• “DO NOT QUOTE THAT OUT OF CONTEXT“
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

Trolling Ethics Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Christian Weston Chandler' started by Hellblazer, Dec 11, 2014.

1. I didn't say Chris was those things, but this whole fresh cycle of new girlfriend to break-up is unnecessary suffering for Chris.
    Catherine tried to have a relationship with Chris based on mutual respect? This person actually wanted to have a relationship with Chris? The intention wasn't to destroy him from the beginning?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Autistic Autistic x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    #281 WilhelmIIofPrussia, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    WilhelmIIofPrussia

WilhelmIIofPrussia kiwifaggo.ts
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Chris was a demanding, selfish little prick to Catie. If Chris is depressed, it's his own fault for forcing the relationship to end. If Chris had never met Catie, he'd be whining about depression anyways because he'd be alone. In fact, Chris is depressed because of how shitty his life is, and he's blaming the way he feels on Catie, which is fucked up.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Mad on the Internet Mad on the Internet x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    garbageraider

garbageraider Give me asspats, I stole a retard's garbage
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  3. Chris doesn't care about closure. His memories of past trolls is extremely fuzzy and he'll change his position on what happened on a whim. Ambiguity can help him because he might feel better about getting dumped than getting tricked. However, that's just a possibility. I have no clue which he'd prefer. (And I do genuinely believe that the difference between telling him and not telling him is minimal. Seriously, Chris doesn't give a shit.)
    That's mostly what I focus on. Not that Chris deserves to get trolled, but the big issue to me is how practical it is to troll Chris. Back in 2013, debates about trolling ethics didn't matter to me, because me and my friends stopped trolling Chris. And I didn't believe anyone online but us was capable of trolling Chris. The ethics of trolling Chris was a moot point.

But I was wrong. Apparently there is still another person capable of trolling Chris online. And Chris himself also made some errors in 2014 that opened him up to more trolling.

I think that he'll learn from these mistakes and fix those errors. This year was an expensive, depressing lesson for Chris.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Marvin

Christorical Figure True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Starting a relationship with a lonely, depressed person which you know is a ruse on your part is fucked up.

I don't necessarily mind people who play around with fire, but I sure hate hearing them complain about how they got burned.

• Agree  x 14
    • Autistic  x 5
    • Winner  x 2
    • Feels  x 1
    • Dumb  x 1
    Le Bateleur

Le Bateleur Major Arcana

kiwifarms.net
  5. Yeah, it must suck to pretend to be lady in order to seduce a exceptional guy and the exceptional guy not properly appreciate you.
    That's a totally valid complaint for an adult to have and certainly not the weirdest shit ever.

• Winner  x 9
    • Dumb  x 3
    • Mad on the Internet  x 2
    • Agree  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    axcel

axcel vegan faggot

kiwifarms.net
  6. That depends upon the intent going into the relationship, and the conduct of the person conducting the ruse during the relationship.

When everything is dropped, look it over, and then draw your conclusion.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    garbageraider

garbageraider Give me asspats, I stole a retard's garbage
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  7. The thing is, what constitutes "closure" for Chris? Megan made it completely clear that she wasn't interested in him, and he kept at it. Years later, he was still hung up on her, having decided that she was some sort of troll ringleader. He's tried coming on to other trolls even after they've been revealed as such. He seems to flip between thinking certain relationships were real or not depending on what suits him at that time. Don't get me wrong, if I thought closure would benefit him, then I would absolutely agree, but I don't think it will - he's just too mentally odd.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Tragi-Chan

Tragi-Chan Godmaster Reverend
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. It's fair to wait until everything is public, I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 10
    Le Bateleur

Le Bateleur Major Arcana

kiwifarms.net
  9. That's not actually true. The original idea behind "Catherine" was neutral. She was meant as a vehicle by means to obtain information (content) about Chris and his current living situation.

Catherine wasn't all that much different than Renee except that, because he met her on OKCupid and they had a 97% match on those silly personality questions, Chris thought they were soul mates and destined to be together.

Catherine never tried to set herself up as a girlfriend. She met Chris on OKCupid, but she told him that she wanted to use that as a starting point and see where things went from there. Also, the open relationship was Chris's idea, not Catherine's.

Catherine never referred to Chris as her "boyfriend","sweetheart", or told him that she loved him. This part of the relationship is another figment of Chris's imagination. Catherine was very careful to not go there. She was trying to present herself to Chris as another gal pal, but he wasn't having any of it. He wanted a fully devoted and committed girlfriend or nothing at all.

One thing you might find interesting: Catherine had a chance to get her hands on one of the holiest of holy troll artifacts. Chris was so desperate to get her to commit to a relationship that he offered to give her the Amnyfest Ring; she, of course, refused (that would have been way over the line and she couldn't accept it in good conscience).

• Informative Informative x 40
    • Feels Feels x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Thetan

Thetan Highly Caffeinated
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  10. That changes some things I suppose. But I still have some reservations. It seems quite coincidental that Catherine was found by Christian given that Catherine was meant to obtain content. Was Catherine planted on OKCupid to answer those questions with 97% similarity so that Christian would notice and therefore contact her?

• Autistic  x 4
    • Like  x 1
    • Dislike  x 1
    • Agree  x 1
    • Disagree  x 1
    #290 WilhelmIIofPrussia, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    WilhelmIIofPrussia

WilhelmIIofPrussia kiwifaggo.ts
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I would say yes. Remember how Chris had like two friends going through his OkCupid account to help him find true matches? My guess is that one of them helped Catherine out and at the same time, kept all the I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    4Macie

4Macie The Cow Dullahan

kiwifarms.net
  12. But.... Chris is operating under the assumption that Catherine is real, which means that this is how he would act in an IRL situation. Breakups happen all of the time, most people just learn how to roll with them.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Thetan

Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  13. I don't have all of the information behind this. The best thing to do is to wait for the rest of the info to drop, then draw your own conclusions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Thetan

Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  14. However, what are the odds that a true girlfriend would act like "Catie" did?

Unless she's the daughter of Meryl Streep and Donnie Brasco, the fact that she was lying to Chris and working to avoid getting too close would naturally make her behave differently to a real girlfriend.

You can't engineer elaborate webs of lies and then claim the results you obtain are representative of any kind of reality.

There's too much of an observer effect for that.

The Heisensperg Uncertainty Principle, if you will.

• Winner  x 11
    • Agree  x 5
    • Like  x 2
    • Dumb  x 2
    • Feels  x 1
    Le Bateleur

Le Bateleur Major Arcana

kiwifarms.net
  15. On that same note, I'm sure the best thing Skyraider can do is wait until he's ready to do a full data dump and not upload snippets of convos like this. Providing us data without the full context of how to view it seems to be bringing up more questions than answers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    axcel

axcel vegan faggot

kiwifarms.net
  16. Hypothetically, if you build a fake store, and fill the register with fake money, and then when I'm at the counter you catch me on camera leaning over when no one is looking to grab a stack of twenties? You're still allowed to call me a dirty fucking thief.

Chris doesn't realize he's in this social experiment, and yes it's totally shitty that it's being done to him in the first place. But he still believes it's real, and his pathetic inappropriate behavior is still pathetic and inappropriate.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    #296 Taily Puff, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Taily Puff

Taily Puff Ready to Begin
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. The way Chris acted with Catie is very similar to the way he acted with "The Wallflower", who wasn't an admitted troll. He tried to guilt trip her as well, and continued to insist that they were in a "relationship" despite her telling him that they weren't and that she wasn't interested.

As with Catie, Chris became more nasty and aggressive towards The Wallflower when she continued to refuse to give him what he demanded.

He pulled this shit with Catie as well. They had barely started speaking when Chris was planning for Catie to sleep over at the rental. He was actually trying to talk her into moving in with him, and even offered her the use of the BMW.

I'm not trying to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, but Chris's behavior is unacceptable and inappropriate, and Catie not being "real" doesn't change or excuse that.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Thetan

Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  18. you fools

• Agree  x 4
    • Dumb  x 3
    • Like  x 2
    • Winner  x 2
    • Disagree  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    • Mad on the Internet  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. As a wedding ring I assume...

Actually props for you guys on not taking that relic, it really shows you have a line of decency - even if the whole set up is questionable. I get the impression that this wasn't really that much of a conspiracy of elite troll but just a harmless I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME-bait that escalated into a situation where you guys had an golden opportunity. But those are questions for the ethics thread.

Chris seems to behaving like a common narcissistic and abusive boyfriend. First bait the girl and then pretend being all lovey dovey while your eyes on the price: sex/money/stuff and slowly turn more dominant and abusive, using guilt tactics and fake heartful statements and promises that everything will be better. Chris however seems to lack any charm or attractive traits and just skips right through the last part to keep troll girlfriend with him. A failure of a player I'd say. If wallflower actually did fall for him it would've turn bad for her allright...

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Zekesman

Zekesman Fastest penciler in the South

kiwifarms.net
  20. I'm calling bullshit on this. There is no point where you can come in as a fake girlfriend for Chris and pretend that anything you do is rooted with even a bit of respect.

Do what you do, it doesn't matter, but don't try to pretend that it's something it's not.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    HipstrsGonnaHip

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.