Culture Tranny News Megathread - Hot tranny newds

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

Death penalty for these two?

• Total voters

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It would be pretty interesting to approach treatment of gender dysphoria as a sort of sensory-processing disorder. How long until the funding gets pulled from this lab?
It's probably a SPD for people like Chris, but for fags like Blair White, it seems purely psychological. I'm still partial to Jung and Freud's beliefs about contrasexual archetypes.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Wow. On top of the Literally Who troon "pop star" this guy is very bad at hiding his bald head.
View attachment 1034997

Got the jawline of an angel, sir. You could build a shed with that brick. The wig is disgustingly obvious too, on top of being gaudy it's parted way too high on his forehead. The quality of this image makes it look more like a weirdly hairy latex or soup-like substance than real hair.
He actually looks like this:
1562949902410.jpg

Fat enuch with a pig face

titty skeleton

bones are transphobic :/
kiwifarms.net
He actually looks like this:
View attachment 1035017

Fat enuch with a pig face
Oh my sweet lord. What the fuck is that?

Thanks for reminding me that with troons, it always gets worse.

Also, what's with the most vocal of troons being balding to the point of having an oval for a face with hair somewhere behind it? Is this really the middle-aged mens' rights movement? They all fucking look like this, it's unbelievably funny. Not sure if it's the lighting in the photo or if the top of that microphone is covered in lipstick markings. I'm not about to look up how this weird porker sings, I'm quite content leaving that out of my hearing and my imagination.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
It blew my mind when the wheelchair troon (who honestly looks like a rejected design of a Sonic the Hedgehog robot boss) said that their precious Seattle suburb wasn't woke or progressive enough. Bitch go move in with the enlightened tolerant Africans or Muslims who have been freed of the shackles of European colonialism then, see how many ramps they build for you.

How do these people still pretend that European/white western societies are not the only societies on earth that are willing to give them anything?
If these people had any connection to observable reality, they would be something substantially different from what they are.

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
You would think that left-wingers with any knowledge of world history would be vary wary of anything that removes parental control and rights. It was only a few decades ago that the right wing Junta in Argentina removed kids from problematic left leaning parents and put them up for adoption to right-thinking parents. As is usual with a lot of these clowns they actually have not one idea of history and how things can backfire causing them misery, about the sum of their history is Hitler bad Stalin no angel but OK, idiots the lot of them.
Ironically this sort of play book was suggested by a right wing economist; Milton Friedman to bring in unpalatable reforms at times when people were in a state of shock, I have said that this is a play by some perhaps not all to get rid of the age of consent, if you put into law that a 12 year old can decide to take puberty blockers or have their genitals remodelled then the trivial thing of arguing that they are mature enough to have sex becomes a lot lot easier, it is a paedophiles dream and personally I have felt that they are behind this.
Parental rights used to be a bipartisan issue.

Conservatives support it because they want to raise their kids according to their values, and they know that, if libs had their way, cons would lose their kids for not being woke enough. Liberals used to support it because there's a long history of poor parents and minority parents losing their children for bullshit reasons. This was done essentially as a social engineering project: "fix" the poors and minorities by raising their kids "properly" in white adoptive homes or in orphanages.

Libs abandoning basic liberal values such as free speech and parental rights is the main reason why I'm fed up with their bullshit. That they're mostly doing it for trannies of all fucking things is enraging. Way to undermine basic liberal values on behalf of a bunch of ugly old men in drag.

Summary: When troons say something makes them feel unsafe they mean that they feel insecure and things should change to make them feel safe confident or else they will feel anxiety dysphoria. Anxiety of being a man dressed as a woman and asking people to acknowledge them as a woman while moving through women spaces. It would be pretty gender un-conforming to be called out in the locker room, lots of unsafeness.
All trannies, when they go out in public, are lying to the world, so it makes sense that the most delusional of them are walking heaps of anxiety. About the only ones who aren't accept, on some level, that they'll never actually be the opposite sex, and they have something of a sense of humor about being trans. At this point, I'd wager that they make up a tiny percentage of their community, like less than 10 percent.

Ogg66

kiwifarms.net
Parental rights used to be a bipartisan issue.

Conservatives support it because they want to raise their kids according to their values, and they know that, if libs had their way, cons would lose their kids for not being woke enough. Liberals used to support it because there's a long history of poor parents and minority parents losing their children for bullshit reasons. This was done essentially as a social engineering project: "fix" the poors and minorities by raising their kids "properly" in white adoptive homes or in orphanages.

Libs abandoning basic liberal values such as free speech and parental rights is the main reason why I'm fed up with their bullshit. That they're mostly doing it for trannies of all fucking things is enraging. Way to undermine basic liberal values on behalf of a bunch of ugly old men in drag.

All trannies, when they go out in public, are lying to the world, so it makes sense that the most delusional of them are walking heaps of anxiety. About the only ones who aren't accept, on some level, that they'll never actually be the opposite sex, and they have something of a sense of humor about being trans. At this point, I'd wager that they make up a tiny percentage of their community, like less than 10 percent.
Except in the UK it was the so called Conservatives that were pushing this rubbish through with support of all parties apart from the Communists and UKIP/Brexit. So GC feminists the faith communities and rational people on this have effectively no place to go, the parties that object have as much chance of getting into the UK parliament by popular vote as a dead rat on the NY Subway. I do think that since most of the Gay rights issues have been politically resolved to a large extent a lot of organizations like Stonewall need something to exist for, to keep those sweet sweet donations coming in, so they latched on the next thing.

Thank Fuck For Evil Otto

He lived the life of a black man, authentically.
kiwifarms.net
Kim Petras vs. Westboro Baptist Church. Along with a shot of Kim's ass. :unholy:

1575412743758.png

Wow. On top of the Literally Who troon "pop star" this guy is very bad at hiding his bald head.
View attachment 1034997

Got the jawline of an angel, sir. You could build a shed with that brick. The wig is disgustingly obvious too, on top of being gaudy it's parted way too high on his forehead. The quality of this image makes it look more like a weirdly hairy latex or soup-like substance than real hair.
1575412886942.png
The remnants of eye surgery look eww.

1575412951401.png
The Pate Recession will not be televised!

Kim Petras is one creepy dude.

---

Trans-Woman-Murders-Mom-Brother.jpg
Man Who Murdered His Mother & Brother for Not Accepting His Transgender Identity: “It Was Me or Them”: Marilyn (né Marcelo) Bernasconi

2013 wedding of Marilyn Bernasconi
2013 wedding of Marilyn Bernasconi (r.) to Guillermo Casero. Bernasconi admits that murdering his family has brought him peace and freedom. Casero, a serial rapist known as the “red skirt satyr,” forced most of his ten female victims to wear a red skirt as he raped them at weapon-point. (Courtesy: Todos Notificias)

Florencio Varela, Buenos Aires, AR – A man who married the serial rapist of 10 women while incarcerated for the murders of his own mother and brother insisted earlier this year that he was driven to the heinous crime by a family that “did not accept my condition.” Marilyn, a 2018 documentary on the life of the killer, has been screened internationally at the Berlin and Seattle film festivals, and is available on Amazon Prime Video and DVD.

In 2009, when Marilyn Bernasconi was 18-years-old, “I killed my mother and my brother … with a carbine, the weapon that was in the country house where we lived, near Magdalena, passing La Plata. They did not accept my status as a trans girl,” he told GENTE, a column by Infobae. He says his family had been hassling him about his gender identity for over a year, and men of the town would seek him for sex at night and taunt him by day. Feeling bound to home and town by internal chains, he didn’t move away.

After a night of their shouting, he decided, “Either I kill myself or I kill them.” He shot his mother and brother in the back of the neck. He called the police and told them that he had killed “thieves.” By the time he was brought to the police station, “I began to feel at peace. I didn’t have [my mother’s and brother’s] voices behind me telling me everything.” He felt a mixture of “sadness, joy for the act” when he eventually saw photos of their graves.

Still, he says the life sentence with possibility of parole that he was handed after his confession is “unfair.” He claims the act was driven by “violent emotion” and immaturity. On appeal, he argued through a lawyer that the emotion of the moment is good cause for a judge to reduce the sentence.

The double-murderer serves his sentence in one of two “gender diverse” pavilions at the 32nd Penitentiary Unit. One pavilion is dedicated to transgender inmates, and the population is almost exclusively of men who identify as trans women. The pavilion in which Mr Bernasconi is incarcerated houses 51 inmates who identify as trans women, trans men, or transvestites, or are homosexual or bisexual.

He indicates that his male self died and his new self rose from the ashes of his family: “That day they both died, but Marcelo also died.” Mr Bernasconi’s new friends taught him how to apply makeup, walk, dress and make gestures to appear feminine. He takes hormones, which he must fund himself.

“There is nothing masculine about her,” particularly the way the 28-year-old moves with the grace of a “gazelle,” insisted major Argentine news outlet Todo Noticias in a piece that dripped with sympathy for the murderer.

Wedding cake of Marilyn Bernasconi and Guillermo Casero
Wedding cake of Marilyn Bernasconi and Guillermo Casero (Courtesy: Infojus Noticias)

In 2013, Mr Bernasconi married fellow inmate Guillermo Casero, a convicted serial rapist. Mr Casero is known in the Florencio Varela area as the “red skirt satyr.” He had forced many of his ten female victims to wear a red miniskirt while he raped them at weapon-point. Mr Bernasconi said he was initially unaware of the nature of the crimes that landed Mr Casero in prison, but that once he discovered it, it did not end his love: “First I didn’t know. … Nor do I judge people by their past.”

The ceremony was celebrated as the first gay marriage in an Argentine prison, and was made possible by the Equal Marriage law of 2010. The couple divorced in five months. The double-murderer and his serial rapist ex have each moved on with new partners, but remain friends.

Despite an HIV diagnosis in 2015 and regret at the possibility that he may be imprisoned for life, Mr Bernasconi admits he’s happy and “feels free” for the first time. At the pavilion, he has celebrity status and seniority. Due to years of advocacy, trans inmates enjoy looser restrictions than when he first arrived, with their preferred names on medical records, staff using preferred names and pronouns to address them, and being permitted to wear makeup, clothes that are more form-fitting and hair tied more loosely.

Marilyn Bernasconi claims that if he had grown up in a world as free for transgender people as today’s Argentina, then he would not have found it necessary to slaughter his mother and brother.

Last edited:

Norman B. Normal

I probably shouldn't be here.
kiwifarms.net
An article on trans lobbyist tactics:
The document that reveals the remarkable tactics of trans lobbyists

A great deal of the transgender debate is unexplained. One of the most mystifying aspects is the speed and success of a small number of small organisations in achieving major influence over public bodies, politicians and officials. How has a certain idea taken hold in so many places so swiftly?

People and organisations that at the start of this decade had no clear policy on or even knowledge of trans issues are now enthusiastically embracing non-binary gender identities and transition, offering gender-neutral toilets and other changes required to accommodate trans people and their interests. These changes have, among other things, surprised many people. They wonder how this happened, and why no one seems to have asked them what they think about it, or considered how those changes might affect them.

Some of the bodies that have embraced these changes with the greatest zeal are surprising: the police are not famous social liberals but many forces are now at the vanguard here, even to the point of checking our pronouns and harassing elderly ladies who say the wrong thing on Twitter.

How did we get here? I think we can discount the idea that this is a simple question of organisations following a changing society. Bluntly, society still doesn’t know very much about transgenderism. If you work in central London in certain sectors, live in a university town (or at a university) or have children attending a (probably middle-class) school, you might have some direct acquaintance. But my bet is that most people don’t know any trans people and don’t have developed views about how the law should evolve with regards to their status.

So the question again: how did organisations with small budgets and limited resources achieve such stunning success, not just in the UK but elsewhere?

Well, thanks to the legal website Roll On Friday, I have now seen a document that helps answer that question.

The document is the work of Dentons, which says it is the world’s biggest law firm; the Thomson Reuters Foundation, an arm of the old media giant that appears dedicated to identity politics of various sorts; and the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Youth & Student Organisation (IGLYO). Both Dentons and the Thomson Reuters Foundation note that the document does not necessarily reflect their views.

The report is called ‘Only adults? Good practices in legal gender recognition for youth’. Its purpose is to help trans groups in several countries bring about changes in the law to allow children to legally change their gender, without adult approval and without needing the approval of any authorities. ‘We hope this report will be a powerful tool for activists and NGOs working to advance the rights of trans youth across Europe and beyond,’ says the foreword.

As you’d expect of a report co-written by the staff of a major law firm, it’s a comprehensive and solid document, summarising law, policy and ‘advocacy’ across several countries. Based on the contributions of trans groups from around the world (including two in the UK, one of which is not named), it collects and shares ‘best practice’ in ‘lobbying’ to change the law so that parents no longer have a say on their child’s legal gender.

In the words of the report:

You might think that the very purpose of parenting is, in part, to ‘restrict’ the choices of children who cannot, by definition, make fully-informed adult choices on their own. But that is not the stance of the report.

Indeed, it suggests that ‘states should take action against parents who are obstructing the free development of a young trans person’s identity in refusing to give parental authorisation when required.’

In short, this is a handbook for lobbying groups that want to remove parental consent over significant aspects of children’s lives. A handbook written by an international law firm and backed by one of the world’s biggest charitable foundations.

And how do the authors suggest that legal change be accomplished?

I think the advice is worth quoting at length, because this is the first time I’ve actually seen this put down in writing in a public forum. And because I think anyone with any interest in how policy is made and how politics works should pay attention.

Here’s a broad observation from the report about the best way to enact a pro-trans agenda:

Among those techniques: ‘Get ahead of the Government agenda.’

What does that mean? Here it is in more detail:

That will sound familiar to anyone who knows how a Commons select committee report in 2016, which adopted several positions from trans groups, was followed in 2017 by a UK government plan to adopt self-identification of legal gender. To a lot of people, that proposal, which emerged from Whitehall looking quite well-developed, came out of the blue.

Anyway, here’s another tip from the document: ‘Tie your campaign to more popular reform.’

For example:

‘In Ireland, Denmark and Norway, changes to the law on legal gender recognition were put through at the same time as other more popular reforms such as marriage equality legislation. This provided a veil of protection, particularly in Ireland, where marriage equality was strongly supported, but gender identity remained a more difficult issue to win public support for.’

I’ve added my bold there, because I think those are very telling phrases indeed. This is an issue that is ‘difficult to win public support for’ and best hidden behind the ‘veil of protection’ provided by a popular issue such as gay rights. Again, anyone who has even glanced at the UK transgender debate will recognise this description.

Another recommendation is even more revealing: ‘Avoid excessive press coverage and exposure.’

According to the report, the countries that have moved most quickly to advance trans rights and remove parental consent have been those where the groups lobbying for those changes have succeeded in stopping the wider public learning about their proposals. Conversely, in places like Britain, the more ‘exposure’ this agenda has had, the less successful the lobbying has been:

‘Another technique which has been used to great effect is the limitation of press coverage and exposure. In certain countries, like the UK, information on legal gender recognition reforms has been misinterpreted in the mainstream media, and opposition has arisen as a result. ….Against this background, many believe that public campaigning has been detrimental to progress, as much of the general public is not well informed about trans issues, and therefore misinterpretation can arise.

In Ireland, activists have directly lobbied individual politicians and tried to keep press coverage to a minimum in order to avoid this issue.’
(Emphasis added).

Although it offers extensive advice about the need to keep the trans-rights agenda out of the public’s gaze, the report has rather less to say about the possibility that advocates might just try doing what everyone else in politics does and make a persuasive argument for their cause. Actually convincing people that this stuff is a good idea doesn’t feature much in the report, which runs to 65 pages.

I’m not going to tell you what I think of the report, or the agenda it sets out. I’m not going to pass comment on it or its authors. I’m just going to try to summarise its nature and contents.

A major international law firm has helped write a lobbying manual for people who want to change the law to prevent parents having the final say about significant changes in the status of their own children. That manual advises those lobbying for that change to hide their plans behind a ‘veil’ and to make sure that neither the media nor the wider public know much about the changes affecting children that they are seeking to make. Because if the public find out about those changes, they might well object to them.

I started my first job as a researcher in the Commons in 1994. I’ve been studying and writing about politics and policy ever since. And in my experience of how changes in the law are brought about, the approach described in that report is simply not normal or usual. In a democracy, we are all free to argue for whatever policy or position we wish. But normally, anyone who wants to change the law accepts that to do so they need to win the support or, at least, the consent of the people whose authority ultimately gives the law its force. The approach outlined, in detail, in the Dentons report amounts to a very different way of lobbying to get the laws and policies you want. Even more notably, it suggests that in several countries people have been quite successful in lobbying behind a ‘veil’ and in a way that deliberately avoids the attention of the public. That, I think, should interest anyone who cares about how politics and policy are conducted, whether or not they care about the transgender issue.

I’m going to conclude with an observation I’ve made here before, but which I think bears repeating in the context of that report and the things it might tell people about other aspects of the trans issue: no policy made in the shadows can survive in sunlight.
If Fox News wants to make itself useful, maybe it could spend some time shining a light on this. It would leave less time for amplifying cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs conspiracy theories on behalf of Vladimir Putin, but we all have to make sacrifices sometimes.

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1035220

View attachment 1035228
The remnants of eye surgery look eww.

View attachment 1035233
The Pate Recession will not be televised!

Kim Petras is one creepy dude.

---

View attachment 1035327
“There is nothing masculine about her,” particularly the way the 28-year-old moves with the grace of a “gazelle,” insisted major Argentine news outlet Todo Noticias in a piece that dripped with sympathy for the murderer."
Except for having a dick, visible stubble, male face/skull, oh, and the fact that he killed his brother and mother....that's metal as fuck.

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
Except in the UK it was the so called Conservatives that were pushing this rubbish through with support of all parties apart from the Communists and UKIP/Brexit. So GC feminists the faith communities and rational people on this have effectively no place to go, the parties that object have as much chance of getting into the UK parliament by popular vote as a dead rat on the NY Subway. I do think that since most of the Gay rights issues have been politically resolved to a large extent a lot of organizations like Stonewall need something to exist for, to keep those sweet sweet donations coming in, so they latched on the next thing.
The UK seems to have really weak parental rights, so it seems like conservatives there have already given up on that issue. And maybe they're right to. I've heard of a lot of questionable cases of termination of parental rights in the UK, but the victims are almost always chavs. I'm sure posh Tories (think they) have little to worry about. Although they better hope their kids don't troon out.

Positron

No more Jingle Bells, hon!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Bad news for troons - no ladybrains.
View attachment 1033976

:story:
It has been known for a while that troons don't have cross-sex brains, but rather diseased brains that don't resemble normal brains of either sex. Still, this paper doesn't settle whether troonism is inborn or learned (to quote the paper, "...each aspect of gender dysphoria is explained by the functional significance of known neuroanatomical differences...the aspects of chronic distress, gender atypical behavior, and incongruence between perception of gender identity and body sex are all directly related to the functional implications of the underlying differences in neurobiology" -- emphasis mine) Still, if trooning out is indeed the result of a badly programmed neural network, there might be a way to reprogrammed that, and a way to prevent such aberrant programming in the first place (i.e. no more trans kids) -- but these are implications that will upset a lot of people, including the talking heads in this Newsweek article.

This piece of news didn't go uncontested.

4.png

5.png

42.png

So troons in Dec 2019 don't relish the thought that gender dysphoria has a biological underpinning? How quickly do the winds change!

I find it incomprehensible that an average troon would take issue with this paper, especially as the author justifies therapy with cross-sex hormones ("...two recent publications ... found that hormones reverse the anatomical changes in the body-ownership network and increase own-body self-congruent rates (Burke et al., 2017a; Kilpatrick et al., 2019).), and isn't estrogen exactly like kind of "magic pill" that "Joss Prior" alludes to, the pills that troons believe will change them from male to female?

On the other hand, the author believes that the rationale of sex-change surgeries is on shaky grounds ("The use of gender reassignment as a therapy is sometimes motivated on the assumption that the distress is due to the individuals having a brain sex different than their gender assigned at birth and that the desire to change genders is based on a correct sense of true gender (Gooren, 2006). Current data question that assumption"). This is expected to rile troons up, but "Joss Prior" didn't tackle this point.

You would think that left-wingers with any knowledge of world history would be vary wary of anything that removes parental control and rights. It was only a few decades ago that the right wing Junta in Argentina removed kids from problematic left leaning parents and put them up for adoption to right-thinking parents. As is usual with a lot of these clowns they actually have not one idea of history and how things can backfire causing them misery, about the sum of their history is Hitler bad Stalin no angel but OK, idiots the lot of them.
You want your kids to be raised by the Right Side of History don't you? Everybody does!

Last edited:

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Ironically this sort of play book was suggested by a right wing economist; Milton Friedman to bring in unpalatable reforms at times when people were in a state of shock, I have said that this is a play by some perhaps not all to get rid of the age of consent, if you put into law that a 12 year old can decide to take puberty blockers or have their genitals remodelled then the trivial thing of arguing that they are mature enough to have sex becomes a lot lot easier, it is a paedophiles dream and personally I have felt that they are behind this.
They're talking about stealing entire culture's children. What happens to their plan when, say, a disproportionately large number of uncooperative parents are black? As will be true because white communities are still far and away much more friendly to LGBT identities than any other race? You'll have lefty socialists stealing black children from their parents to essentially "raise them white". How is that any different from the reeducation schools native American children were forced into to eliminate their cultures? Or the stolen generation in Australia?

Ndnd

Would you like some human with your salt?
kiwifarms.net
This blog post from The Spectator is an interesting and horrifying look at how the trans lobbyists operate when it comes to influencing policy, and how they’ve managed to gain so much power in a relatively short amount of time.

Archive

The document that reveals the remarkable tactics of trans lobbyists

James Kirkup

2 December 2019 2:14 PM

A great deal of the transgender debate is unexplained. One of the most mystifying aspects is the speed and success of a small number of small organisations in achieving major influence over public bodies, politicians and officials. How has a certain idea taken hold in so many places so swiftly?

People and organisations that at the start of this decade had no clear policy on or even knowledge of trans issues are now enthusiastically embracing non-binary gender identities and transition, offering gender-neutral toilets and other changes required to accommodate trans people and their interests. These changes have, among other things, surprised many people. They wonder how this happened, and why no one seems to have asked them what they think about it, or considered how those changes might affect them.

Some of the bodies that have embraced these changes with the greatest zeal are surprising: the police are not famous social liberals but many forces are now at the vanguard here, even to the point of checking our pronouns and harassing elderly ladies who say the wrong thing on Twitter.

How did we get here? I think we can discount the idea that this is a simple question of organisations following a changing society. Bluntly, society still doesn’t know very much about transgenderism. If you work in central London in certain sectors, live in a university town (or at a university) or have children attending a (probably middle-class) school, you might have some direct acquaintance. But my bet is that most people don’t know any trans people and don’t have developed views about how the law should evolve with regards to their status.

So the question again: how did organisations with small budgets and limited resources achieve such stunning success, not just in the UK but elsewhere?

Well, thanks to the legal website Roll On Friday, I have now seen a document that helps answer that question.

The document is the work of Dentons, which says it is the world’s biggest law firm; the Thomson Reuters Foundation, an arm of the old media giant that appears dedicated to identity politics of various sorts; and the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Youth & Student Organisation (IGLYO). Both Dentons and the Thomson Reuters Foundation note that the document does not necessarily reflect their views.

The report is called ‘Only adults? Good practices in legal gender recognition for youth’. Its purpose is to help trans groups in several countries bring about changes in the law to allow children to legally change their gender, without adult approval and without needing the approval of any authorities. ‘We hope this report will be a powerful tool for activists and NGOs working to advance the rights of trans youth across Europe and beyond,’ says the foreword.

As you’d expect of a report co-written by the staff of a major law firm, it’s a comprehensive and solid document, summarising law, policy and ‘advocacy’ across several countries. Based on the contributions of trans groups from around the world (including two in the UK, one of which is not named), it collects and shares ‘best practice’ in ‘lobbying’ to change the law so that parents no longer have a say on their child’s legal gender.

In the words of the report:

‘It is recognised that the requirement for parental consent or the consent of a legal guardian can be restrictive and problematic for minors.’
You might think that the very purpose of parenting is, in part, to ‘restrict’ the choices of children who cannot, by definition, make fully-informed adult choices on their own. But that is not the stance of the report.

Indeed, it suggests that ‘states should take action against parents who are obstructing the free development of a young trans person’s identity in refusing to give parental authorisation when required.’

In short, this is a handbook for lobbying groups that want to remove parental consent over significant aspects of children’s lives. A handbook written by an international law firm and backed by one of the world’s biggest charitable foundations.

And how do the authors suggest that legal change be accomplished?

I think the advice is worth quoting at length, because this is the first time I’ve actually seen this put down in writing in a public forum. And because I think anyone with any interest in how policy is made and how politics works should pay attention.

Here’s a broad observation from the report about the best way to enact a pro-trans agenda:

‘While cultural and political factors play a key role in the approach to be taken, there are certain techniques that emerge as being effective in progressing trans rights in the “good practice” countries.’
Among those techniques: ‘Get ahead of the Government agenda.’

What does that mean? Here it is in more detail:

‘In many of the NGO advocacy campaigns that we studied, there were clear benefits where NGOs managed to get ahead of the government and publish progressive legislative proposal before the government had time to develop their own. NGOs need to intervene early in the legislative process and ideally before it has even started. This will give them far greater ability to shape the government agenda and the ultimate proposal than if they intervene after the government has already started to develop its own proposals.’
That will sound familiar to anyone who knows how a Commons select committee report in 2016, which adopted several positions from trans groups, was followed in 2017 by a UK government plan to adopt self-identification of legal gender. To a lot of people, that proposal, which emerged from Whitehall looking quite well-developed, came out of the blue.

Anyway, here’s another tip from the document: ‘Tie your campaign to more popular reform.’

For example:

‘In Ireland, Denmark and Norway, changes to the law on legal gender recognition were put through at the same time as other more popular reforms such as marriage equality legislation. This provided a veil of protection, particularly in Ireland, where marriage equality was strongly supported, but gender identity remained a more difficult issue to win public support for.’

I’ve added my bold there, because I think those are very telling phrases indeed. This is an issue that is ‘difficult to win public support for’ and best hidden behind the ‘veil of protection’ provided by a popular issue such as gay rights. Again, anyone who has even glanced at the UK transgender debate will recognise this description.

Another recommendation is even more revealing: ‘Avoid excessive press coverage and exposure.’

According to the report, the countries that have moved most quickly to advance trans rights and remove parental consent have been those where the groups lobbying for those changes have succeeded in stopping the wider public learning about their proposals. Conversely, in places like Britain, the more ‘exposure’ this agenda has had, the less successful the lobbying has been:

‘Another technique which has been used to great effect is the limitation of press coverage and exposure. In certain countries, like the UK, information on legal gender recognition reforms has been misinterpreted in the mainstream media, and opposition has arisen as a result. ….Against this background, many believe that public campaigning has been detrimental to progress, as much of the general public is not well informed about trans issues, and therefore misinterpretation can arise.

In Ireland, activists have directly lobbied individual politicians and tried to keep press coverage to a minimum in order to avoid this issue.’ (Emphasis added).

Although it offers extensive advice about the need to keep the trans-rights agenda out of the public’s gaze, the report has rather less to say about the possibility that advocates might just try doing what everyone else in politics does and make a persuasive argument for their cause. Actually convincing people that this stuff is a good idea doesn’t feature much in the report, which runs to 65 pages.

I’m not going to tell you what I think of the report, or the agenda it sets out. I’m not going to pass comment on it or its authors. I’m just going to try to summarise its nature and contents.

A major international law firm has helped write a lobbying manual for people who want to change the law to prevent parents having the final say about significant changes in the status of their own children. That manual advises those lobbying for that change to hide their plans behind a ‘veil’ and to make sure that neither the media nor the wider public know much about the changes affecting children that they are seeking to make. Because if the public find out about those changes, they might well object to them.

I started my first job as a researcher in the Commons in 1994. I’ve been studying and writing about politics and policy ever since. And in my experience of how changes in the law are brought about, the approach described in that report is simply not normal or usual. In a democracy, we are all free to argue for whatever policy or position we wish. But normally, anyone who wants to change the law accepts that to do so they need to win the support or, at least, the consent of the people whose authority ultimately gives the law its force. The approach outlined, in detail, in the Dentons report amounts to a very different way of lobbying to get the laws and policies you want. Even more notably, it suggests that in several countries people have been quite successful in lobbying behind a ‘veil’ and in a way that deliberately avoids the attention of the public. That, I think, should interest anyone who cares about how politics and policy are conducted, whether or not they care about the transgender issue.

I’m going to conclude with an observation I’ve made here before, but which I think bears repeating in the context of that report and the things it might tell people about other aspects of the trans issue: no policy made in the shadows can survive in sunlight.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino