Trolling Ethics Debate Thread -

• DDoS is active again.

Shiversblood

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
when i used to be on the forum pvccc it used to always make me angry how everyone on the forum always tried to shut down people who wanted to try and troll chris, and tried to hoard chris to themselves, they didnt want anyone trolling chris unless it was them and doing it exactly the way they wanted, and they reacted so hostile to any other trolling ideas that they made themselves into hardcore white knights trying to protect chris from any other trolls it made me so god damn angry! You men do not own chris! if you try to prevent men from trolling him, then chris chan will simply allow OTHER men to troll him! It is the desire of god himself that chris chan be trolled! to try and prevent chris chan from being trolled, is to try and go directly against jesus christ himself!

Computery Guy

We've come to the end of our time.
kiwifarms.net
when i used to be on the forum pvccc it used to always make me angry how everyone on the forum always tried to shut down people who wanted to try and troll chris, and tried to hoard chris to themselves, they didnt want anyone trolling chris unless it was them and doing it exactly the way they wanted, and they reacted so hostile to any other trolling ideas that they made themselves into hardcore white knights trying to protect chris from any other trolls it made me so god damn angry! You men do not own chris! if you try to prevent men from trolling him, then chris chan will simply allow OTHER men to troll him! It is the desire of god himself that chris chan be trolled! to try and prevent chris chan from being trolled, is to try and go directly against jesus christ himself!

I mean, it's as good an explanation for any why there are starving kids in Africa.

Jesus is just too busy shitposting in Heaven to answer prayers.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
when i used to be on the forum pvccc it used to always make me angry how everyone on the forum always tried to shut down people who wanted to try and troll chris, and tried to hoard chris to themselves, they didnt want anyone trolling chris unless it was them and doing it exactly the way they wanted, and they reacted so hostile to any other trolling ideas that they made themselves into hardcore white knights trying to protect chris from any other trolls it made me so god damn angry! You men do not own chris!
I don't remember you being around pre-pvcc. To give you a bit of history, early on, multiple trolls got in contact with Chris and tried to pull off slightly incompatible plans at the same time. I don't remember who fired the first shot (or specifically who was involved at the time), but what basically happened was that someone was worried that the other troll would tell Chris they're fucking with them. So they used the nuclear option and told Chris that the other guy was actually a fat dude with hairy balls.

After the first shot was fired, it turned into a giant scramble to uproot whoever was in charge, so you could get your ideas in first.

Most people around from that area remember the justification, even if they ultimately recognize that it ended up in a lot of toxic infighting.

I realize you don't remember this because at the time, you were constantly smashed the whole time. (To be fair, I was only slightly less smashed than you were. I'm not as big a fan of Old Crow whiskey as you used to be.)
if you try to prevent men from trolling him, then chris chan will simply allow OTHER men to troll him!
History does not support this theory. In fact, history shows that monopolizing Chris is an extraordinarily effective technique. The reason all the drama we're seeing has cropped up, was because when Bob died, the people who successfully managed Chris trolling opened him up to the free market.

It turns out the free market has retarded ideas about what's funny with trolling Chris. When any dipshit can get ahold of Chris and preach to him, Chris produces dipshit material.

(But to be fair, we had retarded ideas too. We just didn't put them into practice. Trolling by committee is a great way to weed out stupid ideas.)
It is the desire of god himself that chris chan be trolled! to try and prevent chris chan from being trolled, is to try and go directly against jesus christ himself!
I don't think you really know how Chris trolling works. It involves a lot of very un-jesus-like manipulation of a retarded man.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
AFAIK, Chris was not being paid to say and do all that stuff.

He legit believed that Blake went to ISIS, Angelica converted to Satanism..etc. And was trying desperately to fix it all.

Ultimately, this troll plot exploited Chris's deep need to believe that CWCville is real. Chris desperately wanted someone else to confirm to him that his imaginary place was real, and was willing to go to extreme lengths to stay on good terms with those characters.

I think that tells you how depressed he is about his life right now.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only difference between a good troll and a lousy ween is sense of humor. A guy in a pickle suit is funny. Paying Chris to talk about concentration camps isn't.
Planning is important too, for example it could have been funny if the idea guy had been able to film Chris screaming an anime girls name and honking his car horn at a store.

Gorgar

GORGAR speaks...
kiwifarms.net
AFAIK, Chris was not being paid to say and do all that stuff.

He legit believed that Blake went to ISIS, Angelica converted to Satanism..etc. And was trying desperately to fix it all.

Ultimately, this troll plot exploited Chris's deep need to believe that CWCville is real. Chris desperately wanted someone else to confirm to him that his imaginary place was real, and was willing to go to extreme lengths to stay on good terms with those characters.

I think that tells you how depressed he is about his life right now.
Then again, the same could be said with his MLP shit.

sbm1990

BREAK IT DOWN!
kiwifarms.net
Trolling stops being funny if you give money to the autistic guy. At that point, who's the exceptional individual?

When it comes to people giving Chris money just to do all this stupid shit, it really makes Chris look like the real troll at this point since he's clearly getting the better end of the deal as long as these weens continue to pay him tons of money while eventually outing themselves on here in an exceptional attempt to get asspats.

B

BV 937

kiwifarms.net
This is not a trolling board.
´No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.´

Kiwifarms simply keeps tabs on the most extraordinary specimens on the planet.

You do realize I was poking fun at him in my comment, correct?

ThePlagueTND

kiwifarms.net
I think trolling ethics come down to one question: is it harming them mentally or physically?

It's ok for them to get frustrated or upset. It also adds to the enjoyment if its incredibly ridiculous, like they think that Nintendo is interested in their characters.

When it starts really get to them like noticeably wearing on their soul, it's time to stop. People like Chris Chan or Darksydephil, do they deserve to be trolled? Sure, but they don't deserve to be mentally or physically scarred by some idiot on the internet.

TrippinKahlua

Behind my smile is my scowl.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can say "There is nothing left to do with Chris" all you want but you've been saying that well since 2012.

Unless Chris, on his own volition, ceases every and all appearances on the internet including Twitter and all social media, it will forever be possible to troll him if you figure the way.

Who would've thought Idea Guy would have gotten Chris to believe shit by using the Audacity program?

bigshot

Some call me a freak. I call me BIGSHOT!
kiwifarms.net
when i used to be on the forum pvccc it used to always make me angry how everyone on the forum always tried to shut down people who wanted to try and troll chris, and tried to hoard chris to themselves, they didnt want anyone trolling chris unless it was them and doing it exactly the way they wanted, and they reacted so hostile to any other trolling ideas that they made themselves into hardcore white knights trying to protect chris from any other trolls it made me so god damn angry!

People tend to think that trolling is an internet thing. It isn't. It was originally called "pranksterism" and it goes back perhaps as far as the 1950s. In the 80s and 90s, there was an underground group of pranksters that would do public pranks that were funny and satirical. (Fight Club was based on this group.) Every prank had a point to make. It wasn't just acting goofy, they used pranksterism as social commentary. In the beginning, it was all based off a mailing list. You subscribed with a donation, and they would use that for stamps and printing to announce plans so you could come and participate. Chapters of this underground group popped up in major cities all over the US. It was a tight network of like minded people.

Then the internet started becoming pervasive in everyone's lives. The postal mailing list was discontinued and a free email list was created. Immediately, the quality of the events took a nose dive. Hipsters who were just there to take in the "scene" started outnumbering the pranksters. The pranks that the internet members came up with were really dumb or obvious axe grinding. All the humor and social satire got diluted by swarms of people without much imagination or creativity. The events got too big and the old time pranksters got fed up with babysitting the hordes of internet "blands".

Eventually, the core old time pranksters got together and created one last prank to dissolve the group with a bang. They made the internet list think that someone had been killed at an event and that the main organizers were so upset about it, they converted to Christianity. They organized a "memorial" for the member who had supposedly died, sent out a few email blasts of evangelical material, revised the web site to be religious themed, got articles written in the alternative papers about the conversion, and proceeded to shutter the whole organization. The internet members never figured out what was going on.

The good pranksters moved on to other things. But now they keep it limited to their tight circle. Not because they're trying to keep anyone out, but because too many cooks spoil the broth. The internet is an ocean of people. Most of them aren't worth bothering with. They are the ones who deserve pranking.

Last edited:

JULAY

kiwifarms.net
You can say "There is nothing left to do with Chris" all you want but you've been saying that well since 2012.

Unless Chris, on his own volition, ceases every and all appearances on the internet including Twitter and all social media, it will forever be possible to troll him if you figure the way.

Who would've thought Idea Guy would have gotten Chris to believe shit by using the Audacity program?
He'll keep doing extremely autistic, very stupid shit on the internet and IRL forever, whether he's being actively trolled or not... We are talking about a fat idiot who developed a personal vendetta against Sonic's arms being blue, which resulted in him pepper spraying an innocent man. He also carved a hole in his taint without anyone telling him to do so, because he's a sexually confused gullible moron.

So I say, let's keep watching until the bitter end.

Besides, when Barb dies shit is going to get interesting in a hurry, so at least there's that.