Tolkien was racist. Portrayed orcs, trolls and goblins as intrinsically evil - Liking Tolkien harms society. Also co-opted to REE at Trump.

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Allow me to paraphrase a post I made on the subject last week

Racist and bigoted and white supremecist Tolkein

Created a universe built on the concept that every single race, both real and fictional, has the capacity for world defining heroism as well as world ruining corruption, with the greatest heroes including hobbits and "lesser" men and the most depraved villains including elves and angels

Consistently portrayed bigotry against other races and peoples as being one of the great evils of the setting, which even those on the protagonist side must overcome, with a similar criticism levied against unquestioning and uncaring loyalty to/obsession with power

Personally told the literal Third Reich to eat shit and die when nazi publishers tried to reach out to him, and rejected their antisemitic overture by proclaiming he wished he was a jew since jews were awesome

Built whole new histories and languages from ancient mythology and his own originality solely to enrich the stories he told out of sheer love of the world he created and a desire to share his passion with the readers

Stunning and brave and woke modern writer

Creates fanfic tier ripoffs of existing settings with pastiches of whatever is trendy. Zero higher concept lie in the heart of the work.

Consistently defines themselves as superior writers and people because they hate the right outgroup and asspat powerful industry people

Personally throws screeching twitter tantrums about how anyone to the right of Noam Chomsky is evil and whining about scared and angry they are about not being able to silence them

Builds whole new histories and languages from lifetime movies and edgelord tween lingo to screech about how they are the bestest writers ever who overthrow some nebulous eeeeevil bigot conspiracy in creative media and that everybody they dont like is secretly a rape-nazi untermensch

Last edited:

not william stenchever

Pants shittingly exceptional aka: Bold
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Melkor waged a long war from his deep continent spanning fortress making foul and twisted things like orcs to fight for him in great number. Dude had a fucking legion of Balrogs. This was so obnoxiously hard to put an end to that the powers that be blew up that portion of the continent, along with it's innocent inhabitants. Two whole dwarf kingdoms go boom, contributing to their dwindling towards extinction. I think the elves evacuated though.

If you want to 'start a conversation' how about let's start talking about how Tolkien's world revolves around Elf supremacy.

not william stenchever

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hol' up. The Uruk-Hai are explicitly depicted in the movies as being scientifically bred in a eugenics experiment that would make real eugenicists green with envy for the purpose of genocide. Not just war, but to end the world of man.

But don't worry, they are just misunderstood. Now kneel so that Uruk-Hai can use his machete to decapitate you.

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Melkor waged a long war from his deep continent spanning fortress making foul and twisted things like orcs to fight for him in great number. Dude had a fucking legion of Balrogs. This was so obnoxiously hard to put an end to that the powers that be blew up that portion of the continent, along with it's innocent inhabitants. Two whole dwarf kingdoms go boom, contributing to their dwindling towards extinction. I think the elves evacuated though.

If you want to 'start a conversation' how about let's start talking about how Tolkien's world revolves around Elf supremacy.
It's all just an allegory for rich, white, cis men launching nukes to wipe out those immune to their particular brand of liberation.

break these cuffs

This... celebration of incest is very crudely made
kiwifarms.net
Calling Tolkien "racist" is of course nonsense, but arguably, it is true that many "high fantasy" franchises show reactionary ideologies. Though, also of course, one should not get their political views from fantasy novels.
What about Harry Potter and Star Wars movies because they seem to be driving the left's political discourse for the last 5 years?

Martys_not_smarty

kiwifarms.net
Is there any fictional works out there that depict orcs, trolls and goblins as the good guys beside weird Japanese Ero-Ge?
Closest I can think would be the Shadowrun universe, they can be as good or bad as anybody else. Also biggest difference between in that game is that what they call the metahumans (elves, orcs, dwarfs etc.) are ultimately still humans just with a genetic alteration like say being a midget or having downs syndrome where people can be of different ethnic backrounds but they'll have similar features attributed to them thanks to said condition.

Last edited:

MediocreMilt

Official Account of Dr. Natalia P Zhikhareva
kiwifarms.net

not william stenchever

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Closest I can think would be the Shadowrun universe, they can be as good or bad as anybody else.
I love the fact that the lol-troll is a relatively common build in that game system despite only being useful for one specific role. A Troll with a light machine gun, carapace armor, and a fucking battleaxe is a good way for a runner team to respond to everything going tits-up. Just crash through and get your buddies out

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino