was considered the "big" step. Back then texting plans (i.e. prices) were fucking retarded and some people still had old-ass Nokia monochrome-screen phones, so if people were calling each other, it was on a landline in their own houses.

When you spend as much time as I did on those sites, you come across a surreal moment in which you can see in real time the culture of dating sites morph into a completely different form, and not for the better. There was one year where almost every single mother decided to hop on the dating site bandwagon. There was another year where a majority of people with some sort of STD decided to throw their hat into the ring. Little by little with each passing year, the quality deteriorated to what you have now... a wolfkin androgynous mentally-ill freak of nature that is "only looking for someone to talk to".

Depending on where you live, you are just completely fucked right out of the gate. Politics have poisoned the well of dating sites around the time Trump started getting traction, so if you're any shade of red and you live in a blue area, then prepare to be "Forever Alone"d unless you're desperate enough to sit through another "why orange man bad" on your first date (like I stupidly did on more than one occasion).

The thing I hate about these new-fangled apps is that they either need a facebook account, your phone number, or both. To me this is a privacy issue, as there was literally nothing wrong with using an email to sign up.

Car Won't Crank

My cars won't crank
kiwifarms.net
The thing I hate about these new-fangled apps is that they either need a facebook account, your phone number, or both. To me this is a privacy issue, as there was literally nothing wrong with using an email to sign up.
They say it's to combat bots and such, but seems all you can find on any dating app these days are bots.

Herrinnert_U_zich_Jezus?

kiwifarms.net
Tried dating apps in 2000 but no luck. Looked abroad and found a few girls who were fed up with their local options and went with one of them until i emigrated to be with her. Instead of going full incel with rage i had my fun with lose contacts, had my career, cars and guns. When i went back to my home town the girls i wanted are now available as single moms that want my money and a few scruffy kids that yell that i am not their real dad. Screw that.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
I'm saying this now and it's true 100%. Every boy needs to do the 30 day The Game Challenge by Niel(?) Strauss? Is he a PUA? Yes. Does he guarentee you a date by the end of it? Yes. Does he basically finagle it so by his definition of sate you are guaranteed to succeed by the end of it? Yes? But actually doing the tasks you are assigned everyday will help every boy/young man in their life in general terms which will help them with women if that's what you're looking for.

PUAs get a bad name, maybe it's deserved, idk. But Niel(?) Strauss' book is genuinely helpful to the development of young men if they aren't naturally charismatic. It's important in almost very walk of life to know how to be affable and to know how to be attractive.

Do it!, pussy.

Rapechu

If you bore me, I shall take my revenge
kiwifarms.net
The best thing men and women can do is to not watch and listen to retarded PUA's. The only way to find someone is to drop the ego and be a normal person. Normal people show interest in the person they like, you know, how we've done it for the past 100,000 years. The bullshit people pull today because they heard it works somewhere is the reason why 90% of men and women can't develop healthy relationships. While you pull that shit, that girl is watching some bitch on youtube saying "if he does this, then do this". The internet is not real life.
For the love of God, this. It is better to be a little shy, a little nerdy, but a genuine person, than to be a retard PUA wannabe with an inferiority complex who feels he needs to put on a fake persona. Girls can spot these types a mile away and actively avoid them. In fact, men avoid these types too, because they are insufferably obnoxious and constantly trying to "mog" other men instead of just chilling out and having a fun time. If you want to score with lots of cheap women then set your goals higher all you have to do is work out a couple times a week, and go to a bar and hit on drunk sluts. This is not hard or an accomplishment in any way. You don't need a secret guidebook to do this. There are girls who will screw you and only afterwards ask your name.

Kujo Jotaro

Every Man Dies
kiwifarms.net
I pretty much just use them as confidence boosters at this point, have never had a relationship form from a dating app. Honestly I'm not sure I could ever form a relationship with someone off of a dating app for the same reason I have an aversion to asking random women out, that being that I can't see myself ever caring enough about the woman to follow through with multiple dates. It takes me a while to warm up to someone, let alone care about them.

WonderWino

kiwifarms.net
They say it's to combat bots and such, but seems all you can find on any dating app these days are bots.
Its a bs excuse. There are tons of bot accounts on facebook and fake numbers are easily generated for signing up, there are sites for that kind of thing. They use facebook for it for the same reasons facebook does - to use info in your facebook account for commercial purposes. Sites that ask for facebook registrations almost always make the majority of their income through selling user data to third parties

That said, all this incel piss jug stuff makes me wonder if when the incel uprising happens they'll have pissjug catapults:

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
For the love of God, this. It is better to be a little shy, a little nerdy, but a genuine person, than to be a retard PUA wannabe with an inferiority complex who feels he needs to put on a fake persona. Girls can spot these types a mile away and actively avoid them. In fact, men avoid these types too, because they are insufferably obnoxious and constantly trying to "mog" other men instead of just chilling out and having a fun time. If you want to score with lots of cheap women then set your goals higher all you have to do is work out a couple times a week, and go to a bar and hit on drunk sluts. This is not hard or an accomplishment in any way. You don't need a secret guidebook to do this. There are girls who will screw you and only afterwards ask your name.
>it is better to be a little shy, a little nerdy, a genuine person, and as a consequence end up a 30 year old virgin, than to be a retard PUA wannabe

no, it really isn't.

pua shit will keep retaining its prominent position online precisely because the only alternative that people offer always seems to boil down to some variation of "just cope with being forever alone no big deal hehe"

Last edited:

HullDown

A position taken up by armoured fighting vehicles.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>it is better to be a little shy, a little nerdy, a genuine person, and as a consequence either end up a 30 year old virgin

no, it really isn't.

pua shit will keep retaining its prominent position online precisely because the only alternative that people offer boils down to some variation of "just cope with being forever alone no big deal hehe"
It really isn't that bad. At least not as bad as it's made out to be, or as bad as living a life following a manual written for people who aren't you, in the hope of impressing people who wouldn't care for you if you weren't lying about what you like and how you'd want your life to be. Insincere companionship can be worse than being on your own.

I think people are better off steering away from the two extremes of toxic self-acceptance ("I don't need to work on myself at all because my mom always said I was the nicest boy") and toxic self-denial ("I'll just change my hobbies, my passions, my clothes, how I talk, how I enjoy interacting with others, my work and study plans, and then I'll be acceptable"). And PUAs tend to steer you straight into the second one, imho.

Anyway, this is off-topic, so I'll let this die. I don't date, so there was really no point in me posting here to start with.

Ser Prize

kiwifarms.net
Dating sites and other social networking sites are, regrettably, required these days. I don't know if it's just a my area thing but you absolutely cannot just start up an idle conversation most of the time; people are generally plugged into their phones.

Frankly the previous avenues of meeting women(church, hobbies, friends, etc) seem to have fallen through. So now we have to deal with all this bullshit.

The Token Ethnic

♪ Hashire sori yo... ♫
kiwifarms.net
I'm convinced that the "free" dating apps (bumble, hinge, tinder) will allow anyone that identifies as a "female" on there without any sort of second thought. Some female to male troon kept showing up on there, regardless of my "women only" preference. I wonder if Match or E-harmony would be better at filtering out the weirdos since you have to pay. As others in this post have said, it's difficult for the 30+ crowd. Only went on one date with a girl who would not shut up about her 5 year old loving her ex, but regrets breaking up with him since he was the only father figure in his life.

Nikes_JustDoIt

Just Do It
kiwifarms.net
I'm convinced that the "free" dating apps (bumble, hinge, tinder) will allow anyone that identifies as a "female" on there without any sort of second thought. Some female to male troon kept showing up on there, regardless of my "women only" preference. I wonder if Match or E-harmony would be better at filtering out the weirdos since you have to pay.
While it's free, some drunk might be swiping and come across the troon picture and might pass, but most of the time, they will get nothing. There's a section for people that are transgender. Why can't we use that and leave the heterosexuals to be disappointed with the women they match with?
As others in this post have said, it's difficult for the 30+ crowd. Only went on one date with a girl who would not shut up about her 5 year old loving her ex, but regrets breaking up with him since he was the only father figure in his life.
You dodged a major bullet, not counting with a girl with major daddy issues.

Rapechu

kiwifarms.net
>it is better to be a little shy, a little nerdy, a genuine person, and as a consequence end up a 30 year old virgin, than to be a retard PUA wannabe

no, it really isn't.

pua shit will keep retaining its prominent position online precisely because the only alternative that people offer always seems to boil down to some variation of "just cope with being forever alone no big deal hehe"
The only good advice PUAs give is to work out, comb your hair and go talk to women. Everything else is just pure bullshit. If you look your best and talk to women that is like 90% of the effort. The remaining 10% is just engaging them while not being a creepy goober who puts them off by acting autistic, needy, insane, fake or pushy (or in other words, just be a normal person, be relaxed, have fun and don't have sexpectations for a person you just met).

The problem with PUAs is that they have this stupid outlook of "alpha male vs beta male". I can see the appeal of it, because it denies appearance/class and puts all the emphasis on personality. It's hard to change your appearance or your career, but changing your personality is pretty easy, and they sell books by alleging to be able to give you a set of rules to follow that will make any woman drop her pants. In reality, women will judge you based on how good looking you are, and how stable you seem to be financially and emotionally. In fact, personality is one of the least important factors in hookups and short-term relationships. Nerdy guys see handsome, arrogant jackasses hooking up with hot girls and convince themselves "wow, she must like him because he's a jackass". No, she likes him IN SPITE OF him being a jackass, because he's handsome enough to get away with having a repulsive personality. If an ugly guy starts acting like a jackass to women, that only makes him even more undesirable. PUA's may mock you and call you a beta, but if you're lower on the social ladder, you are better off trying to be emotionally fulfilling and considerate to others, than following a cargo cult that apes handsome men's arrogance.

AmphimorphodusCynomorphus

(((They/Them)))
kiwifarms.net
yep that's exactly the reason why all this "just be yourself lol" advice just gets mocked and thrown out by default. if that was a viable approach then we wouldn't be having this conversation because nobody would be lonely in the first place.
If being yourself doesnt get you dates then the self that you are is terrible and you should accept that you will become a wizard and die alone. Women can smell desperation. Women can smell PUA shit from a mile off. They're good at spotting predators. Its survival for them. No point in dressing yourself up as something you're not. A large percentage of men are just going to have to accept that they are revolting subhumans who will never find love or romance. Why would a woman tolerate an emotionally stunted retard who can't wipe his own ass? Most men cannot be improved. They add no value to anyones life. If you are not capable of making a woman happy then you should just curl up in a sweaty ball and die.

Rapechu

kiwifarms.net
If being yourself doesnt get you dates then the self that you are is terrible and you should accept that you will become a wizard and die alone. Women can smell desperation. Women can smell PUA shit from a mile off. They're good at spotting predators. Its survival for them. No point in dressing yourself up as something you're not. A large percentage of men are just going to have to accept that they are revolting subhumans who will never find love or romance. Why would a woman tolerate an emotionally stunted retard who can't wipe his own ass? Most men cannot be improved. They add no value to anyones life. If you are not capable of making a woman happy then you should just curl up in a sweaty ball and die.
Really, the question men should be asking is not if they are good enough for a woman, but if a woman is good enough for them. You're going to be spending your life breaking your back to provide for someone so they better be able to provide you with something in return other than just a pretty face.