Tokenism & diversity quota -

ZeCommissar

Cutest commissar this side of the segmentum
kiwifarms.net
stop this meme. read history.
By the time the US was truly becoming a nation in the 19th century there were multiple different European populations and some even caused strife within the US like the Irish and Italians. Hell people even briefly disliked the Germans during WW1.

Unless you are about to sit there and tell me that Europeans are a homogeneous people and culture then the US has always been a diverse nation.

Very few empires/nations in history can claim to be as diverse as the US and usually when it came to empires it's because said empires conquered many different peoples.

• Winner
Reactions: The Last Stand

dopy

you are factually a bad person
kiwifarms.net
Unless you are about to sit there and tell me that Europeans are a homogeneous people and culture then the US has always been a diverse nation.
that's my point. we weren't disagreeing. it's always been people infighting in the US. "fragmented cobb salad" is a slightly better way to describe the US history than "melting pot".

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: The Last Stand

The Last Stand

All I got was a rock.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What @dopy is saying is that "melting pot" was a marketing ploy saying. Akin to political slogans.

When do you think tokenism started and begun to be mainstream, to say? What was the first token character?

Clint Westwood

The fucking queso.
kiwifarms.net
Thomas Sowell is a pretty dang sharp tack and is capable of articulating his points without sounding like a complete jackoff. Grouping him with Milo is kind of weird.
Yea, Thomas Sowell is in an entirely different league that involves actually looking into his stuff. I just read Intellectuals and Race, and hav

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino