Trapped in a hoax: survivors of conspiracy theories speak out -

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
I was curious who else was a "victim of conspiracies" in the article; so right after Wu is this guy:
upload_2019-1-24_13-16-40.png

Maybe don't post pictures of toddlers bound with duct tape to your restaurant's tables if you don't want to look like a creep online? No evidence of actual human trafficking found but goddamn is it strange that a pizzeria owner is considered one of D.C.'s "50 most powerful people" and is chummy with the Podestas.

M

MG 620

kiwifarms.net
It just doesn't stop. It will never stop.

In 30 years we'll still get the occasional article with Wu or Quinn talking about GG like they survived fucking 'Nam. :stress:
The only hoax is Wu.

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was curious who else was a "victim of conspiracies" in the article; so right after Wu is this guy:
View attachment 647738

Maybe don't post pictures of toddlers bound with duct tape to your restaurant's tables if you don't want to look like a creep online? No evidence of actual human trafficking found but goddamn is it strange that a pizzeria owner is considered one of D.C.'s "50 most powerful people" and is chummy with the Podestas.
Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 3.50.47 PM.png

So aside from that being the only pic like that from Alefanis's Instagram and aside from that not being duct tape - it's low-tack paper masking tape - and aside from it being obvious to anyone who's not an autist that it's a joke pic:

Alefanis was #49 on the GC 2012 list of 50 DC influencers because he:
  • comes from money,
  • is a major figure in the DC art scene,
  • travels in DC society circles, and
  • raises large sums for political candidates.
The Podestas travel in the same circles. Alefanis is also a foodie, as are the Podestas.

Alefanis became a "pizzeria owner" by buying two places from an established restaurateur and investing heavily in kitchen talent. Comet serves meals like clam and thyme pizza with watermelon salad infused with blood-orange oil. Nearly adjacent is Buck's, which serves lamb flown in from New Zealand and dry-aged slabs of prime sirloin grilled over oak and hickory.

But I got something for you. Something hot.

Alefanis went to Georgetown Prep like Brett Kavanaugh did. That school - this is 100% verifiable online - has basements. And kids are there. And pizza is eaten there. 100% true! That's why the Dems tried to destroy Kavanaugh! But they failed and, now that he's on SCOTUS, he can rise to his feet and proclaim the horrors he witnessed in the Vatican child sex dungeons of Georgetown Prep when he was a teenage boy of great character and Catholicism! Fap to this! Fap to this now!

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
You can Correct The Record™ and pile hyperbole on me all you want, but nothing is going to make taping a toddler to a table funny or tasteful. Again, I never claimed human trafficking went on at Comet Ping-Pong, but on the other hand you couldn't pay me any amount to bring my kids to that place to meet wealthy gay 'ArtHaus' creeps with an unsettling need to be around children. The point was(and is) that Wu and Alefantis both exaggerate their victimhood when their own weird public behavior was practically begging for the negative attention in the first place.

UselessRubberKeyboard

ZX Spectrum lives matter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fucking hell, is there anything left of the fossilised corpse that is gamergate to even flog any more? It's amazing anyone took the thing seriously in the first place, never mind people like Wu who claim it was their defining moment. It must be so difficult to overcome a bunch of pisstaking on the internet, what an absolute hero(ine) and lesson to us all he is.

I guess all that publicity for Wu must've been terrible for his newly-released game, though. Right?

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can Correct The Record™ and pile hyperbole on me all you want, but nothing is going to make taping a toddler to a table funny or tasteful. Again, I never claimed human trafficking went on at Comet Ping-Pong, but on the other hand you couldn't pay me any amount to bring my kids to that place to meet wealthy gay 'ArtHaus' creeps with an unsettling need to be around children. The point was(and is) that Wu and Alefantis both exaggerate their victimhood when their own weird public behavior was practically begging for the negative attention in the first place.
I think it was just a joke about unruly kids at restaurants...

KerryDixon9

kiwifarms.net
With all the shit happening in the world someone thought this was a necessary article to print.
The left wing press have just been BTFO by the autists in their attempts to bring down Orange Hitler. Rather than just accept the truth they kept digging and haven't stopped.

So now they throw out right wing conspiracy theory stuff to try and say that the right wing conspiracy theorists are creating fake news about the Covington MAGA Harassers to drown out their fair and honest reporting.

I've stayed the fuck away from PizzaGate and stuff like that because I don't need that shit in my life. But putting Brianna Wu forward as the victim of a conspiracy theory when everyone on this board knows it's bullshit, for me the Guardian have pretty much confirmed that PizzaGate is real, they know about it and they are covering for it because so many of their people are involved.

Fuck the Guardian. If civil war happens in the USA then they have blood on their hands.

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The left wing press have just been BTFO by the autists in their attempts to bring down Orange Hitler. Rather than just accept the truth they kept digging and haven't stopped.

So now they throw out right wing conspiracy theory stuff to try and say that the right wing conspiracy theorists are creating fake news about the Covington MAGA Harassers to drown out their fair and honest reporting.

I've stayed the fuck away from PizzaGate and stuff like that because I don't need that shit in my life. But putting Brianna Wu forward as the victim of a conspiracy theory when everyone on this board knows it's bullshit, for me the Guardian have pretty much confirmed that PizzaGate is real, they know about it and they are covering for it because so many of their people are involved.

Fuck the Guardian. If civil war happens in the USA then they have blood on their hands.
dude never put down to malice what you can put down to incompetency and laziness. the Guardian, like most newspapers, is hiring shit tier grads and producing shit tier content like this to get page clicks. Pizzagate is one of the dumbest fucking conspiracies (and that says a lot) that has ever emerged via the Internet.

also: it's highly likely that Wu has hired a full time publicist who's only job is to pitch Wu's story to every damn fish wrap online and off in hopes of generating stories. again, the lazy ass media loves this because they get spoon fed stories instead of actually have to do their own research. I have some experience with this at a startup I used to work at it's extremely expensive (often well over a 10K a year) but it works pretty damn well because most journos aren't that curious, especially the types that write articles in tech and such.

Agent Scud

Funiculì, Funiculà
kiwifarms.net
Fucking hell, is there anything left of the fossilised corpse that is gamergate to even flog any more? It's amazing anyone took the thing seriously in the first place, never mind people like Wu who claim it was their defining moment. It must be so difficult to overcome a bunch of pisstaking on the internet, what an absolute hero(ine) and lesson to us all he is.

I guess all that publicity for Wu must've been terrible for his newly-released game, though. Right?
A corpse? It's more like one of Wu's dogs. Locked up in a basement and only dragged out long enough to remind people it exists. Speaking of, has that dog come up lately? I've been out of the loop.

I heard "Pizzagate" maybe once after everything was said and done and never looked into it. Is this all it was about? Holy shit :story:

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The bedlam could not have come at a worse juncture for Wu, erupting just weeks after she had launched her first video game, Revolution 60.

I thought it took Wu so long to complete Revo 60 that it launched well after GG.

KerryDixon9

kiwifarms.net
dude never put down to malice what you can put down to incompetency and laziness. the Guardian, like most newspapers, is hiring shit tier grads and producing shit tier content like this to get page clicks.
There is blatant malice from The Guardian and the US MSM with regard to the Covington kids. The Guardian know full well that Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu were lying shit shows but they supported them fully. Gamer Gate didn't sell to the UK public and would have cost them far more money in journo time than it produced in ad revenue.

I was only joking with regard to accepting PizzaGate, but shit tier grads have to work far harder fitting with The Guardian's narrative than they would to just tell the truth. The Guardian supported anti-GamerGate because they are a bunch of SJW cunts, We've seen too many of their lies on here to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I know I am getting a bit paranoid about a civil war in the US and hopefully it doesn't happen, but if it does then the world is pretty much fucked. I would find BBC and the Guardian complicit if shit goes down in the US.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
The bedlam could not have come at a worse juncture for Wu, erupting just weeks after she had launched her first video game, Revolution 60.

I thought it took Wu so long to complete Revo 60 that it launched well after GG.
Strictly mobile version was out first, the kickstarted Steam version was 2 years late(the version Lowtax smeared in a Lets Play)

• Informative
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
i really think wu is too big for the house. that and the forced perspective of the photographer making wu stand super close to the window gives it some sort of uncanny valley situation
The reflection of the window just ends where they shoped her in... I would suggest it was made with paint...

Tags
None