Plagued Trump Derangement Syndrome - Orange man bad. Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net

The Pink Panther

It eeez what it eeez
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not TDS, they've hated Bush since 2000.
They call it Bush Derangement Syndrome.

But in most areas, it's reasonable because Bush is a shitty president. But it's still mostly derangement when you're saying that Bush is literally Hitler and late-night shows constantly bashing the guy over and over. Not as bad Tramp, but still, it was just the same jokes over and over. Bush the country bumpkin, the country dumbass, the southern dumbass, over and over. Bush was a shitty president (he's somewhere around #6 or 7 in my all-time worst list), but the media was still in the same form back then as they are now.

Last edited:

Some Random Soul

Ain't it random tho?
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, I think there was more justification for hating Bush for the fuckups he was responsible for than bashing Trump at every corner.
That's a good point.

I realize it might not be TDS, but I only used the term since reactions like this to anyone affiliating with a Republican has become commonplace with "Orange Man Bad" Trump being in office. We wouldn't see any of this except anyone who's a Republican is now a xenophobic bigot or whatever because Trump ran as a candidate in that party.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net

But in most areas, it's reasonable because Bush is a shitty president. But it's still mostly derangement when you're saying that Bush is literally Hitler and late-night shows constantly bashing the guy over and over. Not as bad Tramp, but still, it was just the same jokes over and over. Bush the country bumpkin, the country dumbass, the southern dumbass, over and over. Bush was a shitty president (he's somewhere around #6 or 7 in my all-time worst list), but the media was still in the same form back then as they are now.
Bush was a mediocre president. The problem with Dubya was he came with a bunch of shitty cronies who were bought and paid for by various industries.

HumanHive

Human behavior is exceptional behavior.
kiwifarms.net

Don't forget "Bush the Theocrat". Idiots like the God Twitter guy are convinced the republicans are going to turn America into something out of the Handmaid's Tale - and yes, the book existed before the show.

software

It's a doggy dog world
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget "Bush the Theocrat". Idiots like the God Twitter guy are convinced the republicans are going to turn America into something out of the Handmaid's Tale - and yes, the book existed before the show.
It's worth noting though, that Bush was actually very religious. He didn't think he was worthy of running for office until he felt that God called on him to do so. He was certainly the subject of a lot of cynical hot takes, but I think it's also fair to say that he didn't have much respect for divorcing church/state.

The interesting thing though is that presidents have gotten a lot less religious over time outside of lip service. He and Carter are the only folks to hold that office in the last 40 years that seem to have a religion out of anything more than convenience.

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
No, it wasn't a huge hit; but it was reasonably well known among dystopia and alt-history circles. Same with Man in the High Castle. They wouldn't have gotten adaptations if they were flops.
Well I never heard of them until they were adapted into shows.

I don’t think though Handmaiden’s Tale wouldn’t have been a big hit of a show if it were release before the Trump era.

God I love seeing all of that out of state money go to waste instead of being used where it can actually make a difference.

Trump raised $125 million last quarter and almost everyone voting for him in Kentucky will also be voting for Mitch McConnell down ballot.
View attachment 966633
Suddenly Highlander the Quickening isn't the worst sequel anymore, for now we have BETO 2.

It's not TDS, they've hated Bush since 2000.
TDS has existed since Regan, it just wasn't ever a named disease until 2016

The Pink Panther

It eeez what it eeez
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TDS has existed since Regan
I wouldn't go that far, but how about we call it a general term: Political Derangement Syndrome. Wherein an opposing political side goes as far to demonize and slander the winning side for anything without any sort of basis in reality or rational thought whatsoever.

I wouldn't go that far, but how about we call it a general term: Political Derangement Syndrome. Wherein an opposing political side goes as far to demonize and slander the winning side for anything without any sort of basis in reality or rational thought whatsoever.
You can not like Regan, that is fine, but they were saying the exact things about "HE IS A CRAZY RETARD WHO WILL CAUSE WORLD WAR 3!" when he was in office.

The Pink Panther

It eeez what it eeez
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can not like Regan, that is fine, but they were saying the exact things about "HE IS A CRAZY exceptional individual WHO WILL CAUSE WORLD WAR 3!" when he was in office.
Really?

I wasn't around for it, but Ive never really seen this sort of Reagan Derangement Syndrome. The only times I hear of RDS is when my family complains about how Reagan is the antichrist for black people.