Today I have... Thread. -

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Accidentally took a very long nap, and I have to work today, so it looks like I'm going to be chugging energy drinks until 4PM or so. *sigh* Thankfully I can work in my underwear.

On the bright side, this gives me more time to knock out my to-do list. I just unloaded some bitcoin and went ahead and paid off ripping out the shitty carpet and stuff in my condo, and I'm debating going a few miles down the road to the non-ghetto Walmart to go ahead and do my grocery shopping for the month while scooter people with 5000 kids aren't around.

Kiwi Lime Pie

🎄 The tasteful holiday treat. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Today I looked for an update to some old software I've started using regularly again. I learned the company recently decided to stop updating/supporting it and released a final free version. Unfortunately, this version was error-ridden and didn't support the features I needed that the older version supported. So, I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the older one.

Also today, I signed up to receive the self-study materials I'll need to begin pursuing the exam-based credential that would help my short and long-term career more than going back to school would.

It's a shame when they get you at those stations with those prices.
Both gas stations and party stores mark up their snacks and beverages far worse than both grocery stores and pharmacies that sell the same items. I at least hope @The Shadow enjoyed the Klondike Bar despite the purchase price.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today I looked for an update to some old software I've started using regularly again. I learned the company recently decided to stop updating/supporting it and released a final free version. Unfortunately, this version was error-ridden and didn't support the features I needed that the older version supported. So, I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the older one.
Odd how that happens.

Also today, I signed up to receive the self-study materials I'll need to begin pursuing the exam-based credential that would help my short and long-term career more than going back to school would.
Nice!

Both gas stations and party stores mark up their snacks and beverages far worse than both grocery stores and pharmacies that sell the same items. I at least hope @The Shadow enjoyed the Klondike Bar despite the purchase price.
Especially when these places are much closer to your house than the supermarket.

• Agree
Reactions: Kiwi Lime Pie

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bought a cat5e 100 ft Ethernet cable (because I didn't feel like measuring first but it was $10 so it was not bad for the price/length) so I could finally connect directly to the modem on the other side of the house, I'm now getting over 100 Mbps downloads (though oddly only 5 Mbps for upload), nice not to deal with WiFi anymore!

Surf and TERF

kiwifarms.net
The auxiliary cord in my car fell into the cigarette burner. It will no longer charge my phone, so I’m guessing the metal caused the fuse to blow out. This happened once before when a coin fell into it. It’s not expensive to replace, it’s just a pain in the ass to dig through the manual and figure out where it is.

The water got turned off in my apartment building for repairs and I did not get a chance to shower today. I feel gross. I am waiting for my phone to charge so I can exercise and then finally clean up.

I purchased wine at the grocery outlet. The cashier asked to look at my ID. Flattered, I gave it to her. Upon typing my year of birth into the register, she said, “You’re younger than I thought you were.”

I have very little experience with relationships, so it feels as if my emotional maturity with these matters is at the level that most people would’ve been at as teenagers. I am very embarrassed about this. My partner and I are planning to get chick-fil-a and watch Versace tomorrow night. I was looking forward to this until she asked me to come to her family’s place. I can’t figure out why she prefers to have her Catholic parents around when we hang out and watch a TV show with liberal amounts of gay sex. Does she feel guilty about having me host all the time? I don’t know. I like her family, but this is uncomfortable for me. Perhaps this is just an exercise in communication that I very much need.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I woke up with several swollen mosquito bites, probably from last evening when I was gardening. Being allergic sucks. I just got over another skin situation, too. I got either scabies or a similar mite from volunteering at the wildlife clinic and spent several days wanting to rip my arms off. Not fun, I don't recommend it.

But at least I had leftover pizza for lunch!

Smaug's Smokey Hole

the black goat of yule
kiwifarms.net
Today, I wasn't able to sleep at all last night and am currently stumbling though my day. Took a ten minute nap, woke up confused and nauseous as FUCK and literally thought it was the next day. I went outside for five minutes to get some fresh air in my lungs and then took a shower to try to snap myself out of it. Nausea's gone, I'm not really confused anymore but still bleary. I can't take a honest nap even though I want to because I wanna fix my janky ass sleep schedule more. Pls help me.
If you have trouble sleeping, sleep on the couch. There's some theories that the folds and corners acts as a mild hugbox, but what it undoubtedly does is relieve the stress of not being able to sleep. The bed is for sleeping, you have trouble sleeping, better try extra hard to fall asleep etc. The couch on the other hand is not where you sleep, so laying down there you're just going to rest for a bit, maybe there's something on the TV that you can listen to, you'll look when you hear something happening... zzz

Changing where you sleep works pretty well in general, find places where you're not supposed to sleep, sometimes even flipping your position in the bed works(feet at the head of the bed, head down at the feet).

Another tip is that if you can't sleep in bed, get up for a while, then try again. I'm not so hot on that one but it works well for some people. Alternatively buy/make a gravity blanket if it's a common problem.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
I had an interview for a sales job today and I have no idea on how to feel about it. All of my jobs have been kitchen work to varying degrees so I have no experience in sales, but I really want to try something else and diversify my skills a bit. I made at least one contradictory statement that I corrected slightly but that's whats sitting with me right now. Its not even a huge specialized job but I really just want anything else than to be stuck on a line again. The only stress I have about future prospects is if I don't get this, I know I can walk into plenty of restaurants and easily qualify for anything there but I feel trapped in that industry.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I woke up early this morning and went for a walk. I had an issue with some police officers. Apparently, I was almost arrested for "aggravated sexual assault with extreme deviance". Ludicrous! I was enraged and confused. I went home and played with my groundhog for several hours. Later, I purchased a vanilla milkshake.
Didn't know people could have groundhogs for pets, that's pretty cool!

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
Today, I walked by an anti-white Black Israelite demonstration consisting of three people who set up a stage area on the lawn of an abandoned building, two people in the audience, and one guy walking around trying to hand out literature to every African American at the bus station that was right next door to this abandoned building. Yeah, it was interesting to walk right by them as the guy on the stage loudly proclaimed that "The Bible says that the White Man is the Enemy!"

I wonder if the owners of that abandoned property knew what was going on there. I do know that they would have been arrested if they tried that on bus station grounds. In any case, I just waited for my bus (thankfully on the other side of the station from that demonstration), put on my headphones, and watched the guy try to hand out literature to African Americans who looked at him with a "Why the fuck are you bothering me?" expression.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino