Diseased Trump Derangement Syndrome - Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

Vorhtbame

Dame Pumpernickel the Crusty
kiwifarms.net
The Romans had really good ways to handle unwanted babies. They just left the newborns in the sewers. They believed they weren't actually people yet, and since Rome at the height of its power was so focused on self pleasure, there were tons of 'sacks of flesh, not people' to dump like shit into a literal sewer.
And one of the things they utterly hated Christians for was taking those newborns out of the sewers to (1) raise, or (2) comfort as they died from the horrible things helpless newborns would encounter in the sewers. How dare those Christians interfere with their right to dispose of unwanted offspring?

The times, they do not change.

Still, AOC running to social media to learn about them is indicative of how someone with an allegedly working brain ends up so stupid. She’s incurious, she’s never just asked a question about something and googled it.
I think it's perhaps a bit more sinister, but unconsciously so (because, again, she never questions): SJWs tend to regard social media as a hivemind. She was running to seek guidance from the Hive and demonstrate her belonging. "Gee whiz, I have had a Normal Experience (tm) that causes me to be Like Folks. Look at how Typical I am, how Normal!"

And, because she is so far removed from reality, she ends up instead demonstrating how privileged she has grown up--that she has never had to turn on the switches in the kitchen before.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
50th in the nation at what? I'm guessing "Siri, what is Louisiana ranked lowest in?" provided an answer but this NPC's attention span couldn't retain any more of it than the name of the org that had ranked it.
They were probably referring to this report by U.S. News. Given that the population of Louisiana is significantly black, I can't help but enjoy the irony in them taking a few cheap shots at the state. I've spent a significant amount of time in Louisiana recently though, and I can't say that I disagree with the report. It was a dreadful place with more potholes than roads and everyone was exceptionally rude, if you could even understand what they were saying in the first place.

I don't know if I'd rank it dead last but it definitely wasn't somewhere I'd want to hang around for an extended period.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
50th in the nation at what? I'm guessing "Siri, what is Louisiana ranked lowest in?" provided an answer but this NPC's attention span couldn't retain any more of it than the name of the org that had ranked it.
It's even funnier on the guy's blog watching some commentators argue that Shea isn't leftist.

This guy.
Screenshot_20190515-123057.jpg

At some point you wonder how thick their echo chamber is.

Iwasamwillbe

We are Legion. We are one.
kiwifarms.net
And one of the things they utterly hated Christians for was taking those newborns out of the sewers to (1) raise, or (2) comfort as they died from the horrible things helpless newborns would encounter in the sewers. How dare those Christians interfere with their right to dispose of unwanted offspring?

The times, they do not change.
It does make one wonder why so many historians consider pagan Ancient Rome to be a golden age of science, math, the arts, law, etc., compared to the Christian Medieval Europe.

Syaoran Li

Slum Lord of Pallet Town
kiwifarms.net
It does make one wonder why so many historians consider pagan Ancient Rome to be a golden age of science, math, the arts, law, etc., compared to the Christian Medieval Europe.
I blame the Protestant Reformation for this sentiment.

The medieval-era Roman Catholic Church was a staunch supporter of science, math, and the arts. Indeed, they were the vanguards of arts and sciences in Europe following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire.

However, the Protestant Reformation happened and while it originated as an attempt at merely addressing legit cases of financial corruption in the upper ranks of the Catholic clergy it quickly degenerated into developing these batshit insane conspiracy theories of "pagan survivals" and how the Catholic Church was somehow a direct continuation of Babylonian pagan mystery cults.

From there, the Protestants developed a strong anti-intellectual and anti-creative streak in their attempts to purge any supposed pagan elements from Christianity, including the scientific and artistic traditions of the Catholics

This was where you had nearly all of the witch trials in Europe and the Puritans lynching people for celebrating Christmas.

The Protestant tradition of anti-intellectualism and contempt for the arts and creativity became wrongfully attributed to Christianity as a whole because the Protestant churches became the most dominant Christian tradition in the Anglosphere barring Ireland and parts of the Scottish Highlands, where Catholicism had survived (albeit heavily restricted)

America was hit by this phenomenon even harder than the rest of the Anglosphere since the British Crown used the American colonies as a dumping ground for Protestant sects that were too batshit crazy even by their standards (such as the Puritans) and because our Constitution thankfully protects freedom of religion and a separation of church and state, there is this unintended side-effect of American culture starting their own spins on Protestant and Puritan traditions, with groups like the old Religious Right and guys like Jack Chick and Kent Hovind as descendants of that legacy.

Naturally, when college-educated intellectuals in the Anglosphere started to look back on history, it was with this misconception that the societal collapse of the so-called "Dark Ages" in Early Medieval Europe was due to the rise of Christianity and the demise of Greco-Roman paganism instead of the more realistic factors of the total collapse of the Roman economy and the Roman state that supported it.

This misconception is mainly because of the flawed assumption that medieval Catholicism was as searingly anti-intellectual and culturally bankrupt as the Protestants were and had the same drive to purge anything remotely pagan in nature, regardless of any merit said pagan ideas had on their own.

However, anyone with any real historical understanding knows that Catholics in Medieval Europe did not have the same views and beliefs as Puritans in Colonial New England, although the cultural inertia of Pagan Rome as the West's Golden Age and Medieval Christian Europe seen as the West's Dark Age is a very strong one due to the chaotic legacy of the Protestant Reformation.

The writings of Petrarch didn't help either. He was an Italian poet in the Renaissance who coined the term "Dark Ages" and really did believe that Classical Greece and Imperial Rome were a fabled Golden Age.

However, Petrarch was an eccentric weirdo and was probably the Late Medieval version of a hardcore weeaboo, only he was a weeb for the Roman Empire instead of Japan.

Iwasamwillbe

We are Legion. We are one.
kiwifarms.net
However, the Protestant Reformation happened and while it originated as an attempt at merely addressing legit cases of financial corruption in the upper ranks of the Catholic clergy
Not just that at all. At that point, the Catholic Church was not just corrupt financially, but corrupt period.

You had unabashed nepotism, popes basically declaring themselves rulers of Europe (like Pope Innocent III), suspect traditions not (explicitly) backed up by the Bible (looking at you Purgatory), constant power struggles with secular authorities (such as those between the Popes and Holy Roman Emperors), and a weird undercurrent of Marian deification that still persists to this day.

The Catholic Church viciously suppressed and persecuted "heresies", even when those "heresies" were explicitly based in scripture (like Arianism). This, combined with the doctrinally suspect nature of its extensive syncretism with pagan rites and rituals, gave the Catholic Church an element of hypocrisy to many a Protestant.

There was a reason that, even before the Protestant Reformation, certain Popes were considered the Antichrist by some groups, with the Catholic Church being the Whore of Babylon.

Last edited:

Vorhtbame

Dame Pumpernickel the Crusty
kiwifarms.net
Not just that at all. At that point, the Catholic Church was not just corrupt financially, but corrupt period.

You had unabashed nepotism, popes basically declaring themselves rulers of Europe (like Pope Innocent III), suspect traditions not (explicitly) backed up by the Bible (looking at you Purgatory), constant power struggles with secular authorities (such as those between the Popes and Holy Roman Emperor), and a weird undercurrent of Marian deification that still persists to this day.

There was a reason that, even before the Protestant Reformation, certain Popes were considered the Antichrist by some groups, with the Catholic Church being the Whore of Babylon.
This. It's easy for us to look back now and be all judgy--especially when our "enlightened secular society" apparently makes us better than those lowborn simpletons--but in the moment, Puritanical excesses weren't happening. All you had was a "church" that was in name only, compromising and even ignoring its own doctrine so as to consolidate more power and accumulate earthly wealth for a small group of self-declared princes, trading on a Renaissance that was, by that point, guttering like a spent candle.

This "church", I remind you, did love to punish people for disagreeing with it. Galileo was jailed for poking fun at the pope, not for declaring the earth round, after all.

Not to mention that the Reformation Protestants, in their turn, were at the mercy of "Enlightenment" historians and commentators, who were often ur-fedoralords themselves seeking to discredit anyone who was more than an agnostic (like themselves!).

And it's similarly easy for us to look back and be judgy of a group of people whose image in the American eye was 100% in the hands of a secular, biased, agenda-driven media--who are known for cherrypicking the craziest and most out-there people and presenting them as "leaders" of any movement that threatens the agenda.

potato fan

kiwifarms.net
Galileo was jailed for poking fun at the pope, not for declaring the earth round, after all.
it is debatable if he was really jailed or put on house arrest
true it was for dissing pope, but mind you this was early XVII century, you'd probably end up in dungeons for dissing lesser local ruler or governor
Not that Chatholic Church doesnt have many dark pages in it's history, but Galileo case is waaay overblown

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
All I know is I don’t want to live in a society where either the Catholic Church or the Puritans are in charge. Or Muslims, Buddhists, or Confuscists for that matter. It’s ridiculous to expect people not of a religion to live by the rules of that religion.

All I know is I don’t want to live in a society where either the Catholic Church or the Puritans are in charge. Or Muslims, Buddhists, or Confuscists for that matter. It’s ridiculous to expect people not of a religion to live by the rules of that religion.
Hmm.... I notice you left one ()())))group(((())))))))))) out of there... Almost like there's one particular religion you wouldn't mind living under.

I knew you were a mormon!

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
Hmm.... I notice you left one ()())))group(((())))))))))) out of there... Almost like there's one particular religion you wouldn't mind living under.

I knew you were a mormon!
*sips whiskey while masturbating* fuck, I’ve been found out

But seriously there simply aren’t enough Jews in the world for them forcibly forcing everybody to live by Jewish law to be realistic

*sips whiskey while masturbating* fuck, I’ve been found out

But seriously there simply aren’t enough Jews in the world for them forcibly forcing everybody to live by Jewish law to be realistic
I am not one of those people, I just saw an opportunity for a dumb joke and I think I took that opportunity by the horns and rode it into the sunset.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino