Tom Clancy's The Division -

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
I wasn't mad at Division for wokeness, although it was eyerolly. They even had a stupid phonecall recording of some kid coming out of the closet to their parent. The main thing I'm wondering, is everyone still ugly as fucking sin? Even compared to their own voice actors?

View attachment 676917

View attachment 676919
I think it's something to do with people getting PO'ed over "Oi! Why is there only handsome/rugged people in this apocalypse like scenario!'. Dunno if that was the complaint for the 1st game though, but again the mofos complained about FC3 being a "White savior" thing or FC4 being "Americans getting on others countries cultures"

Last edited:

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
Those of you with less money than sense will be able to join the idiots among us at midnight tonight!

If you enjoyed the first Div, or came back to it after the issues were ironed out, you're in for a real treat. If you were undecided I think you'll love it.

If you hated the first Division and can't stand loot shooters, then... Uh, form your own opinion.

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net

Eurogamer review of The Division 2

If you can somehow manage to ignore the fact that a shoot-and-loot game doesn't cram politics down your throat, it's a fun game!

I got it from a Redbox this past weekend, I enjoyed it more than I did the first. The bullet sponginess of enemies seemed a little lower, but the game overall seems kind of grindy. I didn't have any issues with the servers or anything dropping me, which kind of shocked me with it being launch weekend. Apparently the skills have a bug where they sometimes just randomly disappear and go on cooldown for 15 seconds, which is a pretty significant issue especially if you're a solo player mostly like me. My attack drone probably only properly deployed 40% of the time or so if I had to guess. Once that's fixed, the game itself is actually pretty solid, probably a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Last edited:

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
They've had a patch pushed through just an hour ago which has resolved the majority of skills bugging out like that. A permanent, global fix is due later this week.

And the artifact is outside a museum because it was looted you dumb fucking crybaby. Even the pick-up text says this!

Gaming journalists. Oye.

• Informative
Reactions: Bush did USS Maine

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
I've been watching videos on it. And it literally looks like The Division 2.0. Not just graphically. Character creation is better, Controls are better, menus are better, skill design makes more sense, modifications to weapons and armor are more intuitive, they've increased the variation and list of random world events that can happen, looting stuff from containers isn't as annoying, falling through the earth randomly isn't a thing anymore. They've addressed almost all of the issues everyone had with the original.

If you didn't like shoot and loot games, this probably won't change your mind. But to me, it's the ideal design for a 3rd person shooter. I'm happy this was made, because you could see The Division 1 and it's engine had so much potential, but they fumbled hard out the gate.

• Agree

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
Pretty much everything has clearly come from a learning experience, and Massive were obviously listening to a silly degree. I'm hooked.

Soloed the 12 Hunter fights. Fuck, they will always be bastards.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much everything has clearly come from a learning experience, and Massive were obviously listening to a silly degree. I'm hooked.

Soloed the 12 Hunter fights. Fuck, they will always be bastards.
Did they port over the Dungeon Generator from the previous game? That was one of my favorite things. I couldn't believe no one had tried to do that in a modern game.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
I shouldn't have even made my post before, these guys basically say everything i was thinking already

Bush did USS Maine

kiwifarms.net
I've hit max level now, only the strongholds left to go. I got a MK17 from the Dark Zone with about 8k damage, and I have to say I love that gun, especially with gear that has damage to elites bonuses. With an M60 and sawed off shotgun to back up the rifle, I've had a much easier time at higher levels than I did early and midgame. Destiny 2 had a mechanic where you could level up guns you were fond of if you sacrificed others of the same type, is the recalibration table the only thing of that nature in Division 2?

Reactions: Catgirl IRL

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
For now, yeah.

We're still technically in the leveling process, and Massive did add methods of Maxing out your gear stats in the first game. I'd be surprised if something similar doesn't appear in the game once tier 5 stuff is done and dusted.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
So, heres my question. Me and a buddy were gonna get Division 2, but someone mentioned on a discord chat how your co-op progress doesnt transfer to your solo progress in terms of missions and story. Is that shit true or not?

Bush did USS Maine

kiwifarms.net
They're nerfing my MK17! HANDS OFF MY DELETER REEEEEE

So, heres my question. Me and a buddy were gonna get Division 2, but someone mentioned on a discord chat how your co-op progress doesnt transfer to your solo progress in terms of missions and story. Is that shit true or not?
Dunno if you're still wondering this or not, but I've played story missions as both a host of a game and as a joiner, they kept my progress when I went back solo just fine. I don't know if side missions or the control points (basically open world spawn points you can capture) would work the same way though.

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
Side missions and control points have to be finished in the host's own game at least. The former because they have pre-requirements (unlike main missions that just have a level suggestion), and the latter because of how they become dynamic at end game and wouldn't persist anyway.

• Informative
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino