Trolling Ethics Debate Thread -

• DDoS is active again.
G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
Plus you also get a lot of people trying to outdo each other and it becomes less "look at this funny weirdo" and more "let's have a contest to see who can make him chimp the most."
Actually a good point. People complained about the gatekeeping around Chris, but to an extent, if it didn't exist, then good, fun shit would have never come. But then we also got the @Thetan @garbageraider trash.

As an aside, I find whenever a morbidly obese chick becomes involved ("Catharine", "Kacey") they are usually more mean than funny.

Petronella

kiwifarms.net
Actually a good point. People complained about the gatekeeping around Chris, but to an extent, if it didn't exist, then good, fun shit would have never come. But then we also got the @Thetan @garbageraider trash.

As an aside, I find whenever a morbidly obese chick becomes involved ("Catharine", "Kacey") they are usually more mean than funny.
I never liked Kacey, she was way too unnecessarily mean and it seemed like she tried to make it all about her. She also got in the way of lulz a few times, Chris and Liquid would be arguing and just when it was starting to get good she'd have to waddle in and yell at Chris for being rude to her boyfriend. Even in the godlike Father Call there's a couple times where she has to go "omg Chris don't talk to my dad like that!!"

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
I think a cow should be prodded and poked gently to provide a nice supply of milk.

A good kiwifarmer does not overmilk the cow with epic weening and digging up Patty, but neither does he allow the cow to sink into torpor and just repost the same shit all over again.

Let the Bearer of the Word tell ya'll about good herdin!
art_full_small_by_psykerscum-dbcesmm.jpg

Mariposa Electrique

October 4-18, Chris Will Be Happy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My opinion, lolcows are funnier when left to their own devices. Weening and getting directly involved can lead to funny results but the whole point of them being a cow is that they do weird shit unprovoked. Plus you also get a lot of people trying to outdo each other and it becomes less "look at this funny weirdo" and more "let's have a contest to see who can make him chimp the most."
I agree, LEAVE CHRIS ALONE!!!!
Once the trolls got involved, it left people like the ones at Magfest open to treat Chris like a victim of cruel cyberbullies. I understand that it may take a while longer to get milk from Chris without trolls, but he's always at his most retarded when he's desperate for attention he believes he's not getting.

E

ES 148

kiwifarms.net
Personally I don't like trolling people when they're in their 'space', except for people who're just plain evil. If they're fooling around on Deviantart they can do that all day, but if they come to the Farms they asked for it.

Muscle Bra

I passed high scholl bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But then we also got the @Thetan @garbageraider trash.
Apologies for going off-topic (and feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter up the thread) but when did @Thetan become discredited?

I know SkyRaider/@garbageraider is held in disdain because he literally went through the Chandler's garbage to get content but I thought Thetan was the one who played Catherine/Catie, which was generally considered to be one of the less harmful fake girlfriend sagas.

Did I miss something?

Chrisology1337

kiwifarms.net
Out of the newer sagas, the ones Chris brought on himself were far funnier.

He let Sonic Boom piss him off so much that he maced a guy, he got so obsessed with Doopie he began thinking her ignoring him was troll activity, and Trump got him so butthurt he had his Facebook account temporarily suspended.

Compare it to the ones caused by trolls and they’re rather dry, especially Jessica Quinn.

Chrisology1337

kiwifarms.net
My personal philosophy is that if you ever find yourself internally justifying why whatever you're saying/doing isn't cruelty or bullying then it probably is. Trolling is fine but pushing it past the point where it becomes bullying is just wrong. I'm in the camp that believes BlueSpike went way too far with the shit he did.
When did he cross the line for you?
Was it the JULAY video? Shoving the medallion up his ass? Revealing himself to be 13?

Hen in a tie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Obviously don't actually get involved in a cows life. If they don't know they're being targeted they continue this funny shit of insanity (But if they're doing borderline illegal shit should probably contact authorities.)

Like it's kind of already messed up to make fun of mentally ill people on the internet but I draw the line at actually trolling them online. If they find their thread and choose to react that's their choice and they'll be mad and upset there's a group just shittin on them, but what really does damage is when people actually go out of their way to post hurtful comments just to get a reaction.

