Today I have... Thread. -

Cheerlead-in-Chief

kiwifarms.net
Today I have fed beef to my red eared sliders for the first time, read the "National Enquirer" for the first time, and practiced my keyboard again and took a break to show my mom's fiancé the stickers on the songs that I mastered weeks before while my bitch of a mother was making a phone call regarding Spectrum....though of googling "How to tear out your own throat".

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Wrapped up everything from the semester from hell and started catching up on all of the shows and stuff I've missed over the past few months. I also started doing research to rebalance some of my investment accounts, particularly my Roth IRA, since I'm now 30 and am officially an old person, meaning I should probably adjust how much risk I'm exposed to.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Eaten a pound of watermelon and made a three-emulator starter kit with hundreds of video games for a dude whose played like only 4 games in his entire life and he's in his mid-20s. You know, something just to goof with and see what old timers had to deal with.
No I didn't include Wizardry 4 in the collection. Didn't do DOS games. Thought it would be too advanced for the lad. And cruel. ... Really, really cruel.

glass_houses

not a bumblebee
kiwifarms.net
Grit my teeth and dived into the rental market. Once again I'm the designated head hunter for our sharehouse, now that one of our number has gotten herself engaged (after dating this weird chick for a whopping six weeks) and is planning on moving out. I'm also stuck doing most of the housework for it, too. Joy. I rang one woman whose budget looked good, who told me that she didn't want a room, she wanted a studio... she wants an entire fucking studio apartment and genuinely thinks that she's got a hope in hell in finding one in Brisbane, in a housing shortage, for the cost of a single lower end room. Christ. And the prospective tenant list is like playing 'spot the troon' and everyone wants a fucking ensuite, and no, I don't want a 'professional Twitch streamer' shitting up my house, fuck you very much.

I hate this.

horrorfan89

Master of SCARE-imonies!
kiwifarms.net
went to the american dream mall in the meadowlands NJ today, (after wishing my ma a happy mothers day and mailing her a gift card) it wasn't too bad but...for those who don't know The mall is located in bergen county NJ which still has blue laws in place that keep retail closed on sunday. So when i went there expecting the place to be like dawn of the dead or dead rising...and yet half the shops were closed making it feel like dead rising 4.

That aside a few select places were open, went to hot topic for the first time because one never opened up in my home town, (got a spencer's though) and a few other places. wanted to check out the nickelodean amusment park but it requires a ticket to enter and i was kinda on a budget.

7/10 trip mall needs better variety...i know nobody's gonna open a gun store inside a NJ shopping mall in current year but they almost had a Cabela's outdoors shop in it.

glass_houses

not a bumblebee
kiwifarms.net
Today I went to the supermarket and saw a girl walking around with her breast hanging out. It wasn't an accident; she was wearing a shirt that covered one breast and left the other jigging about completely free. Otherwise she was wearing tiny shorts that half her buttocks were hanging out of so I think we can conclude that she was after attention despite the chilly nearly Winter air. It was incredibly 'People of Walmart' except we don't even have Walmart in my country. I have never in my life seen someone do anything like this. Very strange.

MerriedxReldnahc

Sir Richard Pump-A-Loaf
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been teaching myself how to ride a bicycle just by riding around my backyard, but I'm at the point where I need more space (and flatter ground). So I took a very wobbly ride down to the park and did much better than I thought I would. My balance is still fudgy and I'm putting way too much pressure on the handlebars, for some reason I've convinced myself that a deathgrip is the key to safety.
But overall I'm pleased to say that I can now ride a bike at "complete dogshit" level.

glass_houses

not a bumblebee
kiwifarms.net
Today I went to my hoarder friend's house, to help her pack to move house. This was the second time I'd been over there for this task.

All I have to say is this:

If you have a friend who suffers from hoarding, don't offer to help them move. It is physically and mentally brutal and there is absolutely no reward.

I am praying that I don't get a panicked phonecall at some ungodly hour of the morning on moving day from my friend, whose extraordinary dithering has resulted in large segments of hoard unboxed for the movers. And as an additional bonus I'm battling the urge to do a major decluttering of my own possessions. I actually declutter regularly, thanks to the influence of the creeping grime of the Tranch and the Kevin Gibes threads, but I have this unhelpful urge to do something drastic I'll probably seriously regret.

My lower back and shoulders are killing me. Why did I do this to myself?

Bastard_Call

Amateur rapist
kiwifarms.net
Today I picked up a book called Wormwood. The reason I picked it up is because the copy I saw at the bookstore is titled "Swamp Foetus", and my friend said it sounded like me. Also, it's apparently a horror book and the girl on the back is cute.

I stopped reading after the first real page. The introduction was already insufferable, here's how it opens;

"An Introduction by Dan Simmons

1. IN WHICH WE ASK THE GENERAL QUESTION: IS THE FUNCTION OF THE TRADITION INTRODUCTION ARCHAIC AND OBSOLETE?

Well sure it is, isn't it? Doesn't the very idea of one writer "introducing" another writer to the reader smack of hoop skirts and stickpins and a basic Victorian sensibility which is as dead as Barnaby Rudge's mother's cat? Readers who buy books near the end of the Twentieth Century have no more need of genteel introductions to new writers than Martin Luther required the intercessionary meddlings of priests selling indulgences out of back-alley booths."

And yeah, that general stench of fart-huffing surrounds the whole book. At least, the parts of the book which aren't actually the book because I haven't really read it. Even the author's pen name, "Poppy Z. Brite" sounds like something a Steam-powered Giraffe fan thought up. Here's a quote from the back by a guy called Edward Bryant, another science-fiction nobody in the same vein as Simmons.

"Poppy Z. Brite writes... as if an alternate-world Lovecraft were a practising libertine... Living in New Orleans and writing lushly decadent Southern Gothics."

Oh, and the author currently lives with two husbands.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
I've been teaching myself how to ride a bicycle just by riding around my backyard, but I'm at the point where I need more space (and flatter ground). So I took a very wobbly ride down to the park and did much better than I thought I would. My balance is still fudgy and I'm putting way too much pressure on the handlebars, for some reason I've convinced myself that a deathgrip is the key to safety.
But overall I'm pleased to say that I can now ride a bike at "complete dogshit" level.
The death grip will cause a lot of fatigue but the body will loosen up eventually. I never realized that learning as a kid was that beneficial, it really was the time to learn things before you learnt fearing for your health and safety. Landing on your head was just something that happened now and then.

Related to that fear I secretly tried to learn how to skateboard as an adult and that was terrifying, I did it a little bit as a kid on those small and narrow boards and that never went anywhere, those sucked. In my attempt as an adult I didn't fall even once, I was not bold enough to try anything that would cause me to fall.

Today I haven't done shit. You know how emotional states in dreams sometimes bleeds into reality when you wake up? Like the worst one is if you wake up a bit pissed at your partner for something that did not happen in reality. The thing that didn't happen doesn't even make sense on this plane of existance and you know that, tries to shake if off, but the feeling lingers for an hour or two. I had a weird dream that I can't remember anymore but I woke up feeling really sad about something so I "sheltered in place". Later on I made tea and talked about funeral costs.

MerriedxReldnahc

Sir Richard Pump-A-Loaf
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The death grip will cause a lot of fatigue but the body will loosen up eventually. I never realized that learning as a kid was that beneficial, it really was the time to learn things before you learnt fearing for your health and safety. Landing on your head was just something that happened now and then.

Related to that fear I secretly tried to learn how to skateboard as an adult and that was terrifying, I did it a little bit as a kid on those small and narrow boards and that never went anywhere, those sucked. In my attempt as an adult I didn't fall even once, I was not bold enough to try anything that would cause me to fall.
I've gotten much better about relaxing my grip, I'm riding so much better than that first day I went out! I still can't take either hand off the bars and still balance, I almost fell off yesterday after scratching my nose, lol.

I learned to skate a few years ago and I still suck, it's so much harder than I thought it would be. I still really enjoy longboarding even if I've developed a mortal terror of pebbles. What I'm liking about cycling is that I can go over rougher surfaces and have the safety of brakes on my side.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
What I'm liking about cycling is that I can go over rougher surfaces and have the safety of brakes on my side.
The problem with relying on a bike and being a bit cheeky is that it eventually fucks up all the routes in your head, so when telling someone where to drive a "turn left here" becomes "go between those two buildings and through the park".

glass_houses

not a bumblebee
kiwifarms.net
Today I rang my hoarder friend, who is still packing three days past her final date. She's had a number of epiphanies, and with many tears, admitted to me that she had a shopping addiction, that she had way too much stuff, that Afterpay was ruining her life, and that she was desperately unhappy and has been for a very long time.

Spent a lot of time talking emotional reassurance stuff. I'm really not good at that sort of thing. I'm going over tomorrow to finish packing up the old place and hopefully, start unpacking the new place. She's on the other side of the city so fuel costs and tolls are killing me right now. Will the ephipany stick once the move is officially over and the boxes are unpacked and the hoard is crammed into her new place? I don't know. I've been trying to talk her into getting proper mental health care for years. Here's hoping.

Last edited: