Today I have... Thread. -

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
I just have to make it through another month, and these bullshit quantitative methods classes will be over and I'll never have to do any remotely complex math again in my life.

I'm thinking about taking on an online adjunct position somewhere, partially for the extra cash, and partially to get a bit of hands-on teaching experience before I have to teach an IRL class in August. There's a lot of competition, especially for non-profit institutions and the handful of decent for-profit ones, so if I do find a position, it will probably be at some shitty school. Still, experience is experience, and money is money.

I also may have an opportunity to become a partial owner in a McDonald's franchise. I don't think I'm going to do it, but I'm at least going to take a look at the numbers. I like the idea of owning a franchise, or being a partial owner of at least a quarter or a third, but I feel like the cash I'd need in this particular instance would be best invested elsewhere. Still, doesn't hurt to check and see.

Quantum Diabetes

Corbinfundme.gout
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had Filipino food and shit for about 3 hours straight or at least it felt that way.

It was pretty good chicken doe

Last edited:

glass_houses

not a bumblebee
kiwifarms.net
Today I spent three friggin' hours trying to get my printer to work. Strangely, all of the mysterious software problems that responded to neither driver updating nor rerouting were miraculously solved by just installing the spyware-ridden HP ap, something that the printer had never needed before but apparently does now.

HP is a shit company that makes shit products with even shittier software attached.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Today I spent three friggin' hours trying to get my printer to work. Strangely, all of the mysterious software problems that responded to neither driver updating nor rerouting were miraculously solved by just installing the spyware-ridden HP ap, something that the printer had never needed before but apparently does now.

HP is a shit company that makes shit products with even shittier software attached.
This is why Canon is now my favorite printer brand. I tossed my shitty HP with a broken scanner last year and haven't looked back.

glass_houses

not a bumblebee
kiwifarms.net
...and another lockdown has been declared for the next three days, starting this afternoon. Hopefully it doesn't get extended and we can have Easter this year. I went to the supermarket just before the lockdown started, at least partially out of curiosity, and didn't see any obvious signs of panic buying and food hoarding. There were bare spaces in the milk case, but that could easily be attributed to the usual Monday afternoon rush. I felt vaguely proud of my fellow Brisvegas citizens for finally learning not to be stupid. After making a few phonecalls tonight however, it turns out that the pride was misplaced, because in other suburbs, panic they did and a number of places were stripped. Fucking morons.

Last edited:

Legoshi

hunky bara wolf daddy
kiwifarms.net
This is why Canon is now my favorite printer brand. I tossed my shitty HP with a broken scanner last year and haven't looked back.
Canon and Epson make some of the best printers in the market hands down, especially for photography. Canon is really good for BW photos whereas I prefer Epson for colour.

My family keeps buying HP products and they tend to not be very reliable or even good. My Mum had an HP laptop running Windows Vista with a flexible screen for not very long that couldn't be fixed after it broke down. I used an HP Officejet printer temporarily to print my photos and my god it couldn't be more of a pain in the arse to get it to work. It's not Photoshop or Lightroom compatible, I can't change how I want the photo to look either on the printer or laptop so I have to change the settings on the screen (which messes up the photo because it isn't accurate), I have to fiddle with the paper when putting it in the tray because the printer won't recognize it, and it refuses to work with my devices to print out anything else. Their products are pretentious junk.

HP= Horrible Products

Last edited:

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
Today I made homemade chicken noodle soup
And tried mango Pepsi
Its was a good day
Edit update got tickes to kong vs Godzilla IMAX
Going to movies and dinner

Last edited:

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Today I got moose tracks ow scream, and carrot cake cookies. I DON'T NEED ANYBODY ANYMORE EXCEPT JESUS! ... And fig bars.
Also I increased my workout to help my STR stat.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Got my first dose of the coof vaccine. I have a slight headache about 12 hours later, but I think that's more related to the weather and pollen today than anything.

I also MIGHT have an interview for an online adjunct position this summer. It's with a for-profit institution, and I'd be teaching pre-American Revolution history, which bores me, but I'm not going to be doing much else in May-July, so whatever.

I'm also continuing to slowly migrate over to Brave from Chrome. I've liked it a lot so far, although I didn't get any ads for the first week or so, and, for whatever reason, haven't gotten any in the past 24 hours. I'm thinking I'll still use Chrome for Google services (Maps, Translate, YouTube, search when DuckDuckGo isn't cutting it, etc) in order to kind of separate that, as well as other things that I need Google for or that aren't compatible with Brave for whatever reason.

NyQuilninja

drink me
kiwifarms.net
Today I have shopping at Sam's and to eat a fine lunch at a local burger shop. Consisting of a triple bacon burger handmade to order with strawberry shake

Last edited:

DatBepisTho

Cryptid Farmer
kiwifarms.net
Waiting for it to warm up enough to gauge what the wind is going to be like before I lay-out and seed the native wildflower beds. I can't keep bees, so I thought I'd feed the local ones. Quite a few of the seeds are the papery kind, so they'll just yeet themselves across the neighborhood if I don't wait. Region-specific wildflower mixes are bougie expensive as is, my dudes. *sigh*

So to kill time I'm watching an animu. Started Dimension W on a whim because I appreciates a well written robot girl character and futuristic but not quite cyberpunk settings.
I'm only two episodes in, but I'm digging the balance between mood protag and goodest girl. She's adorable and the fan service isn't too bad, not to mention protag doesn't make it creepy so far.

Last edited:

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
Turned 30. Feels bad.

:(

Drank whiskey. Feels good.

*yawn*
hey man you're only as young as you feel and age is only a number. better than my day.

Was at work today could have sworn I heard the boss lady say "I'm gonna let him go." Could have just been my mind playing tricks on me or a misunderstanding...but I just don't know. I'm almost certain my hours next week are gonna be reduced at the very least now that we're back up to full staff and the labor's high, whatever that means.

tried to talk to my boss about it all I got from her was "let me decide what I'm gonna with you."

Maybe I'm worried over nothing maybe not...I thought I was over the stressful week and now it's only gotten worse. *sigh*

albert chan

I write computer programs for a living
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today I’ve realized that I have to think about moving to a different country in the next few years, since where I’m living now is not the same as it used to be a couple of decades ago.

It’s a nice neighborhood with nice people, and thankfully it‘s not the city, but it can be tiring having to still question why I’m still living here.