Like not only is that petty but you lose more and more content from that person. As I've said multiple times these people do it to themselves on their own, no one needs to get involved with their lives just document whatever they post on the free internet so future generations can laugh and learn what not to do on the internet.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
When did he cross the line for you?
Was it the JULAY video? Shoving the medallion up his ass? Revealing himself to be 13?
Just him dude. I'm not gonna argue the ethics of people who knew he was 13 and still allowed him to have sexual conversations with a grown man but yeah, shoving the medallion up Chris' ass? A ruptured colon can kill somebody fucking fast. Knowing Chris' family if he'd have started vomiting that night they'd have just told him to go to bed with a bucket and by next morning he'd be in toxic shock which is, you know, bad. Retrospectively, BlueSpike isn't funny and I wasn't part of the whole Chris community when it was originally happening so I read about it with all the facts and thought "Oh that's a bit much." As for everyone else involved? I don't know them IRL, they might be total cunts, they might secretly feel guilty or they may have put it behind them. I'm not equipped to pass any judgement on anyone. For all I know BlueSpike himself is just a really fucked up kid. The whole incident, in my opinion should be held up as an example of how not to do it.

Petronella

kiwifarms.net
Apologies for going off-topic (and feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter up the thread) but when did @Thetan become discredited?

I know SkyRaider/@garbageraider is held in disdain because he literally went through the Chandler's garbage to get content but I thought Thetan was the one who played Catherine/Catie, which was generally considered to be one of the less harmful fake girlfriend sagas.

Did I miss something?
Thetan impersonated some of Chris's high school friends and told him they only used to hang out with him because Bob paid them to.

Shiversblood

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I once read that all the videos he made was because of Troll orchestration and by himself he was almost never funny, of course of the exception of when he gets arrested. Like when he was arrested at the mall for soliciting and then not leaving when asked then freaking out like a insane tard, he did that all on his own.

So maybe chris chan actually needs trolls, just as much as trolls need him.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMO, trolling Chris has basically exhausted nearly all its possible avenues and angles. However, there is one exception: Posing as CWCville inhabitants and fucking with Chris.

This is the angle that we're seeing today with the "Idea Guy", for example, he posed as Rosechu and told Chris that she was trans, which sent him into a big loop.

YMMV on whether this saga is funny or not (It's hit and miss for me), but I find it to be very revelatory about Chris's current mindset and reality perception.. I am mostly here because I find it fun to figure out the underlying mental processes of cows. And I honestly thought I had Chris completely figured out until I saw the stuff he's saying and doing now. He's changing stuff that's sacrosanct to him (Sonichu continuity), he's destroying property that he slaved over for hours (The custom pony toy).

I also wonder about the human cost involved here, because this primarily deals with fictional characters with no real impact on Chris's IRL (Even his Patreon is still holding strong), and because Chris's mind can go in so many different routes once the trolling is revealed: Will Chris shut down? Will he retreat even further into his fantasy world? Will he shrug it off?

I honestly don't know.

Thetan impersonated some of Chris's high school friends and told him they only used to hang out with him because Bob paid them to.
That was very cruel imo. I kinda feel for Chris here.

I once read that all the videos he made was because of Troll orchestration and by himself he was almost never funny, of course of the exception of when he gets arrested. Like when he was arrested at the mall for soliciting and then not leaving when asked then freaking out like a insane tard, he did that all on his own.

So maybe chris chan actually needs trolls, just as much as trolls need him.
Actually, if you look at the CWCki, you will find that a lot of the videos have a chat-based build-up, where whoever is talking to Chris (usually the girlfriend) tells him that they need him to do x and y in the video.

Chris by himself is a boring person with a boring routine, and you need to troll him to get all the crazy out into the world.

Mariposa Electrique

October 4-18, Chris Will Be Happy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shit, now I feel like a noob all over again. *sigh* I was somehow under the impression that info was legit and the gal-pals *were* just hired help.

Thanks!
In a way, they were hired by their own ego. They were only nice to Chris because he was retarded. They got their ego masturbation, and Chris received social welfare. The End.

Silver Octopus

kiwifarms.net
If anything, today's """"trolling"""" is just straight up being nice to chris - he gets given money to sing a song poorly or say a message and derp around for less than a minute.
When he went to MAGfest he got nothing but kindness, do people still troll Chris? He's sort of shifted the infamy and now people refer to him as a "meme legend".
He also gets given more than $650 a month from patreon for doing nothing.
But what about idea guy? We can't say for sure that he's pretending to be Sonichu, but it really seems that way. It's not much different from someone pretending to be an online sweetheart, except so far all he's managed to achieve is to have chris post some weird nazi references on Facebook that fly over his head, and got him rip up a children's doll.
This is a far cry from getting chris to shove his medallion up his ass and getting a bunch of sex videos from him.

Gawd, I wish I was trolled like chris is getting trolled right now. I'll get my Patreon ready...