Tokenism & diversity quota -

The Last Stand

kiwifarms.net
The more I read about American politics, the more I see the term "Uncle Tom", "diversity", or "person of color" used around as a card to play. Tokenism is best described as "a perfunctory or symbolic effort to be inclusive to members of minority groups, especially by recruiting a small number of people from underrepresented groups in order to give the appearance of racial or sexual equality within a workforce." More or less, make the illusion that you're diverse.

Are people that are pushing diversity doing it so they could feel better about themselves? One example I would use is Trump or conservatives pointing out the likes of Candace Owens, Ben Carson or Kevin Martin to name a few. Would they be examples of tokenism in the Trump administration? Or even other politicians using race to increase their voting status? It annoys me that a minority status is merely used to say "I'm not racist".

Or even people that use their race or sexuality as a defining characteristic of their personality? What do you think of that?

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
Diversity is being pushed to lower cohesion in the groups to which it is championed.

As far as those who define themselves by race, sexuality, or gender, those are usually people that have nothing more worthwhile to highlight about themselves so they default to innate qualities.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
Tokenism is done solely to assuage feelings of guilt and/or out of fear of the racist label (and by association the coveting of the "diverse" label, for image purposes of course - they don't actually give a fuck about minorities). It doesn't even have a party affiliation - every fucking opportunist imaginable does it in political circles or industries with a very prominent "public face".

Diversity is not, in and of itself, a bad thing (and neither is homogeneity) - but it needs to be organic. Forcing people into places they aren't necessarily interested in occupying just to make your organization look good tends to foment resentment from multiple directions. It should be kept in mind that diversity is a STRESSOR (and often a negative one at that) on overall cohesion, so that "diversity is our strength" shit can die in a fire. Diversity is what it is. That being said, I don't care what color your skin is, who you fuck or what lies between your legs - I care what you can do and want to do with and for our organization. In my organization, a black lesbian and a straight white dude are on the same team, and they better fucking play as a team or someone's getting fucking reassigned to a fucking mailroom or janitor's closet. Got personal beef? Get it the fuck out of my organization. Settle your shit and come back when you're ready to be functional fucking cogs in this machine.

Anyone who thinks being LGB or black or whatever is a suitable substitute for an actual personality needs to be beat with a sock full of pennies.

Guts Gets Some

"Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa
kiwifarms.net
I feel no personality or character or identity should be off limits to be explored or given spotlight, but they shouldn't be overly emphasized to fill a quota or for representation. The notion that people can only like someone exactly the same as them is the pinnacle of regressive.

So many people are using literal crutches of identity to define themselves and nothing more with it, because it's quick and easy and doesn't require any actual work or substance. "Look at me, I'm a reverse pansexual, crossdressing tiger tank"; bam, I'M A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE WITH JUST THAT LINE.

Have you ever actually tried to talk to these people? I swear, one faggot on some forum was gay and.... he had to remind you every 20 seconds and with every post he was gay. Thanks, I almost forgot because you have no other defining characteristics past that.

I know gays, I'm friends with some in real life, but they're still people first beyond the fact they like a cock up their ass. Not this generation.

Last edited:

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
The more I read about American politics, the more I see the term "Uncle Tom", "diversity", or "person of color" used around as a card to play. Tokenism is best described as "a perfunctory or symbolic effort to be inclusive to members of minority groups, especially by recruiting a small number of people from underrepresented groups in order to give the appearance of racial or sexual equality within a workforce." More or less, make the illusion that you're diverse.

Are people that are pushing diversity doing it so they could feel better about themselves? One example I would use is Trump or conservatives pointing out the likes of Candace Owens, Ben Carson or Kevin Martin to name a few. Would they be examples of tokenism in the Trump administration? Or even other politicians using race to increase their voting status? It annoys me that a minority status is merely used to say "I'm not racist".

Or even people that use their race or sexuality as a defining characteristic of their personality? What do you think of that?
I see it all the time, elsewhere on the web: People want lesbians, dykes only wants to play with women, people bitching about some chick with exposed skin, "this guy is gay and here's his lover"...The list goes on, but it's an constant source of amusement for me.

• Feels
Reactions: Tard Baby

SpergPatrol

You're a faggot Harry
kiwifarms.net
If people want to be truly equal they need to accept that just because they share some superficial quality, it really doesn't mean they are going to act the same or be similar in any other way besides that and it sure as fuck doesn't make them qualified to do jack shit either.

People who define themselves by these traits are normally boring and terrible people outside of it always because it is easier to be a stereotype than to actually develop a personality which is why they are always miserable.

Nothing about this forced equality has been shown to help anyone and only has created racism and a brand new generation of poor minorities because they were forced into these high-level colleges and jobs they simply were not qualified for and leave out of frustration.

If we want to stop these identity politics to stop entirely we need to call out this shit for what it is exceptional garbage to make terrible people be able to walk around the fact they are terrible people and use others as a shield to avoiding improving themselves.

Everyone who does this stuff is normally people who you will always see they say and do actually racist and all the "ist," shit they always complain about.
They do this to feel better and convince themselves they are not terrible people and are actually contributing to society when as you can see they aren't.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Tard Baby

SigSauer

kiwifarms.net
Conservatives like diversity and Israel just as much as the liberals do, so I honestly can’t see any difference between the Trump administration and the DNC. It’s probably because America is so brainwashed and gay to a point that even the most “right-wing” are bending over to Jamal, Pedro and Pajeet. Now they’re even trying to appeal to faggots and trannies. First it was Rebel Media and Info Wars, then it was Atomwaffen and the TWP. No matter how “hardcore” or “racist” you are here in America, you’re still a faggot. That’s why burgers always like to call Swedes cucked. It’s because they want to distract themselves from their own problems by projecting it onto somebody else. Even the most cucked of Swedes is still lightyears ahead of your most hardcore racist Israelican.

• Semper Fidelis
Reactions: ICametoLurk

dopy

you are factually a bad person
kiwifarms.net
projection.
minorities are inherently robbed of their ability to see themselves an individualistic. this is both internally and externally imposed upon said minority population as an equilibrated cultural negotiation over time, both intra-group and extra-group, in attempt to seek something equaling a steady group state for maximum protection both psychologically and physically given the circumstances. the majority sees them (the minority) as a single unit in the exact same manner that they (the minority) see themselves, it's like a two-way mirror. the minority then projects this onto everything that isn't part of what they call "we" because they lack the culturally-given sense-making (pattern recognition) assumption that individuals exist inside of a group; this is a luxury assumption reserved for those in the majority (or those in the homogeneous society), or those who don't depend on in-group survival, or whatever gave rise to their minority status. that's why you'll see minorities say "white people hate spicy food," because they once had a coworker who hated tobasco or something, ergo all white people hate X, and there is no evidence contrary to this because they do not have the framework to analyze it as a unique occurrence in a unique individual. this kind of joke goes completely over the white person's head, because s/he doesn't see that s/he is part of a flat projection of "their group". yet all the meanwhile, both groups equally perceive that black people (or whoever) all like kool aid or whatever, and is generally accepted without pause because neither group sees the minority group as comprised of individuals with varying wants/needs/etc. therefore, candace owens is an uncle tom precisely because she is a traitor, because she isn't allowed to have an identity outside of her group, because the group must be her identity. but now that she's part of the "majority" group, she's an individual to the majority, and not subject to the projections formerly imposed because of her skin color/etc.

hitler aids ur mom xd

The Last Stand

kiwifarms.net
Diversity is not, in and of itself, a bad thing (and neither is homogeneity) - but it needs to be organic.
Thank you. There is nothing wrong with diversity; America is known as the great melting pot for that reason. However, seeing a forced quota on something disgusts me as they're likely there to "show off" and that's it. Then, the argument of no diversity gets validated with that flawed concept.
Conservatives like diversity and Israel just as much as the liberals do, so I honestly can’t see any difference between the Trump administration and the DNC.
Funny you say that. The likes of "leaving the Democratic planation" has been brought up a couple times by black conservatives. In my opinion, that's the GOP (or Trump's) version of virtue signaling. Minorities are merely used as marketing ploys for both parties to garner voters. It's humiliating. They haven't "left the planation", if anything you just moved plantations or even got promoted to "house" the way they're used.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
Funny you say that. The likes of "leaving the Democratic planation" has been brought up a couple times by black conservatives. In my opinion, that's the GOP (or Trump's) version of virtue signaling. Minorities are merely used as marketing ploys for both parties to garner voters. It's humiliating. They haven't "left the planation", if anything you just moved plantations or even got promoted to "house" the way they're used.
You're definitely not wrong, though the term is clever and biting enough. I would say both parties have demographics they tend to view as captive, in-the-bag, sure things. Dem leaders seem to perceive black demographics in this fashion, and in this way the "plantation" metaphor is fantastic as a rhetorical device and barb. That being said, I don't think blacks should simply switch plantations, so to speak, as I only view the modern GOP as being marginally better in some ways and likely most useful as a way to cause a schism or purge of more corrosive elements in the Democratic Party. They should break from "D all down the ticket" for its own sake as this kind of voting is fucking exceptional regardless of who does it. Don't let lawmakers take you for granted. Know when you're being pandered to or having smoke blown up your ass, and stop liking it because that's just the warmup for the gigantic dick of the government going up there.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino