Law Tommy Robinson to face retrial over contempt of court charge - Free - Just released from Belmarsh

JohnDoe

There is still time for some poolside fun!
kiwifarms.net
What a fucking setup.

This technicality alone should get the charge thrown out.
Are they going to just keep trying him, fuck it up on purpose so he can spend more to reverse it, then try him again until his life is nothing but a revolving door at the courthouse?
It is certainly one way to keep him from becoming a prison martyr or returning to his investigation......but it also seems very unsustainable long-term.

EasyPeasy

Oh Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are they going to just keep trying him, fuck it up on purpose so he can spend more to reverse it, then try him again until his life is nothing but a revolving door at the courthouse?
It is certainly one way to keep him from becoming a prison martyr or returning to his investigation......but it also seems very unsustainable long-term.
He's an enemy of the State so I doubt it will ever stop, they have bugged his house and Tommy caught them in the back of the listening van in his street. The contempt of court charge is bullshit, the real reason they are persecuting him is for allegedly causing 'anxiety' to the Muslim paedophile gang rapists by asking them "how they felt about the verdict’" after they where found guilty.

• Feels
Reactions: Koby_Fish

JohnDoe

kiwifarms.net
He's an enemy of the State so I doubt it will ever stop, they have bugged his house and Tommy caught them in the back of the listening van in his street. The contempt of court charge is bullshit, the real reason they are persecuting him is for allegedly causing 'anxiety' to the Muslim paedophile gang rapists by asking them "how they felt about the verdict’" after they where found guilty.
Sounds like you need to drag some government officials out of their palaces and redecorate your lampposts there, Billy Britain. Do we need to Venmo you some dosh for the rope?

not william stenchever

Mr. Popo does not fuck
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like you need to drag some government officials out of their palaces and redecorate your lampposts there, Billy Britain. Do we need to Venmo you some dosh for the rope?
I am here on this most glorious freedom day to remind you that the only reason they even have the Magna Carta is because some barons got pissy and went to war to enrich themselves. The Magna Carta was an afterthought to calm the peasants down before they realized the black plague had driven up the cost of labor, and made them less replaceable/more valuable.

If the queen and her corgis don't start hanging strange fruit from lamp posts I wouldn't expect the peasantry to do much.

P

PN 801

kiwifarms.net
Government is corrupt and prone to abuse. Shit like this is why revolutionary war was fought.

People are so cucked beyond redemption.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tommy trial day 2 live

Live tweets.

I have to say, I'm with his barrister on the recklessness point (there is no registry of cases where reporting restrictions are in force) and on the fact the material was already in the public domain. It would really set a very dangerous precedent if you could be in contempt for publicising already publicly accessible information.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
It would really set a very dangerous precedent if you could be in contempt for publicising already publicly accessible information.
I have to agree on that. Much as I dislike Robinson, justice should be blind.
There have been too many cases recently where unpleasant people have been used to set precedents which will harm the rest of us. Thinking of the 1488 van Christchurch chap who was done for video sharing. The coverage was very ‘if you object you share his beliefs’ rather than ‘this is an attack on our civil liberties.’ The precedent set was one we should all be concerned about. The Cliff Richard case as well. The BBC acted like idiots but the ruling is potentially chilling to free reporting.

It shouldn’t be easy to set such precedents using unpopular figures. There have been too many such cases recently where basic things like information sharing, reporting etc are under threat.

EasyPeasy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh' well the corrupt judicial system found Tommy guilty of 'contempt of court' as expected.

Tommy is the first journalist ever in the UK to serve a sentence for breaching a reporting restriction and now he is gonna go to prison again. The governments own witnesses confirmed Tommy's statement that they did not follow the rules and failed to put notification about reporting restrictions on the website, screens or displayed in court as is required.

Fucking stinks!

Date for the next hearing and possibility sentencing is 11 July but this could change.

JohnDoe

kiwifarms.net
The really appalling thing is that apparently a bunch of journalists over the last several years have violated similar rules and only been given fines - on the rare occasions that they have been prosecuted. Yet Tommy is bound for the most dangerous prison they can find for at least a year.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh' well the corrupt judicial system found Tommy guilty of 'contempt of court' as expected.

Tommy is the first journalist ever in the UK to serve a sentence for breaching a reporting restriction and now he is gonna go to prison again. The governments own witnesses confirmed Tommy's statement that they did not follow the rules and failed to put notification about reporting restrictions on the website, screens or displayed in court as is required.

Fucking stinks!

Date for the next hearing and possibility sentencing is 11 July but this could change.
Hmmm. If that's right I think he's got an arguable appeal on the basis that the judge failed to properly take into account relevant evidence but that's without having read the judgement.

EasyPeasy

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hmmm. If that's right I think he's got an arguable appeal on the basis that the judge failed to properly take into account relevant evidence but that's without having read the judgement.
It all came out in court if you read the transcript and Tommy addressed it in his Post Verdict speech outside the old bailey

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to say, I'm with his barrister on the recklessness point (there is no registry of cases where reporting restrictions are in force) and on the fact the material was already in the public domain. It would really set a very dangerous precedent if you could be in contempt for publicising already publicly accessible information.
It's a precedent British Courts want to set.

The UK courts didn't used to have such an opportunity for 'Judicial Activism' yes they could rule against the Government on a particular issue, but the Government could always go back to Parliament and simply ammend the relevant legislation.

Anyway now because of the European Human Rights act, the Courts are able to start offering their learned opinions on more subjects. They're helped in that because the British Parliament is stocked with such a diverse bunch, who are so fucking weak they just let the courts have their way.

At the end of the day the situation is that the UK government have locked up so many Muslims in the last 20 years, they simply cannot afford to have the man the Islamic community have a visceral hatred go free.

If it wasn't this it would be something else, his cards been marked for years.

X Prime

kiwifarms.net
Wait, I'm confused.

So how did the government prove the reporting restriction existed in the first place if they never posted it anywhere?

• DRINK!
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino