Law Trump Administration Announces Plans To Shake Up The Kidney Care Industry - Proposed improvements to Kidney Disease Treatment

Locomotive Derangement

Hardcore Velocity
kiwifarms.net
They're basically the stuff that eats all the little bits of poison in your system at every hour of every day so that none of your other organs have to. Guess it takes a toll on the poor little guys.
The liver is supposed to do that though. I guess when that hepatic bastard finally slacks off it falls to the kidneys to suffer most of the damage.

Cynically Insane

kiwifarms.net
This is in my wheelhouse. I would bet dollars to donuts that Rice Powell, the CEO of Fresenius Medical Care is responsible for convincing Trump this is a good idea. Here is his statement.

In January of this year Fresenius bought a company that makes the at home dialysis equipment. They have already nearly monopolized the dialysis market. Just 20 years ago private clinics were more of a rarity than the norm. Dialysis was done in hospitals by hospital staff. They bought up everything convincing hospitals that they could do the same job cheaper. The McDonalds of the dialysis world, cheap and easy but no eye for the long term health of its customer. When they sell their machines hospitals are so excited because they are practically free. In reality the after market costs make it about 4 times more expensive than its competitors.

This company is as corrupt AF. They recently paid $231 million in fines and penalties for bribery. In 2000, it was health care fraud.

Do I sound mad on the internet? I am. The leading cause of ESRD is the beetus. There is a cure for the beetus. EXERCISE! FFS paying for a personal trainer for all pre-diabetics would save billions. But no one really wants that. No huge corporate profits in real prevention.

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
It's pretty depressing to look at the amount of money the developed world pours into endless type 2 beetus-related medical care for people who just won't put the fucking fork down. I don't know what the solution is.

Ebonic Tutor

"Shitposting at any cost."
kiwifarms.net
Do I sound mad on the internet? I am. The leading cause of ESRD is the beetus. There is a cure for the beetus. EXERCISE! FFS paying for a personal trainer for all pre-diabetics would save billions. But no one really wants that. No huge corporate profits in real prevention.
You're only half right, Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile) is incurable other than a pancreas transplant. It's more often than not cause by shitty genetics/infection of some sort killing off your pancreas and stopping the production of insulin.

Where as Type 2 tends to be the type most of the fat fucks get. Which is where your body doesn't actually process the insulin it produces correctly.

In theory you could have both I do believe.

Equivocal_Iki

kiwifarms.net
"President Trump signed an executive order Wednesday directing the Department of Health and Human Services to develop policies addressing three goals: reducing the number of patients developing kidney failure, reducing how many Americans get dialysis treatment at dialysis centers and making more kidneys available for transplant."
Just ban kidney disease by executive order! The government is a god who can will things through law.

Though really, sounds like just an order of empty promises. Doesn't even allow people to sell their kidneys to allow a market system where people can buy the kidneys they need while others may sell kidneys they don't.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
OH yeah I know about his platform on healthcare. Kidneys just seemed an oddly specific focus ( the budget blurb in the article aside).
Perhaps somebody close to him as had kidney problems? Yes, they have enough money to take care of it, but if it was anything serious that might be motivating him to focus on that.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
My uncle was the fattest of fat fucks his whole life. Always complained about his bad back and being tired and such. One day when he's 54 years old, doctor tells him he fucked up and developed type 2. Immediately changed his tune. No more bad diet, exercise, the works. We all joked he was half the man he used to be because that's how much weight he lost. And that includes the sheer muscle he put on. If you could stalemate the man in an arm wrestle you should feel damn proud of yourself. Which I did. He went from a fat worthless slob to a man that men half his age could feel proud for beating in a physical contest. He died a couple years ago from the ironically unrelated throat cancer. I got my barbs in about "finally God found a way to shut your arrogant mouth up" and he laughed about it and then died, but he died with a weight in his hand to prove how strong he was. Men like him who fix their problems may be half the man they used to be but they are twice the man most whiners are.

Prevention, people. You have the power.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino