To Infinifat and Beyond: Catchall forum for fats/should Chantal get a subforum -

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
another rec for the fat acceptance thread. corissa and J are particularly entertaining but unfortunately they don't have their own thread
I haven’t actively followed FatGirlFlow in years (last time I tuned in her ex was coming out as gender fluid and was showing off his Ninja Turtles muscle bra). I’m very glad those two are finally getting more attention in that thread.

The Chantal thread is very popular but I swear, every time I open it there’s forty new pages and I have to end up jumping just to see the latest gossip. Kinda dampens the experience. Makes me wish she had her own subforum (or a death fat subforum a la the rat kings. Call it the Funeral Parlour or something.)

a bootiful jung woman

Checkmate, I WHISPER
kiwifarms.net
The Chantal thread is very popular but I swear, every time I open it there’s forty new pages and I have to end up jumping just to see the latest gossip. Kinda dampens the experience. Makes me wish she had her own subforum (or a death fat subforum a la the rat kings. Call it the Funeral Parlour or something.)
The new 'highlights' feature is happening, don't know if it's unrolled everywhere yet but it will be, that will help with jumping from relevant informative post to next relevant informative post.
Chantal doesn't have a whole universe like Amber, not sure why people keep wanting a subforum when there's like... Peetz, and Chantal's own limited activities. Rolling her in with other fats just to convenience casuals also triggers me a bit, but maybe I can see the merits since I'm often poking around looking for Life by Jen and to a lesser extent, Corissa and Jay in the FA thread. Pulling Amy out into her own has helped.

ADHD

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chantal doesn't have a whole universe like Amber, not sure why people keep wanting a subforum when there's like... Peetz, and Chantal's own limited activities.
Considering how quickly her thread grows, a Chantal subforum might be helpful. General Chantal talk and discussion about her social media posts could remain in the general discussion thread, and each video could get its own thread. IIRC, that's part of why Amber got her own subforum, apart from it also being a containment board.

a bootiful jung woman

Checkmate, I WHISPER
kiwifarms.net
Considering how quickly her thread grows, a Chantal subforum might be helpful. General Chantal talk and discussion about her social media posts could remain in the general discussion thread, and each video could get its own thread. IIRC, that's part of why Amber got her own subforum, apart from it also being a containment board.
And look how hard it is to communicate or locate critical pics of info across the whole subforum - like Becky's kidney diagnosis being one. Amber has a lot of orbiting entities and chapters/movements in her history which makes an Amberverse subforum more worthwhile. But the hands-off moderation means it also festers in certain ways. How often do you go into a thread and they are pages deep about something the thread isn't even about. Searching things up is almost impossible because the search functionality generally here is not accurate.

kiwifarms.net
Searching things up is almost impossible because the search functionality generally here is not accurate.
I agree with everything except this. I find the search function here to be better than any other site I've used ... it usually saves the day when I've got to go slogging to find a topic or picture that's gotten lost in the abyss.

Not to say it couldn't be better, but ... m'eh.

SassyAndMorbidlyObese

Future ~*Skinny Legend*~
kiwifarms.net
I agree with everything except this. I find the search function here to be better than any other site I've used ... it usually saves the day when I've got to go slogging to find a topic or picture that's gotten lost in the abyss.

The search function has helped me out many times. Is it perfect? Nope, but it usually does the job.

a bootiful jung woman

Checkmate, I WHISPER
kiwifarms.net

It can't be sorted, or narrowed, by date at the moment. This is a problem when searching a large thread whole subforum for something particular (this has been raised in the technical thread recently).

Dog Prom 3D

I made it rain shrimp! What'd *you* ever do?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If we could just get all the "my baklava/hamburger/African peanut stew/Thai soup is more authentic than whatever it is Chantal ordered/made/ate and here's why and clearly she's a cretin with no taste buds" sperging into a different thread, the Chantal thread would be infinitely easier to navigate and would move far more slowly. But for now it's endless crap about why it cannot be soup because where's the coconut tard cum or this meal was plated poorly and looks like vomit or only fat assholes eat at chain restaurants or I would never ever use so many sauces on my artichokes for pages and pages. The Korean food vs cheese discussion almost broke me.

But having all these Amber subforum topics does help when shit slows down because there's always someone in her universe acting the fool or being gross. But even that seems to be decreasing. Basically what I am saying is all our fats, even Amy now, are kind of boring. Which was probably not helpful to bring up and I'm sorry about that.

a bootiful jung woman

Checkmate, I WHISPER
kiwifarms.net
If we could just get all the "my baklava/hamburger/African peanut stew/Thai soup is more authentic than whatever it is Chantal ordered/made/ate and here's why and clearly she's a cretin with no taste buds" sperging into a different thread, the Chantal thread would be infinitely easier to navigate and would move far more slowly. But for now it's endless crap about why it cannot be soup because where's the coconut tard cum or this meal was plated poorly and looks like vomit or only fat assholes eat at chain restaurants or I would never ever use so many sauces on my artichokes for pages and pages. The Korean food vs cheese discussion almost broke me.
Ok now that's something you're selling me on. Right now it's Anne of fucking Green Gables. However, having multiple threads is no guarantee of any one thread staying on topic (see: here). At least it would allow us to yell at people to gtfo to their own thread I guess.

DubbleBubble

kiwifarms.net
Would be neat to see a general FAT section of the forum.

I mean they are sort of fascinating animals. I think it's because deathfats really are the personification of so many issues that normal humans face. Many people struggle to exercise like they should/want to, deathfats actively reject ANY physical movement and scooter about til their legs dont work anymore. Everyone has a guilty pleasure, some comfort food they like every now and then, deathfats eat nothing but comfort food 9 meals a day til they eat themselves to death like goldfish. etc etc. They're like living cartoons, extreme examples of the western world's problems given form. Just watching how they "function" is amusing.

You can laugh, cry, be disgusted, maybe learn something about health and fitness and what NOT to do while you're at it. I think a FAT section would be good times.

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey guys please debate this here; in the future if you sperg about it I'll be moving your posts itt. It's ironic that people complain about derails especially in the Chantal thread since there's nowhere else to talk about her but then people go off debating this. I do think it's a good debate to have, but needed to do some cleanup.

Azshara

Point blank PERIOD.
kiwifarms.net
In my opinion, not necessary. BP seems fine from my lurking perspective.

I don't follow Chantal.. I have tried but her thread is massive and intimidating. Thanks to whoever updated her op though, might actually be able to get through it now.

Tags
None