Today I have... Thread. -

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net
Ate an okay prime rib dinner, took a nap on the couch when the dinner conversation inevitably turned to "ORANGE MAN BAD", lied and said I had a headache, came back to my hotel room and watched Live PD reruns while playing RCT2 and Ys on my laptop.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At the wildlife clinic I got to clean out a enclosure that had been used for racoons (the raccoon enclosures are pretty neat, they have lots of logs to play on, a hammock that they can sleep in, little treats hidden around) and was lucky enough to find a rusty staple in the side of a crate. I found it by having it rip through my latex glove and making a slit in my finger. It wasn't a bad cut, but I did have a rehab tech take a look at it since 1. shit was rusty 2. there's poop all over that enclosure from a very germy animal. It looks ok today so I probably don't have tetanus or Racoon AIDS. I guess it was a good thing that it happened since I had someone shadowing me so they got to see proper first-aid procedures!

We also have an alligator lizard as a patient right now. I don't remember exactly what's wrong with him. I only got the smallest look at him.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At the wildlife clinic I got to clean out a enclosure that had been used for racoons (the raccoon enclosures are pretty neat, they have lots of logs to play on, a hammock that they can sleep in, little treats hidden around) and was lucky enough to find a rusty staple in the side of a crate. I found it by having it rip through my latex glove and making a slit in my finger. It wasn't a bad cut, but I did have a rehab tech take a look at it since 1. shit was rusty 2. there's poop all over that enclosure from a very germy animal. It looks ok today so I probably don't have tetanus or Racoon AIDS. I guess it was a good thing that it happened since I had someone shadowing me so they got to see proper first-aid procedures!
Thank goodness you were OK there. That would've haunted me had I done nothing.

afternoon_tea

thank you Dr. Purr, very cool
kiwifarms.net
Today I nursed a cold, watched Unsolved Mysteries and put myself in knitting boot camp to finally learn to do more advanced projects.

Reactions: Trilby

TheRedRanger

kiwifarms.net
Today, I found out that one of the people I know in Japan, a member of a local idol group, has been embroiled in a scandal involving a sex tape.
Haven't fully translated the article yet, but this is quite a surprise. It's probably gonna make my next visit awkward too...
(And no, I'm not posting links. She's 17 you sick fucks.)

Edit: Turns out it's not who I thought it was, and the girl in the video was only rumoured to be her.
This is why I shouldn't read Japanese news sites at 5am.

Last edited:

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net
I had to dissect a fucking live Madagascar hissing cockroach today. I don't hate bugs, but I do hate giant bugs. Not only did I have to pin it down and cut it open while it squirmed and hissed like hell trying to escape, I had to reach into an aquarium filled with about 100 of the fuckers to fish one out.

Easily in the top ten most traumatic experiences of my life.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had to dissect a fucking live Madagascar hissing cockroach today. I don't hate bugs, but I do hate giant bugs. Not only did I have to pin it down and cut it open while it squirmed and hissed like hell trying to escape, I had to reach into an aquarium filled with about 100 of the fuckers to fish one out.

Oh well, hopefully get over it, and probably grow to understand more about our bodies in the process.

Beluga

Just a little white whale on the go
kiwifarms.net

Out of curiosity, why did it have to be alive?

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Boof the coof away
kiwifarms.net
Two bubbas in overalls were buying beer at a 7-11 I don't usually go to, they were nearly falling down drunk and I was roasting the shit out of them.

The pajeet running the counter got a pretty good show.

My closer was "good luck with the cirrhosis" as they staggered out. Pronably one of my best comedy shows this year and almost nobody saw it.

FuckedUp

Trump's half-Chosen
kiwifarms.net
Found surprisingly sound legal advice in the hellscape that is 'chat' today. Very nice to have.

I also made scrambled eggs for the first time in a while earlier. Sat down with a beer and watched Shazam since I had it taped. Was pretty okay.
Shazam's easily the best superhero film of 2019. Fuck Marvel. EDIT: forgot about Joker

Last edited:

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
Today, I cleaned out my closet and made a massive donation to the local thrift store. A lot of raw shonen manga that I purchased two decades ago was included in this donation, along with some anime laserdiscs (nothing rare or obscure), anime T-shirts that fit when I was in high school but no longer fit now, translated manga with flipped art, etc. Some weeb is going to have fun at this thrift store in the near future. I kept all of my old anime OSTs on CD, though, since some of them do have some value attached to them.

In any case, my closet is no longer cluttered and I can now walk into the walk-in closet without any trouble.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Joined a bunch of credit unions, since I'm thinking about getting a new car and want to rate shop if I decide to.

Also, I saw a bunch of obese, weeaboo cat people walking around downtown. I briefly thought that the merge was happening, or that I had been slipped some LSD or something, but then I remembered that there's an anime convention this weekend.

Tags
None