Titanic: Honor and Glory -

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
hg.png

Titanic: Honor and Glory is a crowdfunded project that began in 2013 as an attempt to produce an adventure game a-la The Last Express with a 100% accurate re-creation of the Titanic. Interesting idea, you would say. Unfortunately, the dev team has not kept its promises and as of February 2021 we only have three demos, and a shoddy Britannic walking simulator on Steam.
Any news about this one? I've been hearing stuff on Reddit and I think this has potential for a thread here.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TitanicHonorandGlory
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TitanicHonorAndGlory

MediocreMilt

JUST
kiwifarms.net
There was a pretty fun one in the 90s where you play as a guy who dies in the London bombings during WWII and for some reason gets to go back in time to a failed intel op he ran on the Titanic.

Definitely wouldn't hold up today, and the plot was bizarre. IIRC if you got the perfect ending you prevented Communism and WWI.

But it was pretty detailed, you could see a lot of the ship (with some stuff notably cordoned off, also it was set in the middle of the night so you only meet about a dozen people, rather than a living, breathing environment.

Maurice Caine

You talkin' to me?
kiwifarms.net
There was a pretty fun one in the 90s where you play as a guy who dies in the London bombings during WWII and for some reason gets to go back in time to a failed intel op he ran on the Titanic.

Definitely wouldn't hold up today, and the plot was bizarre. IIRC if you got the perfect ending you prevented Communism and WWI.

But it was pretty detailed, you could see a lot of the ship (with some stuff notably cordoned off, also it was set in the middle of the night so you only meet about a dozen people, rather than a living, breathing environment.
Yes, I do recall playing that one and I think I still can get the perfect ending in under an hour.

dunbrine47

ThE FaCe ThAt RuNs ThE PlAcE
kiwifarms.net
I've been following this project for a few years also.
On one hand I do want these developers to take their time and avoid something like Titanic Punk 2112 (especially with their lofty goals). On the other hand I do worry about the lack of updates (yes I know the team have claimed that the Chinese have ripped them off everytime they drop info or a demo) and the rumors that Tom (the "face" of the project) has jumped ship. https://www.youtube.com/c/PartTimeExplorer/videos unfortunately stuff like Tom's personal youtube channel and the content on it (like when he spent a large amount of time out West last year) kind of gives credibility that he is not apart of the team and Matt took over.
I guess it all comes down to this "update livestream" and if they memorialize the sinking with something fresh to the table (ex. interior sinking or following certain groups of people).

Attachments

• 142666674_3950407948305442_3779893462665000583_o.jpg
    142666674_3950407948305442_3779893462665000583_o.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 37

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
There was supposed to be a whole murder mystery angle to this one. A bit superfluous, in my opinion. All you gotta do is give us the ship.

Michael Wade

I love my insane psychotic psychic wife.
kiwifarms.net
This is a neat idea and all, but it's been done before.

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time​

It starts out with an ex secret agent dying during the blitz and somehow going back in time to fulfill a failed mission to unravel a conspiracy on the titanic that could prevent the events of WW2. Made by the same guys that did DUST. Eight possible endings and a fantastic atmosphere.

This shit was my childhood.

horrorfan89

I'm running this kiwi farm now Null!
kiwifarms.net
Will it include the rapping dog?
stop stop just give the man the ten thousand dollars now we have a winner!

though yeah in all seriousness Titanic adventure out of time did the idea of a titanic adventure game two decades before and did it way better

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This is a neat idea and all, but it's been done before.

Titanic: Adventure Out of Time​

This shit was my childhood.

"Done before" is a nitpickable point. In terms of a full recreation, Adventure Out of Time is missing a lot, partially because of the story (you're a passenger; it's Sunday night; public spaces are closed), and partially because it turns out a lot of stuff was based on the ship's older sister. But holy crap, yes, this game was swell.
I wound up meeting one of the character models entirely by happenstance. I think she said she got $50 for her work.

Michael Wade

I love my insane psychotic psychic wife.
kiwifarms.net
"Done before" is a nitpickable point. In terms of a full recreation, Adventure Out of Time is missing a lot, partially because of the story (you're a passenger; it's Sunday night; public spaces are closed), and partially because it turns out a lot of stuff was based on the ship's older sister. But holy crap, yes, this game was swell.
I wound up meeting one of the character models entirely by happenstance. I think she said she got $50 for her work.
The sister ship? how so?

dunbrine47

ThE FaCe ThAt RuNs ThE PlAcE
kiwifarms.net
The livestream. I'll edit a Tl;DR in later.
Edit:
Statement Archive
Statement Website
Tl:biggrin:R
. Project History
. Refocusing
. Addressing Criticisms
. What happened to Tom? (Unimanous vote to move in new direction without him)
. Looking Forward (More video and livestream content)
. Community Policy (Ya'll are toxic)
. Alpha Release (Free Alpha with piecemeal additions of the areas in the ship)
. Bug Reporting
. Professionals
. THG Online Store (Be patient youse guys, the person painting the model ships is doing it below min wage)
. Financials (Going to get a 3rd party report to prove no embelezzlement happened)
. Commenting on past events (nope, not going to happen)
. Rebranding (Tom's vids moving over to his channel)
. Volunteers (Come on in)
. Restoring Burnt Bridges
. Proving the Change

Edit2:
^Video summary of THG's creation up until before the livestream.

Last edited:

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
This game is sort of interesting in the vast amounts of near-autistic effort put into it, which really show how fascinating Titanic is as a cultural icon.

I mean, there are plenty of other ocean liners that are just as cool (i.e. SS L'Atlantique), or even cooler than the Titanic that even still exist to this day (i.e. the MV Astoria/ex SS Stockholm, which sank the Andrea Doria, or the SS United States).

But it's definitely the pathos and narrative built up during the ship's launch, to its sinking, and finally to its rediscovery and canonization in film that set it apart from the others.

The problem I see with this game is that it seems like the need to recreate the Titanic as a near-accurate walk-around simulator came first, and it then seems like they realized they wanted to build a game around that point. On top of that, realism is not always fun, and even most in-game historic games play loose and fast with their level design to make things fun.

My opinion? Focus on making it a virtual museum for the Titanic fan community, documenting Titanic's maiden voyage. Players should have the opportunity to either zoom out to a birds-eye view and see cross-sections of the ship, or be able to walk around the ship during various phases of its voyage. It should be fully backed with encyclopedic facts, and maybe even offer the player the chance to pilot the ship and see how that fateful night could have been a bit different. As for any story, they should be mainly real eyewitness accounts of the voyage, perhaps as a way to consolidate that knowledge and keep the memory of the survivors alive.

Last edited:

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
I really hope they can get it together and make the thing they want to make. Titanic Honor And Glory looks so damn cool. It had better not get derailed or it will be nearly as sad and disappointing as the real Titanic's end.

I may have invested in this project back in the day.

If I didn't have a migraine from hell I would go watch a playthrough of Titanic Adventure Out Of Time but I don't think I could deal with Vlad and his wrench, even as a spectator.