Tolkien was racist. Portrayed orcs, trolls and goblins as intrinsically evil - Liking Tolkien harms society. Also co-opted to REE at Trump.

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I almost feel like maybe it's a backdoor way to prop up the Harry Potter corpse by attacking quality fantasy.
The "Fantastic Beasts" reboot has kept it from being a corpse. Perhaps you have no idea how absolutely fucking livid that fandom's core is at the moment because Dumbledore didn't french kiss and fondle someone's cock in the latest installment that just came out.

The Shadow

Friendly Neighborhood Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
The "Fantastic Beasts" reboot has kept it from being a corpse. Perhaps you have no idea how absolutely fucking livid that fandom's core is at the moment because Dumbledore didn't french kiss and fondle someone's cock in the latest installment that just came out.
I don't have any idea. The last time I actually consumed Harry Potter media I couldn't grow facial hair.

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't have any idea. The last time I actually consumed Harry Potter media I couldn't grow facial hair.
All you need to know is Rowling said a few years ago, long before this "fantastic beasts" series, that Dumbldore was gay for the very person who is the antagonist for the movie that just was released this month. Potter fags and the entire LGBTQIA+lmnop community is up in arms because it wasn't "Gay" enough for them. IE... Dumbledore and the antagonist didn't crawl in bed and ass fuck each other lovingly.

Senior Lexmechanic

Shitposting displeases the Omnissiah
kiwifarms.net
Fantasy stories, both tolkienesk and "sci-fi" (star wars, etc) suffer from one fatal flaw when trying to make an analogy to racism: in the real world, humans are all one species, and the physiological distinction between any two groups is minimal at best. But orcs and wookiees and ferengi are literally different species with different biochemistry and mental development, the analogy breaks down. It's like saying you're racist for giving a dog a water bath but not a chinchilla, there are literal biological reasons why you don't give the chinchilla the same treatment.
Which DOES make some of the "The 'umie is keeping us trogs down!" shit funny (pretty intentionally). Doubly so when the big Human Supremacist group turns up in-lore (most of their pamphlets read like drunken /pol/ posts, substituting Jews for (((elves))) )

MadDamon

MAD DAMON
kiwifarms.net
The Silmarillion made it clear enough that good and evil are things that exist in Middle-Earth. Melkor was an emo faggot that ruined the song of creation with his gay shit. How hard is this to understand?

The elves were tied down and forced to listen to Melkor's poetry slam and when they came out they were orcs.
So the orcs are like SJW brainwashed by a crazy feminists?

armoreddinnerjacket

kiwifarms.net
Well this is rich coming from people who think Harry Potter is the pinnacle of fantasy literature. Remember, LotR got started as Tolkien trying to write the greatest British mythology never written. It morphed into a fantasy epic, but it's roots are still there. Harry Potter was trying to capture schoolboy Britain. You can't really compare the two.

SirQuicksand

Super Captain Fat Fuck
kiwifarms.net
Throwing Trump in the mix by making him an Orc? Man, they've just gotta get one last twist of the knife in there.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Throwing Trump in the mix by making him an Orc? Man, they've just gotta get one last twist of the knife in there.
>Complain that orcs are racist because they excuse the dismissal of an entire group of beings
>Style your political enemy as an honorary orc because it's a cheap way to show him as bad despite the racist implication of your choice

:story:

The Shadow

Friendly Neighborhood Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
Aren't Tolkien's elves inspired by the Sidhe in irish mythology? And the Fomorians inspired orcs/goblins. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because it's always been kind of an assumption but it made sense.
They have some elements of that, but I think they draw more from the Alfar (from which Elf is derived) in Norse mythology . By the same token, orc is drawn from orcneas in old English, kind of a generic name for an ogre or monster or demon.

These mythological traditions all tend to have some common features, though.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino