• "kiwifarms is like if you mixed tumblr, 4chan, and reddit together, using only their worst parts."

Trader Joes

Discussion in 'Food' started by melty, Mar 3, 2017.

1. For the longest time I thought it was some place in Canada. But I think I had it mixed up with another chain. So is it like a cafe where you can buy hipster groceries?

I have never seen a Trader Joe's. Guess they don't like my area or we're all too boring to shop there. We did get a Starbucks at the mall. And despite that stuff being sewer swill it killed the local coffee shop that I really liked.

Dysnomia

Dysnomia I've been down too long in the midnight sea

kiwifarms.net
  2. It's not really a cafe, but it's usually crawling with hipsters, whatever-the-fuck yuppies turn into when they get old and never marry, university students, and anyone else who doesn't really have a family to feed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Some JERK

Some JERK Takin' all the pretty girls.

kiwifarms.net
  3. And the occasional family.

• Agree Agree x 1
    alex_theman

alex_theman Conflict Resolution Officer

kiwifarms.net
  4. It's a small-ish grocery store that relies on in-house brands, catering towards the Whole Foods crowd. Like Aldi except they look homeless by choice rather than being homeless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton

kiwifarms.net
  5. Except they charge normal grocery store prices and not massive ass rape prices like Whole Foods.

• Agree Agree x 5
    AnOminous

AnOminous ἐπιχαιρεκακία
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  6. Yeah I should have been more clear about that, they generally have good to okay prices.

• Agree Agree x 1
    XYZpdq

kiwifarms.net
  7. Has anyone tried their Mochi Rice Nuggets yet? Those are goddamn addicting. They're almost like Fritos in taste but in puffy crunchy nugget form.
    I go to both TJ's and the Food-4-Less next door so it's a very odd contrast between "organic yuppie food" and "Mexican Costco". Sometimes you need organic chicken dumplings and 100% juice, sometimes you need an industrial sized can of refried beans and a 24 pack of Jarritos.

MerriedxReldnahc

MerriedxReldnahc The Chode Warrior

kiwifarms.net
  8. If you're a Eurofag, Trader Joe's is owned by the Aldi Corporation. Actually, a lot of products sold at Trader Joe's are the same as sold at Aldi's which is where poor people shop.

Their beer is pretty good. That is all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Flowers For Sonichu

Flowers For Sonichu Hippopotamus weight on your head FOREVER

kiwifarms.net
  9. I like to go see cameltoes in yoga pants there. Also blueberry goat cheese

Morose_Obesity

Morose_Obesity Softcore racist

kiwifarms.net
  10. There are a lot of them in the U.S., too.

AnOminous

AnOminous ἐπιχαιρεκακία

kiwifarms.net
  11. Over at Aldi they have these things that are like cheese puffs but smores flavored instead of cheese. It's not quite good but you can eat a fuckton of them without many calories so it's good for the munchies.

• Informative Informative x 1
    XYZpdq

kiwifarms.net
  12. I'll have to look for one sometime. Just to see what they have.

Dysnomia

Dysnomia I've been down too long in the midnight sea

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.