Diseased Trump Derangement Syndrome - Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net

Regret

kiwifarms.net
They were probably referring to this report by U.S. News. Given that the population of Louisiana is significantly black, I can't help but enjoy the irony in them taking a few cheap shots at the state. I've spent a significant amount of time in Louisiana recently though, and I can't say that I disagree with the report. It was a dreadful place with more potholes than roads and everyone was exceptionally rude, if you could even understand what they were saying in the first place.

I don't know if I'd rank it dead last but it definitely wasn't somewhere I'd want to hang around for an extended period.
You just visited the wrong area, is all.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
it is debatable if he was really jailed or put on house arrest
true it was for dissing pope, but mind you this was early XVII century, you'd probably end up in dungeons for dissing lesser local ruler or governor
Not that Chatholic Church doesnt have many dark pages in it's history, but Galileo case is waaay overblown
Yup. It didn't help that Galileo had a reputation somewhat akin to, oh, Vox fucking Day. He was well known for castigating those who disagreed with him, in particular referring to two well-known Jesuit astronomers as plagiarists and drunks.

But even then, it really wasn't pissing on the Pope that was the cause of Galileo's woes. Galileo had been friends with him prior to his ascension and it probably would've been brushed off... except for the vicious state of politics. Galileo's patron was the Medici family, and when he shot his mouth off with 'Simplicus', the Borgias took advantage to raise a stink over Galileo's 'heresy' -- all to give the Medicis a poke in the ribs.

Basil II

National Opthalmologist of Bulgaria
kiwifarms.net
Not just that at all. At that point, the Catholic Church was not just corrupt financially, but corrupt period.

You had unabashed nepotism, popes basically declaring themselves rulers of Europe (like Pope Innocent III), suspect traditions not (explicitly) backed up by the Bible (looking at you Purgatory), constant power struggles with secular authorities (such as those between the Popes and Holy Roman Emperors), and a weird undercurrent of Marian deification that still persists to this day.

The Catholic Church viciously suppressed and persecuted "heresies", even when those "heresies" were explicitly based in scripture (like Arianism). This, combined with the doctrinally suspect nature of its extensive syncretism with pagan rites and rituals, gave the Catholic Church an element of hypocrisy to many a Protestant.

There was a reason that, even before the Protestant Reformation, certain Popes were considered the Antichrist by some groups, with the Catholic Church being the Whore of Babylon.
even when those "heresies" were explicitly based in scripture (like Arianism)
this triggered me more than anything else in this thread.

Basil II

kiwifarms.net
Because Arianism is basically saying Jesus is just some loser that God wanted to be a prophet, literally every Christian denomination disagrees with this and the only Arian belief that survives today is fucking Islam.

Edit: Apparently Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses also share Arianistic tendencies. More proof of their ridiculousness tbh.

This copypasta meme summarizes it well.
A Vandal magister with known Arian tendencies was holding a symposium in honour of Demophilus, a known schismatic.
"Before the toasts begin, you must get on your knees and worship God and accept that he was the most divine entity the ecumene has ever known, even greater than Christus whom he created!"

At this moment, a venerable Praepositus Limitis who had served on the frontiers for decades and understood the necessity of taming the Barbaricum and fully supported the creed promulgated by the great Constantinus rose from his couch and held up a crucifix.

"Who does this represent?"

The Rhenian cur smirked quite devilishly and smugly replied "the created child of an indivisible God"

"You miss the point. Jesus Christ our Dominus is of the same substance as God and thus equal to Him."

The heretic was visibly shaken, and dropped his wine krater and copy of Eusebius' Onomastikon. He stormed out of the banquet hall crying those laetus crocodile tears. The same tears Donatists and Priscillians cry for the "poor" (who today are so holy that saints vie to kiss their feet) as they flee Roman territory to the outrage-committing Bacaudae in Armorica. There is no doubt that at this point the "learned" Vandal wished he had studied the work of the Holy Apostles and become more than a ludicrous teacher of rhetoric. He wished so much that he had a spatha to disembowel himself with due to the shame but he had sold all the city's arms for Gaiseric's ransom pay!

The partygoers politely clapped and all ceased their apostasy that day and accepted Jesus as the true Son of God. An divine light suddenly shone into the room and blazed upon the bust of Augustine and the statue wept miraculously. The Nicene Creed was recited, and Jesus Monogenes himself descended and banished the barbarians to the hellish wastes beyond the limes.

The magister lost his tongue and was castrated the following day. He was exiled to Troesmis, far from from God's Light.

Praise Jesus Consubstantialis.

Last edited:

Iwasamwillbe

We are Legion. We are one.
kiwifarms.net
Because Arianism is basically saying Jesus is just some loser that God wanted to be a prophet, literally every Christian denomination disagrees with this and the only Arian belief that survives today is fucking Islam.

Edit: Apparently Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses also share Arianistic tendencies. More proof of their ridiculousness tbh.

This copypasta meme summarizes it well.
Hey, I just said that Arianism was based in scripture, not that it was necessarily correct because of that, or that it was anything more than an interpretation.

Not to mention that "Jesus is just some loser that God wanted to be a prophet" is a straw man of Arianism anyway.

is a nontrinitarian[1] Christological doctrine[1][2][3] which asserts the belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who was begotten by God the Father at a point in time,[1] a creature distinct from the Father and is therefore subordinate to him, but the Son is also God (i.e. God the Son).[1][4]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism#cite_note-ehrmanblogariusalexander-4

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes sir!

You know, I’ve been trying to find if there’s any SJW sperg that has blamed Trump for Alabama banning abortion yet can’t find the right salt.
Just wait a little bit. This is the kind of crowd that could have a bird shit on their heads and swear that Donald Trump trained it to.

Basil II

kiwifarms.net
Hey, I just said that Arianism was based in scripture, not that it was necessarily correct because of that, or that it was anything more than an interpretation.

Not to mention that "Jesus is just some loser that God wanted to be a prophet" is a straw man of Arianism anyway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism#cite_note-ehrmanblogariusalexander-4
The problem with Arianism is it basically makes Christ's sacrifice meaningless, the whole point of Christianity is that God experienced the same pain and torture as mankind, but making Christ a completely seperate entity throws that out the window and makes everything pointless.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino