Disaster Trump Can’t Block Critics From His Twitter Account, Appeals Court Rules - Blocked and Reported!!

Who exactly is Donald Trump blocking on Twitter?

• People with legit criticism of Him and his policies

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • People who have been diagnosed with extreme cases of ‘Trump derangement syndrome.’

Votes: 75 69.4%
  • Reporters who secretly fuck kids on a daily basis

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • The DEEP STATE

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • 13 year old Zoomers who spam anime titties at him

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Boomers who spam Ben Garrison comics at him

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Russian bots / NPCs

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Niggers

Votes: 53 49.1%

• Total voters

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
This bit of the judgement I agree with ““This debate, as uncomfortable and as unpleasant as it frequently may be, is nonetheless a good thing,” the judge wrote. “In resolving this appeal, we remind the litigants and the public that if the First Amendment means anything, it means that the best response to disfavored speech on matters of public concern is more speech, not less.”

Thats sensible. The problem is the implementation. If that’s used to then start to censor actual platforms then it ends up doing entirely the opposite and becomes another tool for social control.

We are sleepwalking into a future where a few giant platforms become indispensable for the masses to conduct the basics of civic interaction, where those platforms encourage everyone to discuss their every thought online and those platforms them have the tools and infrastructure to censor thoughts and expression they dont like.

The top of that slippery slope was a long time back, when a genuine wish to counter prejudice morphed into political correctness. That changed the emphasis of integration from a positive (breaking Jim crow laws, integrating schools) into a negative (you must not say or even think certain thoughts or society will censor and censure you.)
That slippery slope has continued with SJWs - the list of things you ‘cannot’ say without fear of losing careers is now extending to basic biology like women don’t have dicks and humans can’t change sex. It does absolutely nothing to reduce prejudice, it’s simply a control tool. Hate crime laws plus malicious comms laws in the UK have created a climate where anyone can be prosecuted for anything as long as someone perceives offence.

We are headed somewhere really dark until there’s a backlash which restores free speech, basic civics and sensible law. And breaking of tech monopolies to create a more diverse ecosystem.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how long it's going to take them to figure out that this creates a two-way street and opens up a lot of really neat questions concerning getting blocked and banned on social media. I'm totally okay with this. This could lead somewhere interesting. I mean what's it really going to practically do anyways, make his Twitter comments section worse? I don't even think that's possible.
How strong of an argument would you say can be made that Twitter itself shouldn't suspend or ban people because of this? Suspension from Twitter means you can't access Trump's account then aren't they responsible for it? Even if it has nothing to do with Trump, you could be suspended for saying the wrong opinion about transwomen in bathrooms and a dangerhair from resetera complained, any ban at all means you can't access the presidential tweets you are entitled to. I know it's been brought up before and I'm basically just going from my understanding of company town laws - but if they argued you should be allowed to go watch him speak at a public podium, but a private company controlled all the roads and sidewalks that led to the podium, aren't they obligated to support that free access? Because that's what this case is alleging. That Twitter itself is an entitlement of the American people because a lack of Twitter means you have unacceptably diminished access to redress your president. They are directly comparing Twitter to roads, to the mail, to public fora.

Side question: for all the people who rabidly support this because Orange Man bad, what excuse will they have for not supporting it during this similar suit against AOC that's starting up?

Last edited:

The Last Stand

The Dilettante
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think the judge understands how social media works. On paper, this seems alright. But if you restrict something on the Internet, people will find a way around it.

Reactions: Alec Benson Leary

moocow

Moo.
kiwifarms.net
He said that public officials’ social-media accounts are among the most significant forums for the public to discuss government policy.
Guess you're just fucked if you get banned from the social media platforms, eh?

So does this ruling mean people can start suing Twitter for willfully interfering with their access to a "significant forum for the public to discuss government policy"?

I'm sure the answer is "of course not, lowly peasant," but I'd like to at least see them squirm in their seats for a minute while they come up with a reason why.

One time Trump called 1-900-sexchat and I was on there and he said he was gonna build a wall.

So therefore 1-900-sexchat has to force trump to listen to me yell at him to suck my dick whenever I want.

This is essentially the logic of this case. I apologize if 1-900-sexchat is a real phone service, I didn't mean to sully the good name of a decent business.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino