Diseased Trump Derangement Syndrome - Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

Vorhtbame

Dame Pumpernickel the Crusty
kiwifarms.net

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
I was about to point that out. Anybody who says "when was the last time..." and doesn't immediately name the 80s, 70s, 60s... etc is just revealing their willful ignorance.

At least the young have the excuse of not being old enough to have lived it.
Also, FWIW - I recall being put through a Tornado drill (in the middle of the Appalachians? Really?) in high school, and, we had a "hostage situation" drill - in 1990 , they were scaring us with things that HADN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET!

I also distinctly remember being asked by the teacher to work the slide projector for her in 4th grade ( 1988 ) as the educational film screened that day cheerfully told us that by 2000 we'd probably be at war with someone (implied to be those no-good commies, the USSR and PRC) over the meager petroleum resources left in the world, as it was clear we were running out fast....... and only a massive investment in, get this, NUCLEAR energy and automation would prevent the doomsday scenario! (Since people are far too inefficient to be trusted to build anything)

Scaring kids has been a sick past-time with intellectuals my whole goddamn life, how about yours?

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, FWIW - I recall being put through a Tornado drill (in the middle of the Appalachians? Really?) in high school, and, we had a "hostage situation" drill - in 1990 , they were scaring us with things that HADN'T EVEN HAPPENED YET!

I also distinctly remember being asked by the teacher to work the slide projector for her in 4th grade ( 1988 ) as the educational film screened that day cheerfully told us that by 2000 we'd probably be at war with someone (implied to be those no-good commies, the USSR and PRC) over the meager petroleum resources left in the world, as it was clear we were running out fast....... and only a massive investment in, get this, NUCLEAR energy and automation would prevent the doomsday scenario! (Since people are far too inefficient to be trusted to build anything)

Scaring kids has been a sick past-time with intellectuals my whole goddamn life, how about yours?
Same shit in the 70's and 80's.

Of course, you can't forget when St Helens cracked off.

Earthquake drills in California. Flood/Tsunami drills. Fire drills.

School of Fish

kiwifarms.net
Also, that "scary" picture of "scared" kids hiding under desks wouldn't look out of place in a "duck and cover the reds dropped the big one" drill...... you know, the kind they had in schools all the time during the 50's? And the teachers told you that at any moment, nuclear war could break out? But that time didn't scare any kids, apparently......
Don't expect virtue signalers to actually reference to any real history because all they'll do is cherry pick their way to fit their narrative.

PrincessJupiter

Kiwi of Caring
True & Honest Fan
Birthday
kiwifarms.net
The co-creator and writer of How I Met Your Mother got mad about people comparing its shit ending to GOT shit ending and....says it’s their fault Trump was elected.

Because people liked Barney more than Ted.

Seriously.
View attachment 758004
View attachment 758005View attachment 758006View attachment 758007
He honestly probably has PTSD (not the real kind) because I can't remember any show going from beloved to reviled as fast as HIMYM which accomplished it in one night with a finale that literally everyone on earth hated.

As far as I can tell, he hasn't gotten any writing jobs since then either, so he's probably still buttblasted about it and now that Game of Thrones is rapidly going the same way (though admittedly with a final season instead of a final episode), he's probably desperate to try and defend them because he relates it to his own gigantic fuckup and bruised ego.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net

Oh yeah that does remind me...

What about global warming/climate change/whatever it's called today? I know kids are getting scared about that.

I guess somehow frightening kids over that stuff is noble but frightening them over guns is wrong? (when we all know kids should REALLY be scared about killer robots...)

Cosmug

Gay Niggers from Ultra Space
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah that does remind me...

What about global warming/climate change/whatever it's called today? I know kids are getting scared about that.

I guess somehow frightening kids over that stuff is noble but frightening them over guns is wrong? (when we all know kids should REALLY be scared about killer robots...)
Ideologues pushing their shit because “think of the children” is so old and so common it’s literally a joke now.
The reason these people get called NPCs is because they will interrupt a tweet storm about Nazis being everywhere including in your sink RIGHT NOW, 11/10 women being raped hourly, and each candle adding three feet to the water that will bury YOUR HOUSE ANY MINUTE NOW to opine that guns are making kids scared.

Syaoran Li

Remember Dino Crisis?
kiwifarms.net
So in the event of a Trump victory in 2020, how bad will the usual suspects react to it?

My guess is that they will quadruple down on their rhetoric and TDS and inadvertently hasten the demise of the SJW movement.

RationalWiki is already a left-wing equivalent of Conservapedia as it is. If Trump gets re-elected, it will be the left-wing equivalent of Metapedia.

ContraPoints would have a massive stroke and Brianna Wu would still be thinking of another way to use the dead horse of GamerGate to swindle people out of their money, but that's because Brianna Wu is a moron even by SJW standards.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
So in the event of a Trump victory in 2020, how bad will the usual suspects react to it?

My guess is that they will quadruple down on their rhetoric and TDS and inadvertently hasten the demise of the SJW movement.

RationalWiki is already a left-wing equivalent of Conservapedia as it is. If Trump gets re-elected, it will be the left-wing equivalent of Metapedia.

ContraPoints would have a massive stroke and Brianna Wu would still be thinking of another way to use the dead horse of GamerGate to swindle people out of their money, but that's because Brianna Wu is a moron even by SJW standards.
MovieBob would finally have his heart attack. The Young Turks will meltdown so hard, they'll go bankrupt.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net

That would be priceless but it's tempting to forecast what 2024 will bring us after the end of Trump second term and the Democrats menaged to lost this election as well. :story:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino