Disaster Trump Can’t Block Critics From His Twitter Account, Appeals Court Rules - Blocked and Reported!!

Who exactly is Donald Trump blocking on Twitter?

• People with legit criticism of Him and his policies

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • People who have been diagnosed with extreme cases of ‘Trump derangement syndrome.’

Votes: 75 69.4%
  • Reporters who secretly fuck kids on a daily basis

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • The DEEP STATE

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • 13 year old Zoomers who spam anime titties at him

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Boomers who spam Ben Garrison comics at him

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Russian bots / NPCs

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Niggers

Votes: 53 49.1%

• Total voters

The Last Stand

Just enjoying the holiday snow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does Trump even block people? Every tweet of his I've ever seen has 500k+ comments of "evil orange rapist meanie small pee pee hands doo doo head" on them.
Probably Pelosi, Obama, CNN, or Hogg to name a few.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
nor do they have Twitter's popularity.
That's a shit excuse that Null himself has said is a slippery slope toward more and more internet regulation. Your and the hateboner of others for Twitter, Failbook and Google and passive approval of the government fucking with their operation is giving the fed the one inch they need to take a mile.
I think because Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States, and a public figure no less, he shouldn't be able to block out criticism from his public avenues.

On the other hand, Twitter brings out the worst in people anyway. I'm sure legitimate criticism or praise is buried under screeching virtue signaling, bots, boomers or anybody in between. It's practically No Man's Land in Trump's Twitter feed.
Being a public figure doesn't absolve him of being a United States citizen and as a citizen he should be granted citizen rights and one of those rights is the right to free association, which he is being denied by the very government that should be protecting that right. This is just yet another step in the direction of eroding the rights of the average pleb by going after the high profile targets that no one likes first.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's a shit excuse that Null himself has said is a slippery slope toward more and more internet regulation. Your and the hateboner of others for Twitter, Failbook and Google and passive approval of the government fucking with their operation is giving the fed the one inch they need to take a mile.
I hope they don't touch Twitter, I'm just saying Twitter has fully justified being investigated by this point. There's only company I want the feds to crack down on, and that's Google. And that's only because I'm 100% certain they've pulled election interference shit.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is a middle ground between "Giant publisher can censor whoever they want at random" and "No forums allowed!". And frankly, if my options are facebook and twitter ruling the world, or no KF, I like this place but that's an easy choice. But luckily, we won't have to choose between those things.
No there is not, where you see horizontal a gulf between two cliffs, there is in fact a gradient sloped at a 45° angle. Make no mistake, KF, ED, 4chan, 8chan, Stormfront and all offensive websites are next. Everyone is delusional if they think there's a difference and that the standard which defines that difference won't change ever so slightly to cover more 'problematic' content over the coming years. This is the start of how all the unpopular, unconventional and undesirable opinions get muscled out.
I hope they don't touch Twitter, I'm just saying Twitter has fully justified being investigated by this point. There's only company I want the feds to crack down on, and that's Google. And that's only because I'm 100% certain they've pulled election interference shit.
An investigation is not the same thing as placing oversight and control over it. I would rather Google get broken apart for anti-trust laws than to see them continue going as a meat puppet for the government, seeing as how they're the only institution that's more privacy invasive, shady and corrosive than Google.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
An investigation is not the same thing as placing oversight and control over it. I would rather Google get broken apart for anti-trust laws than to see them continue going as a meat puppet for the government, seeing as how they're the only institution that's more privacy invasive, shady and corrosive than Google.
Trust me, I mean trust busting when I say "crack down on", not "neuter the internet because the fuckwits at Google can't behave".

• Feels
Reactions: The Lawgiver
No there is not, where you see horizontal a gulf between two cliffs, there is in fact a gradient sloped at a 45° angle. Make no mistake, KF, ED, 4chan, 8chan, Stormfront and all offensive websites are next. Everyone is delusional if they think there's a difference and that the standard which defines that difference won't change ever so slightly to cover more 'problematic' content over the coming years. This is the start of how all the unpopular, unconventional and undesirable opinions get muscled out.

That IS the slippery slope fallacy. If we let them recognize a publisher claiming to be a forum, no more internet.

If the government can just warp that into a lockdown of the internet... Why do they need a new law at all? Why don't we just slide right down the slope?

Reactions: OgreSan and Otterly

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Has Trump Twitter Block Ruling Turned Against Her
Lee Moran
Lee Moran
HuffPostJuly 10, 2019, 3:31 AM MDT
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) faces two legal challenges over her blocking of people from viewing her @AOC Twitter profile, which has more than 4.6 million followers.
Democratic former New York state Assemblyman Dov Hikind and GOP congressional candidate Joseph Saladino (aka controversial YouTuber Joey Salads) on Tuesday announced separate lawsuits against Ocasio-Cortez, on the same day the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan ruled that President Donald Trump cannot block critics from viewing his Twitter feed.
They both want Ocasio-Cortez to unblock them and other people who she has banned from viewing her posts. Ocasio-Cortez’s office did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
“This very practice has been litigated with regard to President Donald Trump blocking individuals on Twitter, and has recently been found unconstitutional,” Hikind wrote in the suit filed in the Eastern District of New York, that was shared online by Fox News:

“See ya in court,” tweeted Hikind, who Ocasio-Cortez reportedly blocked for criticizing her description of migrant detention centers on the U.S.-Mexico border as “concentration camps.”
Embedded video
304 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Saladino, who is running in a GOP primary for the New York’s 11th Congressional District seat that is currently held by Rep. Max Rose (D-N.Y.), filed his suit in the Southern District of New York.
View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Saladino for Congress
✔@JoeySalads

https://twitter.com/JoeySalads/status/1148654321896251394

I have officially filed my lawsuit against AOC for blocking me on twitter.
Trump is not allowed to block people, will the standards apply equally?
Stay tuned to find out!
12:05 PM - Jul 9, 2019
12.9K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

“Trump is not allowed to block people, will the standards apply equally?” he tweeted. “Stay tuned to find out!”
This is exactly what I hoped would happen.

Jmz_33

kiwifarms.net

This is exactly what I hoped would happen.
Blue check marks are soon going to be no longer able to block people. Nice.

X Prime

kiwifarms.net
Hahahaha, naw, the court will add words to the decision to make it so it only affects trump. Not the president, just donald trump.
Probably not explicitly, but the effect will be the same.

What happened with Trump is an example of lawfare. Someone with deep pockets wanted to annoy him.

Sure, you can say on paper "a public figure cannot block you", but who's going to stop them if they do if you don't have the money and time to get a lawyer?

Iwasamwillbe

Pagan Syncretistic Sun God
kiwifarms.net
I think because Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States, and a public figure no less, he shouldn't be able to block out criticism from his public avenues.
I like how Twitter accounts, and by extension Twitter itself, suddenly become "public avenues" that everyone should have access to and be able to engage with when the President of the United States uses them. Oh wait he's a public figure, so now that makes perfect sense. I can't wait for every celebrity on the planet to learn that they can't block people anymore, since they're all public figures.

Oops.

This can only ever backfire hard on the people pushing for this, and it already has, like for AOC.

Now to just wait for "muh private company" shit to swoop in.

The Last Stand

Just enjoying the holiday snow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh wait he's a public figure, so now that makes perfect sense. I can't wait for every celebrity on the planet to learn that they can't block people anymore, since they're all public figures.
I wouldn't mind. But I think a fundamental difference is akin to writing to your congressperson or government official. Americans have a right, often unused or ignored, to express their issues or whatnot to their congressperson. The problem with this is that Twitter is being used as a way to express contempt. Everybody nowadays uses social media, poorly for the most part I would add. So I wouldn't be surprised this would backfire on somebody eventually.

Same rules applies to other people involved in government. You're in the public eye; be prepared to get criticism. Although Trump tweets more than any other congressperson AFAIK.
LOL nope. Congresspeople block journalists and constituents.

The public is allowed to criticize you. You're not required to host them to come criticize you, you just aren't allowed to make them stop. You have no right to have Donald Trump or Alexandria Cortez read your dumb insults, and if you think that's what the first amendment means please read it again.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino