To Infinifat and Beyond: Catchall forum for fats/should Chantal get a subforum -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Ann Berlin

It's a borted!
kiwifarms.net
I think we overestimate how entertaining fatness is. It's the trap that cows often accuse their haydurs of, that we just mock them for being fat. Once you get over the shock value of layygs, fupas and 12 sodies a day the cow has to have some kind of antics to keep them fresh. The most entertaining thing about most fatties is their feeder fetish fuel and their HAES delusions. Unlike most deathfats, it gets old.
Remember /r/fatpeoplehate? It was just pro-ana types, self-hating former fats and orthorexics circlejerking to reverse thinspo. Obviously the no PL rule would help out in this case but after that, what's there to talk about beyond "___ is fat and I would not have sex with him/her."
There are other places to laugh at fat people for being fat.
Just look in the mirror

easyaf

kiwifarms.net
I don't care about having a separate fat subforum, but I do think Chantal needs one. She's a serial deleter, so catching her videos (with a note saying deleted, and a link tot he reupload) and ordering them by thread would be useful. She has some fairly regular haydur reactions, and she regularly chimps out on social media. Her social circle may not be as big as Amber's, but she introduces and reinvents the narrative enough that a subforum would be a clearer way of keeping track of her I think. Much like AL, she has enough health issues, eating, fat logic and lies to power a subforum.

Wyzzerd

Each post now contains 37% more magic!
kiwifarms.net
I vote for having a fatty boom boom subforum but not a chantal specific one. Maybe even toss it all into the amber sub. I could see a lot of fun with cow deathpools seeing who will outlive the others and introducing new ones when the current crop prematurely dies from lord betus.

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chantal, Amy, Slatons and people from FA thread are out of place in beauty parlour, so Fatty subforum would be handy.
As for Tess, imo she should stay in BP since she is tied to beauty\fashion industry.
But there are a lot of threads in the beauty parlour that could be considered "out of place" like onision, tard baby general, the munchausens, Luna Slater, on and on.

To say Chantal et al are out of place in BP just because they're fat doesn't really make sense to me. It's my understanding that the forum is called BP because the core demo that follows all these cows are women, not because the cows themselves are necessarily related to fashion or beauty.

Orange Banana

kiwifarms.net
The only reason I don't keep up with chantal is because her thread is fast. I would watch her more regularly if she was posted in a subforum where she got a new thread for each of her videos. I think the way things are set up for amber is a great way to have discussion about a singular person since the topics don't get (too) crossed.

Chamaelirium

~* I don't actually like pizza *~
kiwifarms.net
A fat subforum is overdue. Suggested names that I like include:
1)The corral
2)Fat
3)infinifat and beyond

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But there are a lot of threads in the beauty parlour that could be considered "out of place" like onision, tard baby general, the munchausens, Luna Slater, on and on.

To say Chantal et al are out of place in BP just because they're fat doesn't really make sense to me. It's my understanding that the forum is called BP because the core demo that follows all these cows are women, not because the cows themselves are necessarily related to fashion or beauty.
BP seemed like it was a catchall for people who were lesser female focused cows vs high level ones who live in Lolcows main, and it was a way to keep bitches from shitting up Lolcow main with girlcow related shitposts. It always felt more like a containment zone for that sort of thing. I have no idea why Onision is there.

I have a few arguments for FAT: The Forum

1. It's funny
2. New deathfats are popping up all the time and will eventually eat BP and all who live in it
3. Furries, Rat Kings, Weebs, etc all being in one convenient place makes the farms more orderly and those people easy to find- or avoid
4. Order is good
5. Disorder is bad

I'm mixed on a Chantal forum. Just to spitball, say we did have a stand alone FAT. I don't know how many posts can be pinned, but would her having a pinned GD thread, then a few pinned threads for things like -all new videos go here- -all SM/YT community posts go here- be feasible?

eta: that also seems like it would be a good test to see if she could actually carry her own dedicated forum like AL can.

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2. New deathfats are popping up all the time and will eventually eat BP and all who live in it
But most are not very active or interesting at all. Your thread is an exception. For example, technically a thread could be made for say, Anna, but she doesn't do anything but post sponsored vids so her thread would just be dumping that content and people commenting what amounts to "fat" and "wow her skin is bad." and occasaionlly repeating the same discussion about her failed corporate career or whatever. Anna could still have her own thread, and it could sink or swim in BP. But a dedicated forum where the majority of threads are like Anna's and only a few threads are interesting... eh I dunno.

a bootiful jung woman

Checkmate, I WHISPER
kiwifarms.net
Deathfats share soem common and amusing mental halth traits
There are enough fats to warrant a subforum IMO. and the Funeral Parlor is a great name

just to start:
Chantal
Amy's Life Journey
Life by Jen
Fat Guy Across America
Nicocado Avocado
Slaton Sisters
Tess Holiday
Boogie
If any big change is going to be made (and it doesn't have to) then I'm in favour of this model most, personally. Gathering all the toxic fats in one place, giving threads to Jen, possibly Anna (although it would just be tiktoks and boring shit imo) and also maybe Corissa & Jay (how dramatic are they really though? they seem like prime FA general material to me), and moving Jude into the subforum as well. Eric Hites is absolutely one of this FAT crowd. Nikocado does need a new home as he's not a general lolcow, he's also not a specific fat so he's an odd one out to me, I can see him maybe working in the subforum anyway since he likes to gorge himself and is a mess. But he seems more straight BP I reckon, since drama and histrionics is more his thing. There's an argument for grouping Jack Scalfani in with this FAT lot too since he's lost the use of an arm and a leg due to his eating alone. Some might disagree about Boogie though, I don't know him well enough to know if being fat is a defining feature, I thought it was more his behaviour generally?

I'm strongly against any kind of amalgamation of any thread/s with the Amber subforum since that is so big and unwieldy and is basically not modded at all (or maybe just got some very recently) so it's a shitshow of powerleveling, derailing and the new trend, poor-quality replicate threads that get allowed to breed (eg. two cooking threads for no reason except newfaggotry). Compare to the well-organised DSP subforum and weep. The Amber subforum is garbage quality even though the subject is very fruitful.

I'm still yet to be convinced Chantal has a universe worth documenting in subforum format. Random shit she farts out on instagram, community tab posts, deletions of community tab posts, appearances with Peetz, her disappearances, channel rebrands. They all happen sequentially not at the same time. Separating everything into its own thread won't stop Americans banging on about blood sugar numbers and health care rules in their completely different system or whatever. Nor will it stop 2-3 pages of Anne of Green Gables, only moderation will stop those things.

On a general note, If we do our bit in (all) threads with archiving videos and also adding, in text, the name and date of the video being archived in that post, we will make things much easier for ourselves in later searches. Also, we can keep nicely requesting improvements to search, like date sorting, since search is fairly rudimentary at the moment.

My biggest issue when reading a Chantal thread is that even over 1 day there's a lot of posts, same as everyone else here, but those are rarely all worth reading? When ALR moves 5-10 pages I know she's posted something inflammatory or interesting that pulls out lurkers (like with the Twinkie vet fiasco recently), and then I can find the video in question discussed in a separate thread.

Chantal's thread moving a whole lot doesn't tell me what's happened, and usually it's my eyes glazing over for a few pages until suddenly I've glossed over something actually interesting and I have to try find it. I think Null's effort to try implement highlighted posts might help with this, but until that feature is "better" (doesn't highlight "lol fat" posts) it can be hard. At the moment we have people sperging about a very old (but classic) Chantal video where she said she bought a homeless man food or whatever, and multiple posts have essentially said "between turning the camera off and on again to get the food her car didn't move." Someone following that up with an archived vid or screenshots is fine, but that's three posts max, and no one is arguing that it isn't true either and presenting evidence for two sides; it's just everyone saying the same thing differently. ALR's thread *can* be guilty of that too, but it's much worse for Chantal I find.

In the ALR thread, usually it's one or two posts max that will do something like compare two photos to another to see if she's lost weight, or one or two Kiwi's fact checking her nearest -insert food place here-. In Chantal's thread it's a bizarre echo chamber, which completely contradicts the "don't contribute if you have nothing worth contributing" nature of KF; I often write a reply to someone, realize it's not actually contributing, and delete it, but I don't think there's enough of that there. By the same token though...it's a place to sperg about a bizarre mess of a whale, not a ~refined~ place, so how do you police stuff like that? In ALR it's policed pretty strictly with late reacts and some harsh farmers who will call out when we've gone in circles too long.

Part of me likes the idea of each video getting a thread, but only because I'd expect it'd be like ALR; the video threads tell you what's new and happened next, and the general discussion often repeats already covered ground or has the extrapolated discussion. Because Chantal's videos don't usually introduce new life points or happenings, I don't think it would work. A thread for a video would still be people just repeating she's wearing a binge shirt, didn't last 3 days on her latest resolution, and theorizing about Peetz etc. ALR seems to have weird timeline landmarks like "started Optavia" or "got with Becky" or "donated stuff to Dana" to note before discussion; Chantal is ALWAYS just discussion because she's in an even harder to navigate web of lies than ALR.

Edit to add: we also have consistent recapping in ALR threads which make it easy to keep up.
In Chantal's thread some of the going around in circles is because she's Canadian, not American, so the largely American userbase here will sperg out for a page about something and "what it's like in the U.S. " before a Canadian Kiwi corrects/confirms for everyone. In ALR us non-U.S. people will usually have a "how does this work in America/Kentucky?" post and it's answered quickly, not speculated on by several posters.

TL;DR: Overall I find Chantal's thread harder to just "keep up with" when I'm busy compared to Amber. In Amber's thread this is solved by new updates being contained in video specific threads, but I don't think this would solve the Chantal problem the same way, because the sort of posts wouldn't change. Highlighted posts might fix this adequately.
I would argue this is an issue which could be helped by tighter moderation rather than expanding the amount of space for people to post OT thoughts and non-contributing posts, which would therefore expand the amount of reading to keep up with.

Last edited:

Bookish

kiwifarms.net
A subforum for Chantal would be good, not because of the 'universe' consideration, but it would be easier to discuss her individual videos in their own thread and general things in a general thread. I'd be more compelled to post on her videos, if everything wasn't all smushed in one thread, making singular videos and topics hard to follow.

DiscreetFrog

MOON GOON
kiwifarms.net
I have seen multiple people advocate for just naming the forum "FAT", and would like to put it out there that I also vote for "FAT".

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A subforum for Chantal would be good, not because of the 'universe' consideration, but it would be easier to discuss her individual videos in their own thread and general things in a general thread. I'd be more compelled to post on her videos, if everything wasn't all smushed in one thread, making singular videos and topics hard to follow.
This. It's not about the universe, it's about growth. There's so many people posting about Chantal now that it's making the thread hard to follow. I'm not saying her thread is at critical mass but yeah, my argument for her getting a subforum would be more for organizational purposes because her thread has seen a lot of growth in the past year or so and it's making the thread harder to follow.

I'm strongly against any kind of amalgamation of any thread/s with the Amber subforum since that is so big and unwieldy and is basically not modded at all (or maybe just got some very recently) so it's a shitshow of powerleveling, derailing and the new trend, poor-quality replicate threads that get allowed to breed (eg. two cooking threads for no reason except newfaggotry). Compare to the well-organised DSP subforum and weep. The Amber subforum is garbage quality even though the subject is very fruitful.
I thought those threads got merged, and fairly soon after it happened too. If there's another new extraneous Food Autism thread please report it. Duplicate threads like that happen periodically but are usually handled pretty quickly.

As for the rest of your post I feel that you're advocating for harsher moderation than what is necessary, and for harsher moderation than the rest of BP receives. Why should the rules for off-topic posting be so much more strict in the Chantal thread than the rest of BP? Chantal posted some shit about Anne of Green Gables, so people started talking about Anne of Green Gables for a bit is it really that big of a deal? Please report things you think need attention.

With the growth in her thread, there's a lot of people who are going to comment when Chantal does something even if what she did isn't particularly noteworthy. That's just how it goes. I don't think the answer to this is to bark at people constantly because their post doesn't contribute enough and/or be deleting posts all day because they aren't on-topic enough. That would be like trying to keep the thread small and manageable when it just isn't anymore due to growth. I don't agree that "just moderate more" will fix everything but even if it did, people need to use the report button.

Whale Watcher

< Buy ALJ · Sell ALR · Short FB >
kiwifarms.net
I feel like the main issue that's making Chantal’s thread fast-paced & hard to browse is how much derailing there is.
People are using the thread like their personal blog, waxing lyrical about topics unrelated to her. The lit-sperging in particular is insufferable. No one cares about your dissertation on the importance of Anne of Green Gables to Canadian culture.

It would help to have an “off-topic” sticker.
That way you can let people know to stfu & stop spamming the thread without derailing things further by making a post about it.

THOTto

Beep boop boop, we're fucked.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While Chantal is MIA, there appears to be a haydur cow orbiting her & crying out for the attention of the farms.
View attachment 1103497
Meet Brew, a literal Neckbeard.
He is yet another morbidly obese wannabe reaction channel.
He refers to Chantal as "Chinny" without a lick of self-awareness, since he thinks that the weight loss attempt he started a week ago makes him somehow less of a grotesque gutmonster than Chins is.

The only thing he does in life outside of the internet is work at a crappy hotel.
Besides that, he posts 2-3 low-effort ALR/FB videos a day. Clearly he's thirsting to live the Youtube Fat lifestyle of collecting adsense money while sitting on his ass all day.

You may also recognize him from spamming the Chantal & ALR subreddits, where he would link every single youtube video he made, even when people told him to fuck off. Despite that, he hasn't even managed to get enough views to monetize his channel.

Now that the ALR subreddit is gone & the Chantal one is on lockdown, he's taken to trying to squeeze views out of click-baiting Kiwifarms in all his thumbnails and reading comments directly from here:
View attachment 1103509

Fucking fats, man. They always try to eat each other.
I’m on board, this is the perfect kind of content I was waiting for. If this kind of a bottom feeder is around her there’s bound to be loads more and that’s gonna be funny.

a bootiful jung woman

Checkmate, I WHISPER
kiwifarms.net
This. It's not about the universe, it's about growth. There's so many people posting about Chantal now that it's making the thread hard to follow. I'm not saying her thread is at critical mass but yeah, my argument for her getting a subforum would be more for organizational purposes because her thread has seen a lot of growth in the past year or so and it's making the thread harder to follow.

I thought those threads got merged, and fairly soon after it happened too. If there's another new extraneous Food Autism thread please report it. Duplicate threads like that happen periodically but are usually handled pretty quickly.

As for the rest of your post I feel that you're advocating for harsher moderation than what is necessary, and for harsher moderation than the rest of BP receives. Why should the rules for off-topic posting be so much more strict in the Chantal thread than the rest of BP? Chantal posted some shit about Anne of Green Gables, so people started talking about Anne of Green Gables for a bit is it really that big of a deal? Please report things you think need attention.

With the growth in her thread, there's a lot of people who are going to comment when Chantal does something even if what she did isn't particularly noteworthy. That's just how it goes. I don't think the answer to this is to bark at people constantly because their post doesn't contribute enough and/or be deleting posts all day because they aren't on-topic enough. That would be like trying to keep the thread small and manageable when it just isn't anymore due to growth. I don't agree that "just moderate more" will fix everything but even if it did, people need to use the report button.
It's not exactly that I think Chantal's thread should be more moderated, it is in BP after all and I'm not in there hitting the report button for that reason. But the prime argument for her getting a subforum we're seeing so far is the thread is getting harder to keep up with - and there's a reason for that. Is expanding the amount of data to go through going to solve the matter people are raising? That is my question.

I'm not sure what the correct answer is right now.

Edit: I want to say as well that my reticence about a Chantal subforum comes from seeing how the AOne has gone for a bit without moderation. I do realise the Amber sub is undergoing some modding right now (thanks @SAVE TWINKIE!) and maybe that perception I have is going to change. For now the idea of another potentially messy honeypot is a turn-off. That's not to say it really would end up that way with the direction things are moving.

Last edited:
Tags
None