Diseased Trump Derangement Syndrome - Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

BubbleButt

LUST-CRAZED MUCK-MEN
kiwifarms.net
What power? They lose in views to Yogi Bear reruns AND fart joke cartoons. There are more people in Alaska than there are CNN viewers. There are more hookers too.

I mean shit, they're so powerless by comparison that their numbers are only so high due to their decision to censor airline crashes so they can be played at airports.

That's not power, that's shitting yourself on your sofa as the demolition crew sent to plow down your crackden just shrug and decide to add you to collateral.
For God's sake, they'd lose in the ratings race to Let's Players on YouTube if they were allowed on TV.

Hortator

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m just mystified how they stay in business.

The theory I’ve heard is that they have a devoted core base that have unshakable devotion. I guess that’s all you need to sell a product, too.

Coconut Gun

He's the gun member of the coconut crew
kiwifarms.net
What power? They lose in views to Yogi Bear reruns AND fart joke cartoons. There are more people in Alaska than there are CNN viewers. There are more hookers too.

I mean shit, they're so powerless by comparison that their numbers are only so high due to their decision to censor airline crashes so they can be played at airports.

That's not power, that's shitting yourself on your sofa as the demolition crew sent to plow down your crackden just shrug and decide to add you to collateral.
We laugh at CNN and others, and rightfully so, but there's still a group of people who consume them completely uncritically. Look at the hysteria that just happened over Trump/Russia. If you've interacted with someone who was absolutely 100% sure that Trump did something illegal with Russia, even if they weren't sure what that thing was exactly, then they were likely successfully influenced by these companies.

I'm not saying they're going to win elections like this, or that the majority of people even trust them the slightest. Last I saw, the public's trust in the media was somewhere between murderers and used car salesmen. But they still have the ability to program NPCs, which is a degree of power that would be very appealing to a certain type of person.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The theory I’ve heard is that they have a devoted core base that have unshakable devotion. I guess that’s all you need to sell a product, too.
It's more like their corporate masters would rather bleed money to pretend that CNN isn't a shitheap that needs to be demolished. They still think it has real people value and is an in to tell people what to think, what to buy, and to scream at Orange Man for losing them money.

Only problem is their view count is so shit that they fuck up even that.

I can't wait until they get censored when either of their top two morons manage to screech something so violent or insane that it forces them to drop them. I can see it happening since these moments happened:
We laugh at CNN and others, and rightfully so, but there's still a group of people who consume them completely uncritically. Look at the hysteria that just happened over Trump/Russia. If you've interacted with someone who was absolutely 100% sure that Trump did something illegal with Russia, even if they weren't sure what that thing was exactly, then they were likely successfully influenced by these companies.

I'm not saying they're going to win elections like this, or that the majority of people even trust them the slightest. Last I saw, the public's trust in the media was somewhere between murderers and used car salesmen. But they still have the ability to program NPCs, which is a degree of power that would be very appealing to a certain type of person.
What can I say other than there's a lot of stupid people in the world? Paraphrasing an old but true saying: "Keep in mind how fucking stupid the average person is. Then realize that half the people in the world are even stupider than that".

That there is a population the size of at best Montana tuning into to 24/7 of Hate doesn't shock me.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net

Fox definitely sucks in a certain amount of NPC-type right wingers who believe everything they say uncritically (not saying all Fox viewers are like this, but they definitely exist) and are profitable as hell, why can't CNN or MSNBC follow their formula successfully from the left? Fox rode Obama is the Antichrist for 8 years and it didn't hurt them, why is Trump is the Antichrist hurting CNN so badly? Is it cause the left is scattered between a bunch of different networks and the right only has Fox?

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
Fox definitely sucks in a certain amount of NPC-type right wingers who believe everything they say uncritically (not saying all Fox viewers are like this, but they definitely exist) and are profitable as hell, why can't CNN or MSNBC follow their formula successfully from the left? Fox rode Obama is the Antichrist for 8 years and it didn't hurt them, why is Trump is the Antichrist hurting CNN so badly? Is it cause the left is scattered between a bunch of different networks and the right only has Fox?
I think that's exactly it. Because every mainstream news network is screaming "orange man bad" 24/7 it's caused an outrage burnout. People are sick of it and want the country to just move on now.

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net

Lets have some fun with taking this guys "move all republicans to alabama" shit seriously.

According to CNN 37% of the population is republican or republican leaning. Current US population is around 327mil. This would mean that if every republican is stuck in Alabama than that state would have a population of just over 121mil.

Average population for electoral vote is 565166, so that would end up giving Alabama a whopping 214 electoral votes.

This is a good strategy for allowing republicans to run solely on divisive issues that play well with moderates/independents in a couple of states. They would literally need to do zero pandering to their base which is what democrats love to bring up and use as a wedge issue.

And if somehow a democrat won you just know that we'd get succession 2.0 golden circle for real this time 20XX edition.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
Are you parroting strong daddy?

CNN's ratings were in a slump before Trump and then they ticked up to the point where they were the most-watched cable news network. Then everyone got bored and wandered off. But for a little bit they were on top.

Fox has the wrong demos for marketers which is why you see so many boomer-oriented commercials there. Trumpy bear, lubed catheters and stair lifts. Wow, great. The average age of a Fox News viewer could basically be described as mummies waiting to die.
To be fair, Fox is trying to fix that. Tucker Carlson rose to power, to the point of replacing Bill fucking O'Reilly because Fox News saw their demographic aging out and that in the end, it gave them the excuse to fire O'Reilly and replace him with Tucker and bring in younger viewers. They've also got ex-MTV V-Jay Kennedy all over the schedule too to appeal to older Gen Xers.

But part of the problem though is that a lot of the alt-right/alt-lite folks USED to be with Fox News early on in their careers, but bailed first chance they got to go online because they realized (circa the early 10s) that the young guard would never get chance to run with the ring unless you had a Black Swan event to bring in an influx of new young viewers. Red Eye for instance, had Gavin McInnes as a regular and Steven Crowder first rose to fame as a talking head on several shows. And while Gavin is somewhat damaged goods at this point, at this moment I'm quite sure that Fox would give their left nut to get Crowder back.

As often pointed out - if they just want ratings, why not go right?
Because of a couple of reasons:

1. Fox News has the conservative demographic tightly wrapped up to the point that it's impossible to break

2. MSNBC flirted with going right during the early days of the second Iraq War in the 00s. To the point of having a litmus test for their left wing hosts, where you were only allowed to keep your job if you agreed to publicly support Bush and the war. This cost them both Donahue and Jesse Ventura, who were hosts that refused to go along with the right wing direction the suits were pushing and it basically not only failed to move the ratings, but made the left hate MSNBC for being spineless pussies (to the point that SNL even took a shit on MSNBC for firing Donahue). So you can't go after the hard right dollar so shamelessly, so suddenly, without alienating your existing viewership. Which leads to....

3. CNN's general ego and believing the hype that they are the "real" Cable news. This is from the fact that CNN is the very first 24-7 cable news station and as such "The Standard Bearer" of the genre. And the fact that CNN's been resting on their laurels, primping and preening and pushing their greatness off of crap that happened in the 80s and early 90s, when they had no competition.

OG CNN was center-left, so they buy into the idea of "center-left=real journalism" which is a bit of a plague towards them being resistant towards conservatism. Yet at the same time, they really DON'T like the masses one bit. It's why they acted all prissy in the mid-late 00s when MSNBC hit it big going after the John Stewart libeal demographic. And while they are bitter enough that they won't even hire Keith Olberman for work, they were super burned by missing up that gravy train. Even though Obama let CNN sit at the table of the Obama suck-up media brigade, MSNBC got a far better seat at the table and more praise from Obama since they had a better connection to the young folk who Obama was explicitly targeting with his Hope and Change meme message. Hence also, why CNN went all in and then some to suck up to Hillary; they didn't want to be made the unfavorite in a Hillary Presidency and wanted equal if not higher standing than MSNBC, and vice versa for MSNBC.

Also two things:

1. CNN is a veritable institution in television, which has been coasting off of it's glory days for AGES. Shutting down CNN would be treated like ABC's attempt to kill Nightline, which for years survived as "the artifact" for ABC network and a institute that "journalists" didn't want to die at the hands of the free market, which valued talk shows over news.

2. Howard Beale Syndrome: TPTB don't care if CNN loses money, so long as it preaches the anti-life gospel.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I think that's exactly it. Because every mainstream news network is screaming "orange man bad" 24/7 it's caused an outrage burnout. People are sick of it and want the country to just move on now.
Yeah, CNN is mostly just Trump Watch now. They barely cover anything else.

I don't care how much you hate Trump, you'll just burn out watching CNN when it's literally Trump 24/7. The producers do not seem to understand this and are wondering why their ratings rose sharply after the election and then immediately dumpstered.

Get Reza Aslan eating human brains again CNN that was some good shit

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, CNN is mostly just Trump Watch now. They barely cover anything else.

I don't care how much you hate Trump, you'll just burn out watching CNN when it's literally Trump 24/7. The producers do not seem to understand this and are wondering why their ratings rose sharply after the election and then immediately dumpstered.

Get Reza Aslan eating human brains again CNN that was some good shit
It's also why the entire MSM has torpedoed it's credibility by going anti-Trump/Republican to an absurd degree.

Fox News during the Obama years may have been profitable because they catered to the Hard Right ODS types but they became a nationwide laughing stock because of it.

"Faux News" is a meme for a reason.

TheGreatCitracett

Pretty Effin' Awesome Dude-Oh
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've never had cable, and haven't bothered with tv in years so my experience is mainly from following a few lolcows' antics across the Facebook pages of CNN, Fox, etc and honestly a lot of the time Fox seems the most neutral as far as Trump coverage.

It's like "Today, Trump did thing. Here's the video, click to watch Trump as he does his thing. Lots of people showed up too. Did you attend? Comment below."

Then over on CNN the same event is summed up as "Today, Trump hatefully attacked (whatever), here's an unflattering still frame from him speaking. Did we mention he's racist? Why go find the video when we've got these embedded tweets where he gets SLAMMED by Hollywood celebrities!"

Cosmug

Gay Niggers from Ultra Space
kiwifarms.net
I've never had cable, and haven't bothered with tv in years so my experience is mainly from following a few lolcows' antics across the Facebook pages of CNN, Fox, etc and honestly a lot of the time Fox seems the most neutral as far as Trump coverage.

It's like "Today, Trump did thing. Here's the video, click to watch Trump as he does his thing. Lots of people showed up too. Did you attend? Comment below."

Then over on CNN the same event is summed up as "Today, Trump hatefully attacked (whatever), here's an unflattering still frame from him speaking. Did we mention he's racist? Why go find the video when we've got these embedded tweets where he gets SLAMMED by Hollywood celebrities!"
2A4B9405-1039-4A09-A513-1344DA60447F.gif

The more grisly and terrible, the better it works as entertainment. The profit model of a “the end is nigh” sandwich board hawker.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
Another thing people are ignoring is beside the bias, fox has a much better track record of actually being correct. CNN has been pushing outright lies and distortions.

That hurts more than bias.
So basically when Fox was reporting on Obama they’d tell the truth on what Obama did or said and then go off on a “here’s why that makes him a Muslim commie traitor motherfucker” tangent? The actual facts of the story were true while they just covered it up with a shit load of opinions nobody needs? While CNN just straight up invents stuff Trump said or did?

If so fuck both of them but fuck cnn more then

The Fatriarchy

kiwifarms.net
What nobody has mentioned is that even during their heyday as the only cable news network CNN did sketchy shit.

Here's them covering the Persian Gulf war "live" from "Saudi Arabia" in 1990:
No, that was real. People have shown photos of the actual location this was filmed in front of.

edit: since at least one of you is apparently immune to facts.

Last edited:

The Pink Panther

Think Like Pink
kiwifarms.net
Fox News didn't always spend its time on Obama just like MSNBC (used to) didn't always spend its time on saying "MUH BAD BUSH". The news had more variety. From what I heard from Brian Stelter, they treat everything new that Trump does as part of reporting a "crisis", which is why it's 24/7 ORANGE MAN BAD. Fox News, during the Obama presidency, didn't do that with Obama, but they were heavily and negatively critical of Obama (though critical in some areas where they needed to be, other times for unnecessary catering tactics). Which is what tied people over. They didn't say Obama's presidency was the apocalypse. They just put his ass on a platter and panned him for being stupid.

They really do think that Drumpf 's presidency is the end of the world.

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino