Trolling Ethics Debate Thread -

• DDoS is active again.

Yawning Asperchu

"But you're better than normal...you're abnormal!"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
^
@Marvin
Yeah Chris does move on, and fast. Could be 'cause he looks at his future sweetheart as a very specific role player in his life, almost a straight up object (as many have said). I think a telling quote is when he refers to Julie/the trip to Ohio as "a bad lead" lol. Just seems like an odd way to describe someone he "loved", real or not. Like a sports team signing someone who turns out to be a total bust.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
When exactly did he learn the galpals were hired help? Was this recently or awhile ago? I feel like I've known this for awhile, maybe I just figured it out on my own.
Chris first mentioned it publicly on Facebook in October 2013. Not too long after, he began posting pictures of himself as a zombie Lego mini fig, because it was nearing Halloween and the gal pal revelation made him feel dead inside.

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only my unclit.
kiwifarms.net
Broadly speaking, it seems like there are two different criteria people are looking at when they evaluate the trolling - you've got the idea of 'harm', where Chris should only be preserved from things that are actively psychologically or physically damaging to him, and that his iron curtain of delusion precludes him from being treated like a functioning adult would as far as the "truth" goes.

On the other hand, there's the people who care about his autonomy (or dignity, if you prefer, whatever), and find the idea that he is literally the target of an international conspiracy of autism to be reprehensible, whether or not they claim to be acting in good faith.

The real problem here is that it's impossible to know how much Chris truly knows about his life, and how much he knows but is unwilling to admit to himself. It seems reasonable to say that his behavior has been affected to some degree by the paranoia caused by the trolls, but as people have pointed out, he was getting into plenty of trouble with Mary Lee Walsh, Michael Snyder et al without any help at all from the trolls. This could suggest that he doesn't really understand the scope of the trolling that surrounds him, but again, there's no real way to be sure.

It's also difficult to apply the standards we'd use for other people onto him - I myself would be personally devastated if a significant other turned out to be running a :ruse:, but it's entirely possible that Chris found that blue arms letter from Sega, for example, to be much more distressing.
I think the trolling worked so well with Chis precisely because he was predisposed to it. His autism (naivete), low intelligence, and Borb-conditioned paranoia and persecution complexes maximized its effects.

A Random

Lappy's on the case, partner!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A big issue with Chris and money is that he can't accept the idea of 'going without' for long enough, right? He's had a lot of credit cards maxed out because he couldn't afford to take a couple of months off of his own splurging to pay them off, one at a time.

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only my unclit.
kiwifarms.net
A big issue with Chris and money is that he can't accept the idea of 'going without' for long enough, right? He's had a lot of credit cards maxed out because he couldn't afford to take a couple of months off of his own splurging to pay them off, one at a time.
I don't think Chris thinks this way. As in, he doesn't consider paying them off one at a time because he doesn't care or isn't aware that he's paying interest on the debt.

DrunkTails

Fabulous hair.
kiwifarms.net
I feel kinda sorry for him. One of the first Google results is his CWCki page, and a bit further down is a 59-page Kiwi Farms thread. He's trying to be seen as a respectable movie reviewer, but his entire legacy is that he's the half-brother of a fat autist and that he hated one universally-loved movie. Also, his weekly YouTube series gets a solid 20 views per episode. Poor guy.

That kind of the bitter irony for Cole. He is the most successful of the two spawns of Bard in that he actually tried doing something with his life, but compared to his half brother he is a failure in getting noticed. A video by Cole gets barely that 0.5% when compared to Chris's videos.

Mind you he still is a douchebag whose ego is almost as big as Chris's.

Bronchitis that Lingers

a sequined trainwreck
kiwifarms.net
That kind of the bitter irony for Cole. He is the most successful of the two spawns of Bard in that he actually tried doing something with his life, but compared to his half brother he is a failure in getting noticed. A video by Cole gets barely that 0.5% when compared to Chris's videos.

Mind you he still is a douchebag whose ego is almost as big as Chris's.

Wow, that's depressing to think about.

Cole sitting in a poorly lit room, forehead wrinkling in dispair, as he realizes his autistic half brother has more fame that he ever could.
If only HE could have a forum dedicated to him...
:(

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Wow, that's depressing to think about.

Cole sitting in a poorly lit room, forehead wrinkling in dispair, as he realizes his autistic half brother has more fame that he ever could.
If only HE could have a forum dedicated to him...
:(

Cole Smithey has it coming. He's as much of a douchebag as Chris is.

Bronchitis that Lingers

a sequined trainwreck
kiwifarms.net
Cole Smithey has it coming. He's as much of a douchebag as Chris is.
Oh, absolutely. I say "depressing" in the most comical sense possible, I assure you.
I personally find it hilarious that both him and Chris have experienced the ironies that accompany fame. Chris wanted to be famous and adored from Sonichu, but he is famous for entirely different reasons and his fanbase consists of the people he opposes. Cole wanted to be famous for his film critique and taken seriously, but the majority of people that know of him, are because of Chris, a brother that he barely knows.

Nick Drake

Certified Oppressor
kiwifarms.net
This happens with a lot of people Chris has known. Even though MLW and Megan weren't seeking fame, it must be depressing for them too, to google their names and have a ton of Chris related stuff pop up. They probably can't even be on any social networks because of Chris's notoriety.

Bronchitis that Lingers

a sequined trainwreck
kiwifarms.net
This happens with a lot of people Chris has known. Even though MLW and Megan weren't seeking fame, it must be depressing for them too, to google their names and have a ton of Chris related stuff pop up. They probably can't even be on any social networks because of Chris's notoriety.
Christ, could you imagine if Mary Lee Walsh tried to set up a Facebook to connect with her colleagues and family? Receiving 40+ friend requests a day from weens? Messages with no content besides :julay:? That is, and I actually say this genuinely-as opposed to how I usually do- depressing.

DrunkTails

Fabulous hair.
kiwifarms.net

The case of MLW, Snyder, Megan and other people who had even the slightest of interaction with Chris is incredibly depressing to think about. Especially with Megan and MLW. They were people whose only 'crime' against Chris was related to his love quest. Megan didn't want to be his sweetheart and MLW was kind enough to tell Chris to knock it off with his crap on campus (in some countries soliciting or acts that seem to be indicating solicitation are considered as a crime). Thanks to Chris, they are now immortalized as heroes, a status I am sure none of these (non-troll) people ever wanted in the first place.

If I recall correctly, Megan did have a social network account. Not sure if its still existing.

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
Christ, could you imagine if Mary Lee Walsh tried to set up a Facebook to connect with her colleagues and family? Receiving 40+ friend requests a day from weens? Messages with no content besides :julay:? That is, and I actually say this genuinely-as opposed to how I usually do- depressing.

Does that actually happen?

I can see why some idiots would Julay Chris. I can also see why various figures in Christory would be approached for info. Which I am sure could get tiresome. But I don't see why people would "troll" them. Am I missing something?

Morbid Boredom

Transgoth transteen transwoman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does that actually happen?

I can see why some idiots would Julay Chris. I can also see why various figures in Christory would be approached for info. Which I am sure could get tiresome. But I don't see why people would "troll" them. Am I missing something?
Most traditional "trolling" pranks have not been employed on people trying to put Chris behind them.
I think :julay: is shorthand for the dumb and mean-spirited activities that crop up around Chris and the people who have the misfortune of interacting with him -"If you're gonna bug these people, don't bother doing anything elaborate. Just scream :julay: like the idiot you are".

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's been about 3 years since this thread was originally started. Since KF has had significant culture change in that time, I am going to unlock this thread just to see people's thoughts on this issue. If you posted then, has your opinion changed? If so, how? For newfags, what do you think?
chris never picks out one specific troll he only ever refers to the cwcki or the cwcki forums. to post in or read these things is the most active way to troll him. all else is just secondary.
the only way to feel above such "trollings" is to not post or support the sites. by doing this the reader will stop the need for "content" therefore stopping people to go out and get it. if anyone wants to point fingers, they should blame themselves as well.
still feel the same

Petronella

kiwifarms.net
It's been about 3 years since this thread was originally started. Since KF has had significant culture change in that time, I am going to unlock this thread just to see people's thoughts on this issue. If you posted then, has your opinion changed? If so, how? For newfags, what do you think?
My opinion, lolcows are funnier when left to their own devices. Weening and getting directly involved can lead to funny results but the whole point of them being a cow is that they do weird shit unprovoked. Plus you also get a lot of people trying to outdo each other and it becomes less "look at this funny weirdo" and more "let's have a contest to see who can make him chimp the most."

Nien Nunb

Eid, Redav, Eid
kiwifarms.net
My opinion, lolcows are funnier when left to their own devices. Weening and getting directly involved can lead to funny results but the whole point of them being a cow is that they do weird shit unprovoked."

I agree with that, but there's a few exceptions, like Barneyfag or Brad Watson. There's a few cows that most of the entertainment comes from pissing them off.