Diseased Trump Derangement Syndrome - Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

Matthew216

kiwifarms.net
That Hillary comic brings up another question.

Why does the left always deify their political leaders? They are the ones that put their figures on god-tier like pedestals: The Kennedys, The Clintons, The Obamas, Bernie, and I guess we can kind of put The Squad on that list now.

The only one on the right that I can think of that has a comparable level of devotion is Reagan, which honestly creeps me out as well. Other than that though, a lot of Republican supporters look at their guy as the best one for the job at that time, and that's about it. Even Trump is largely seen by his own side as the guy that pisses off the right people.

I guess that's a major difference in how the two sides see things. The Left generally seems to legitimately be looking for a superhero, someone who will descend from the heavens and pull them out of whatever trouble they are in and statues will be built in their honor, while the Right generally seems to look at it in terms of a job interview. Who is the best candidate and why?
P.J. O’Rourke once said that the desire to adore a head of state was a “grim transgression against Republicanism.”

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hah!
One notable and little-reported conclusion emerging from the House Democratic impeachment proceedings is a consensus among some foreign policy professionals that President Trump's Ukraine policy has been an improvement over President Barack Obama's.​
Wait wait wait, let me rephrase this for CNN and the like.
“Trump Attempts to Besmirch Obama’s Legacy in Regards to His Shady Dealings With Ukraine as Impechment Evidence Builds”

The Last Stand

We're back! Did you miss us?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
Hah!
One notable and little-reported conclusion emerging from the House Democratic impeachment proceedings is a consensus among some foreign policy professionals that President Trump's Ukraine policy has been an improvement over President Barack Obama's.​
Considering Obama's policy was "send John Kerry over to have meetings with neo-Nazi sympathizers", it wasn't hard to improve on it.

It needs to be brought up more often that Barack Obama, who campaigned on being a "global citizen" President that would make America loved in the world again, who would be better than Bush at foreign policy, absolutely sucked at foreign policy. A retrospective of his foreign failures was held off in all the furor over Trump being elected, but that record deserves mocking at every opportunity.

Never forget that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's great contribution to dealing with Russia and the Ukraine was a gimmicky "Reset Button". Really showed those Russian bots who was boss, didn't she?

Reset Button.jpg

(That's Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, 5 years before Russia annexed Crimea. She didn't even get the Russian translation of "reset" correct, inscribing the word for "overload" instead.)

Dom Cruise

too... many... books...
kiwifarms.net
That Hillary comic brings up another question.

Why does the left always deify their political leaders? They are the ones that put their figures on god-tier like pedestals: The Kennedys, The Clintons, The Obamas, Bernie, and I guess we can kind of put The Squad on that list now.

The only one on the right that I can think of that has a comparable level of devotion is Reagan, which honestly creeps me out as well. Other than that though, a lot of Republican supporters look at their guy as the best one for the job at that time, and that's about it. Even Trump is largely seen by his own side as the guy that pisses off the right people.

I guess that's a major difference in how the two sides see things. The Left generally seems to legitimately be looking for a superhero, someone who will descend from the heavens and pull them out of whatever trouble they are in and statues will be built in their honor, while the Right generally seems to look at it in terms of a job interview. Who is the best candidate and why?

Its just interesting. I find it funny though that the psychos on the Left love to call everyone that don't agree with them fascists, yet they are the ones that seem fine and cool with handing all power and authority to their own personally chosen demi-god.
Eh, Dubya had a pretty culty following among some as well.

Wanting to deify political leaders is just something I think a lot of people, left or right, do.

Dom Cruise

too... many... books...
kiwifarms.net
Oh dear, that is horrifying.

I guess we can chalk that up to me living in near DC around rabid lefties.
You should watch the whole documentary, it's fascinating stuff.

For as angry and disillusioned as I am with the left these days, it's important to remember that the right in the past could be pretty bizarre as well.

What we are really talking about is flaws in human nature, human beings inherently want to form groups, tribes, cults, "our team" vs "their team" that transcends the left/right dynamic.

What the 2010s has taught me is that the left are just susceptible to those behaviors as anyone else.

How mainstream were these Jesus Camp people anyway? I got the feeling at the time it was one of those LOL CHRISTIANITY IS STUPID HAHAHA FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER things
They're somewhat out there, not representative of all Evangelicals but still somewhat representative of a good chunk of Evangelical Christianity in America.

But it's not a great movie because it is manipulative in the way some things are edited or framed, for a much better, more down to Earth, less agitprop documentary about Evangelical Christianity in America check out the 2000 film Hell House.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
Eh, Dubya had a pretty culty following among some as well.

Wanting to deify political leaders is just something I think a lot of people, left or right, do.
The difference is those are the exception, while the flip side is the rule.

I mean Bush worshippers were mocked, Obama worshippers were given the desk job in front of news cameras.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino