Toy Story 4 trailer - or How I learned to stop worrying and love the cash grabs

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
That’s why I said it reads like the setup to a TV show.
But why the hell would they shit on the theme of the entire franchise for a TV show when it's not unreasonable for Bo to join them or even stay behind? Why is it Woody, the voice of reason and the glue who keeps everyone together, who chooses to abandon everyone for his old flame?

Anons kept comparing this to WiR2, and they're not completely wrong. Just... what's the message here that they want to tell kids?

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But why the hell would they shit on the theme of the entire franchise for a TV show when it's not unreasonable for Bo to join them or even stay behind? Why is it Woody, the voice of reason and the glue who keeps everyone together, who chooses to abandon everyone for his old flame?

Anons kept comparing this to WiR2, and they're not completely wrong. Just... what's the message here that they want to tell kids?
A tv show of Woody and Bo helping toys. Now on Disney’s new streaming service!

LMR365

Nicolas Cage holding a birthday cake.
kiwifarms.net
You know I'm not that troubled given Woody always play like that guy who wants to be with juvenile youngsters and play with them. But even a nigga like him knows that when Bonnie grows the fuck up and sells her toys? It's going to another kid all over again. In this case? I am not shocked Pixar did the Woody stays with his true love in the end crap. But it's something I would never see them do on their FIRST MOVIE IP! It's a suicidal risk. But somehow it works. The ending of the movie somehow gave Woody a purpose. To help Toys who are lost and give them to families. I wonder if he did that because just like Andy? He wants to move on and do greater things. Some people pull out theories that Andy would one day become a famous inventor who would create things that would later on become famous in movies like Wall-e. (There's no proof that Andy did this because he secretly found out or knew that the Toys from Toy Story are living creatures. But at the ending of Toy Story 3, it implies he knew the minute he questions it himself. So if there's any spinoffs or future movies that mention Andy as a hero of tech? Maybe that could be one of them.) So Woody sadly thanks to #MeToo Pixar gave him a new lease on life and just told Buzz and Bonnie to fuck off and be with his girlfriend. Now I don't comprehend if there's anything in the Toy Story universe that implies Toys can have reproduction and have offspring of their own? But I wouldn't be shocked if more retcons reveal that Toys can yes Copulate sex just not when there are kids around. Also, if they announce a Toys Story animated series but was made for Disney+ I and many others will be sadly disillusioned in that. Gotta love that Disney capitalists dejectedly.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
You know I'm not that troubled given Woody always play like that guy who wants to be with juvenile youngsters and play with them. But even a nigga like him knows that when Bonnie grows the fuck up and sells her toys? It's going to another kid all over again. In this case? I am not shocked Pixar did the Woody stays with his true love in the end crap. But it's something I would never see them do on their FIRST MOVIE IP! It's a suicidal risk. But somehow it works. The ending of the movie somehow gave Woody a purpose. To help Toys who are lost and give them to families. I wonder if he did that because just like Andy? He wants to move on and do greater things. Some people pull out theories that Andy would one day become a famous inventor who would create things that would later on become famous in movies like Wall-e. (There's no proof that Andy did this because he secretly found out or knew that the Toys from Toy Story are living creatures. But at the ending of Toy Story 3, it implies he knew the minute he questions it himself. So if there's any spinoffs or future movies that mention Andy as a hero of tech? Maybe that could be one of them.) So Woody sadly thanks to #MeToo Pixar gave him a new lease on life and just told Buzz and Bonnie to fuck off and be with his girlfriend. Now I don't comprehend if there's anything in the Toy Story universe that implies Toys can have reproduction and have offspring of their own? But I wouldn't be shocked if more retcons reveal that Toys can yes Copulate sex just not when there are kids around. Also, if they announce a Toys Story animated series but was made for Disney+ I and many others will be sadly disillusioned in that. Gotta love that Disney capitalists dejectedly.
What in the goddamn hell are you even talking about, dude?

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net

What's even dumber is that Woody already went through a similar arc in Toy Story 2, when he was faced with the decision between going to a museum in Japan or going back to Andy. For a while he even believes that the museum is the better option. One of the most powerful moments in the movie was when Woody scraped the polish off the bottom of his boot to reveal Andy's name and it's then that he realizes what the right choice is.

Not only does this render Woody's arc from the second movie completely void, it's also dumb that he stays behind for what? Bo Peep? Yeah, he was broken up by her going away in the 3rd movie, but for fuck's sake that's so out of character for someone like Woody, who convinced Buzz that he was Andy's toy and Jessie to come home with him. It would have made more sense for him to convince her to come along with Bonnie.

Jesus Christ, I didn't expect this kind of shit.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino