Toy Story 4 trailer - or How I learned to stop worrying and love the cash grabs

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
This is the first concrete case of feminism being an issue. Toy Story always had good female characters. Some even saving the men on more than one occasion. Now, we got a hillbilly Lara Croft saving their asses again, but despite being a minor character in the 3 other movies, she's suddenly a seemingly big deal.

Is it going too far to claim it's SJW diversity to do this? But it also fits the Toy Story universe very well? If it is indeed "on purpose", they might actually start writing decent strong female characters, which I guess is fine, as long as it's in new IP and not cucking over more of my childhood. Hey remember Hercules? He actually never beat up any lion or ogre, it was Herculiana from the shadows.

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
This is the first concrete case of feminism being an issue. Toy Story always had good female characters. Some even saving the men on more than one occasion. Now, we got a hillbilly Lara Croft saving their asses again, but despite being a minor character in the 3 other movies, she's suddenly a seemingly big deal.

Is it going too far to claim it's SJW diversity to do this? But it also fits the Toy Story universe very well? If it is indeed "on purpose", they might actually start writing decent strong female characters, which I guess is fine, as long as it's in new IP and not cucking over more of my childhood. Hey remember Hercules? He actually never beat up any lion or ogre, it was Herculiana from the shadows.
There is the whole Omphale ordeal where herc is her slave and he has to be wear woman's clothing and help sew....really fag shit.

iRON-mAn

kiwifarms.net
Toy Story always had good female characters.
Did...did it?

The only female character I can think of is Jesse and the Barbies, and to be fair Ken totally stole the show away from Barbie in 3. Other than that there's...Mrs. Potatohead? But her screentime is really small. If we widen it to humans, there's Andy's mom and sister, but his mom gets even less screentime than Mrs. Potatohead and his sister may as well be non-existent (I think we see the dog more than her).

I'm not even saying I want to see more strong female characters like what they're doing to Bo Peep. But it certainly wouldn't have been something I'd have credited to any other entry to the series either.

Beanie

"I… am not… hiding"
kiwifarms.net
I can think of Emily, Jessie's previous owner, who was the focus of a whole song in 2. But that's backstory stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: iRON-mAn

mrdk_04

In semi-autist hell.
kiwifarms.net
This is the exact same story set up as the last two movies. (And also the first movie to an extent)

Woody and friends get separated from Andy/Bonnie and must either make their way back home or stay in this promising new life they've been offered by the antagonist.

Do people not see that Disney/Pixar are creatively bankrupt at this point?
I'd say they notice it in Pixar moreso than Disney.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Watching over the trailer again, I'm pointing out some story weaknesses right from the get go.

I get it is a movie and there is wiggle room for conveniences, but Woody and Forky get separated from Bonnie. So Woody, at least based on the trailer, knows how to get to the carnival where Bonnie is headed. How on Earth he knows how to get there is anyone's guess, but we'll have to watch the movie to know. Okay, so Woody and Forky are heading in the same direction as Bonnie, but then they just so happen to run into a long lost Bo! Well that's a happy convenience, isn't it? What are the odds of that? You just happen to run into your long lost love while on the way to the exact same place that your misplaced owner is headed and everyone converges on the same location. Very cool that all that worked out for ya Woody.

I mean there are story conveniences and there is cosmic predetermination.

Last edited:

PsychoNerd054

Reporter of the Double Posts
kiwifarms.net
On the plus side, they're technically not replacing Rickles for the voice of Potato Head. They're apparently taking unused audio clips that he did for the first 3 films or something.

• Informative
Reactions: scorptatious

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
On the plus side, they're technically not replacing Rickles for the voice of Potato Head. They're apparently taking unused audio clips that he did for the first 3 films or something.
It still feels fucking dirty for them to do that to Rickles. I mean I know Disney is run by soulless Jews but god damn, to do that to one of their own...

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
Yeaaaaah I'm feeling really mixed here. Like it's good that they're putting some unused archive audio to use so they don't have to kill him off and leave Mrs. Potato Head a widow (honestly the best and most adult choice) or do some weird sentence-mixing, but on the other hand, that sounds really awkward like they're dragging out the corpse to puppeteer for a bit. It's one thing to do animation to/release unused audio as a special feature or tribute, but to put them in a finished film they weren't intended to be is cheap on so many levels.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So double-post, but the plot of the movie leaked on 4chan and....wow, does it just completely fuck over the perfect ending 3 gave us. It honestly reads like a setup for a tv show.

• Informative
Reactions: mrdk_04

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
So double-post, but the plot of the movie leaked on 4chan and....wow, does it just completely fuck over the perfect ending 3 gave us. It honestly reads like a setup for a tv show.

Yeah... I think I'll just pirate it out of curiosity.

Oh, and about the Mr. Potato Head post you made. From what I've heard, Pixar asked Rickles' family beforehand before going ahead with the plan. Still feels wrong considering they replaced Slinky's voice in the third movie, but it's not a completly selfish move on their part.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
Didn't the original Toy Story 4 plot involved Woody randomly remembering Bo and the toys and him decide to go find her. But it was changed because Rashdia Jones left.

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
"However, Forky had a habit of jumping into the trash. Woody would have to keep a close eye on him..."

Forky on suicide watch.

EDIT: So wait a second....

Woody just abandons his friends to be with Bo Peep at the end? You fucking for real?

Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"However, Forky had a habit of jumping into the trash. Woody would have to keep a close eye on him..."

Forky on suicide watch.

EDIT: So wait a second....

Woody just abandons his friends to be with Bo Peep at the end? You fucking for real?
That’s why I said it reads like the setup to a TV show.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino