To Infinifat and Beyond: Catchall forum for fats/should Chantal get a subforum -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Kamov Ka-52

Punished Jannie
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't really see the point of giving Chantal, and to a lesser extent deathfats as a whole, a subforum. Just cracking down and cleaning up sticker-farming, repetitive, and other low effort shitposts that add nothing to threads would make them much more readable; I can't say as much about other cows but Chantal's thread is a pretty egregious offender across all three of those categories.

Last edited:

89elbees

kiwifarms.net
Having followed Chantal since she was almost stable compared to her current state, I think she warrants a subforum. She's had more going on than Amberlynn for nearly 2 years now. I would also not be opposed to an infinifat subforum, though, truthfully, the only 2 I can really think of that fit (or grossly exceed) the deathfat cow bill are Amberlynn and Chantal. All the other internet fatties I'm aware of are lukewarm at best or known for flavor of crazy other than their triple digit BMI.

WeDon'tNeedToWhisper

Reservation for one at Yamatos
kiwifarms.net
I used to follow Chantal a lot more than I do now, her thread just moves way too fast. If I don't go into her thread for two days there can easily be up to ten new pages. Chantal doesn't do a lot but when she does there's a lot to say about it, I get that. But there are low effort posts or people repeating the same shit or just obvious shit. How can mods consistently stop that? And this isn't Nazi Germany(kek), who's to say someone's post is more deserving then another? I mean who makes that judgement call? Unless it's a blatant shitpost, of course. A subform is a good idea with or without other deathfats included, but who wants to go to all that work?

DubbleBubble

kiwifarms.net
Considering how much of a lull in content there is in the Amberverse, frequently, I kind of feel like that sub could even be thrown in to a fat quarantine zone. Amber, Chantal, Amy, the fat acceptance thread, whatever else there is related that I dont know about.

The problem is given the, well nature of the average Deathfat, they tend to just not DO anything for days, weeks, months so we're left spinning our wheels til something new comes up. So maybe one sub to contain it all and give lots of different topics to easily choose from would help with that.

I do see the overlap problems with say the beauty parlor, although I think that tends to more "girly" bitchfight sort of things than Fats. And I already know the conversation would frequently dip into the health and fitness / food section. But maybe it would be good to have this separate from those, so as to not derail the other threads with FAT discussion?

RemoveKebab

Ssssshhhhh! I said ssssshhhhhhh! Teehee!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I personally think we need a Chantal sub because her thread moves so quick and it is really hard to find prior details in her thread.

The deathfat sub would work too although it would likely decimate the Beauty Parlor since there are so many deaths in there.

Reactions: hambeerlyingnreed

cromit

hitlerally shrekking rn
kiwifarms.net
I’m one of the autists here who actually enjoys megathreads more than subforums. For instance, Russell Greer got his own attempt at a subforum and it crashed and burned. His thread also has above-average shitposting, ratings farming, and spergery. If it didn’t work for RG (who is another limited-trick lolcow with a few recurring characters but no orbiters) it won’t work for Chantal. I am in favor of a deathfat general board, though. I hate having to look up Jen’s or Amy’s threads when I want to compare to Chantal, and they’re different enough from influencers that it makes sense to divide them.

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Separately, what about a thread for What’s-Her-Fuck—Anna? The gigantic blonde TikTok “influencer?” She takes up most of the Fat Acceptance thread.
This is really the crux of the issue regarding the FA thread and why a separate fat corral might be warranted.

So many fatties just don't belong in FA because they aren't activists. They're just fat, but there's nowhere else to discuss them. Glitter (Anna) should have her own thread as well as Jen, etc. They clog up the artery of that thread and shit gets lost.

But by the same token, people like Corissa and J take up a fuck ton of space and really should have their own thread in our hypothetical Planet Fat.

The thought of just calling the forum FAT makes me lol.

glossdrop

You always try so hard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If Brianna Wu and Tommy Tooter still have a sub, and ADF only recently lost theirs, then there's room for a Chantal one. The clusterfuck gigathread is just too much for casual viewing, even with highlights.

Reactions: Azshara

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What would a Chantal forum look like, though, other than a new thread for every new video? Does Chantal say stupid shit on social media? Does she have enough people in her orbit to have a Supporting Cast thread? Is she talked about enough by reddit exceptionals to warrant a thread for them? Do people make art about her? I know the haydur nation talks about her sometimes, but at nowhere near the level they discuss ALR.

Her thread is A LOT, but not in the same infested by exceptionals with terminal autism type of way the original stand alone ALR thread was.

I rarely read her thread, so what are the biggest issues it seems to be having that a dedicated forum would remedy?

fatfuck

kiwifarms.net
I think that having multiple threads like AL does just makes it harder to follow a cow and get the latest info unless you're reading it daily.

A single thread is superior as it allows you to easily catch up whenever you want since you know where you last finished and everything is in the correct order as it happened. Sure there are some filler posts that you have to go through but I think the experience is far better for the reader in the end as you can read the thread like a book.

The new highlight feature is a good addition that should be built upon to create ever better thread indexing. There should be multiple tags and each thread should have a few moderators who are familiar with the cow and are active who can actively assign those tags to posts. Highlighting as it is right now will miss a lot of important posts since it only works on number of likes.

There should be tags for official videos, posts, social media activity, video recaps, etc., so that people can jump to the next relevant post.

Last edited:

MissLosR

kiwifarms.net
What would a Chantal forum look like, though, other than a new thread for every new video? Does Chantal say stupid shit on social media? Does she have enough people in her orbit to have a Supporting Cast thread? Is she talked about enough by reddit exceptionals to warrant a thread for them? Do people make art about her? I know the haydur nation talks about her sometimes, but at nowhere near the level they discuss ALR.

Her thread is A LOT, but not in the same infested by exceptionals with terminal autism type of way the original stand alone ALR thread was.

I rarely read her thread, so what are the biggest issues it seems to be having that a dedicated forum would remedy?
My biggest issue when reading a Chantal thread is that even over 1 day there's a lot of posts, same as everyone else here, but those are rarely all worth reading? When ALR moves 5-10 pages I know she's posted something inflammatory or interesting that pulls out lurkers (like with the Twinkie vet fiasco recently), and then I can find the video in question discussed in a separate thread.

Chantal's thread moving a whole lot doesn't tell me what's happened, and usually it's my eyes glazing over for a few pages until suddenly I've glossed over something actually interesting and I have to try find it. I think Null's effort to try implement highlighted posts might help with this, but until that feature is "better" (doesn't highlight "lol fat" posts) it can be hard. At the moment we have people sperging about a very old (but classic) Chantal video where she said she bought a homeless man food or whatever, and multiple posts have essentially said "between turning the camera off and on again to get the food her car didn't move." Someone following that up with an archived vid or screenshots is fine, but that's three posts max, and no one is arguing that it isn't true either and presenting evidence for two sides; it's just everyone saying the same thing differently. ALR's thread *can* be guilty of that too, but it's much worse for Chantal I find.

In the ALR thread, usually it's one or two posts max that will do something like compare two photos to another to see if she's lost weight, or one or two Kiwi's fact checking her nearest -insert food place here-. In Chantal's thread it's a bizarre echo chamber, which completely contradicts the "don't contribute if you have nothing worth contributing" nature of KF; I often write a reply to someone, realize it's not actually contributing, and delete it, but I don't think there's enough of that there. By the same token though...it's a place to sperg about a bizarre mess of a whale, not a ~refined~ place, so how do you police stuff like that? In ALR it's policed pretty strictly with late reacts and some harsh farmers who will call out when we've gone in circles too long.

Part of me likes the idea of each video getting a thread, but only because I'd expect it'd be like ALR; the video threads tell you what's new and happened next, and the general discussion often repeats already covered ground or has the extrapolated discussion. Because Chantal's videos don't usually introduce new life points or happenings, I don't think it would work. A thread for a video would still be people just repeating she's wearing a binge shirt, didn't last 3 days on her latest resolution, and theorizing about Peetz etc. ALR seems to have weird timeline landmarks like "started Optavia" or "got with Becky" or "donated stuff to Dana" to note before discussion; Chantal is ALWAYS just discussion because she's in an even harder to navigate web of lies than ALR.

Edit to add: we also have consistent recapping in ALR threads which make it easy to keep up.
In Chantal's thread some of the going around in circles is because she's Canadian, not American, so the largely American userbase here will sperg out for a page about something and "what it's like in the U.S. " before a Canadian Kiwi corrects/confirms for everyone. In ALR us non-U.S. people will usually have a "how does this work in America/Kentucky?" post and it's answered quickly, not speculated on by several posters.

TL;DR: Overall I find Chantal's thread harder to just "keep up with" when I'm busy compared to Amber. In Amber's thread this is solved by new updates being contained in video specific threads, but I don't think this would solve the Chantal problem the same way, because the sort of posts wouldn't change. Highlighted posts might fix this adequately.

Pudgy Bear Claws

turdswallop
kiwifarms.net
Add me to those in favor of a FAT sub. I was pleased when Amy Ramadan got her own topic and I think it's going well. I think there's potential for similar threads for Jen, Glitter, Tess and a couple others. Maybe a general thread for the less melky cows? Something could be done with a Chantal forum, I think. When she gets spazzy, she provides a lot of melk and it'd be nice to have a more organized place for it. I think her social media could be combined with her Community posts, since that's how she uses it. I don't know how much of a topic she is in the Facebook/Reddit communities but that's another thread possibility. I have no interest in her speddy orbiters like Rina and Peetz.

I think she has potential to be a fun cow to do a deeper dive into and as for the rest, there are already some tubbies with their own dedicated threads in BP. It would just be a matter of moving them into FAT?

eta: better video recapping is the biggest reason I'd be for a Chantal sub. I know sometimes she doesn't say all that much but there's always something in them that could be fun to do a deeper dive into.

Last edited:
Reactions: canadiancxnt

Beluga

Just a little white whale on the go
kiwifarms.net
As much as I love Chantal's thread I don't think there is enough content to warrant her own subforum. True, it tends to move fast but I don't find it particularly hard to follow.

I also honestly don't see the point in having a subforum dedicated to the fatties. To me the Beauty Parlor works well, I honestly don't see the point in creating another very similar board to it.

Tags
None