Plagued Trump Derangement Syndrome - Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
What I find funny is how the woke crowd turned on her for not joining in their politics, with some people going so far as to accuse of her of being a white supremacist.
How much do you want to bet that they’ll now welcome her with open arms now that she’s “seen the light”?
The SJWs have largely accepted her for the most part, but mainly out of a spiteful "HAHA! Taylor's always been one of us!" form of bashing of the right. But some still are treating her as trying to cash in on the SJW trend after Reputation didn't pull in 1989 numbers and calling her a fake. Especially after You Need To Calm Down came out and the gays attacked her for extremely insincere pandering.

Gehenna

With every step, my Autism grows.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1109398
After a long evening of various house managers trying for sound bites and Schumer delaying with nonsense amendments, the rules were finally voted on and life moves on.
This has a bigger story hidden under the obvious story...

This means that every single Republican voted in lockstep with McConnel. That right there, that alone, damns the democrats. There was an outside chance that some Republicans would peel off. It was always astoundingly improbable that enough would peel off to give them the 2/3rd majority they needed to actually do anything, but there was still A chance.

That chance is now officially dead. Voting for these amendments would be easier than the final vote, you could justify them in a dozen ways each. Yet not a single person voted for it on the republican side.

SBG

kiwifarms.net
If they were working in lock step with McConnell then I'd imagine they would've gone with his proposal of trial arguments being done over 2 days rather than 3. What I'm interested in is what witnesses, if any, they use. Still have the whole matter of whether they'll fight to get Hunter Biden to testify or not and since McConnell had to bend to the moderates like Collins this could mean they'll hold off on justifying Trump wanting Biden investigated for corruption.

Also note, Collins did vote with the Democrats on one of Schumer's amendments even though it was doomed to fail. Bit of a symbolic show of a lack of solidarity with the Republicans.
Collins did break with Republicans on one amendment vote, joining with Democrats on the 10th amendment to allow the sides 24 hours to respond to the trial motions that are due Wednesday morning. It failed 52-48.
Edit:
Republicans are 100% united on wanting to keep Trump in office and they're 100% likely to do so. What's questionable is whether they'll go after possible corruption with USAID and Biden family shenanigans.

Most of the Republican senators seem to view Trump's framing of his phone call as 'perfect' or without issue as laughable, like Rand with his Christmas thread.

I suspect most of the Republicans will accept the Democrats'/medias' framing that having Biden investigated for corruption is wrong so they'll focus their arguments on there not being enough evidence to prove Trump was wanting an investigation that he clearly wanted. When what would be more effective for Trump's side politically would be to take the angle that it's perfectly normal for world leaders to make deals and for the president to want to stamp out corruption with the help of our allies, like Ukraine.

Last edited:

MsStevieMarie

Best in the world at what I do. (Nothing)
kiwifarms.net
Nothing says, you hate Trump more, than by going to jail for murder.
If the Dems had their way he'd still get a vote so he's basically registering as a Democrat voter.

To be fair, there is a lot of issues with regards to the potential real reason that Taylor was forced to go woke. She got led on by her longtime label, who backstabbed her by working with George fucking Soros and one of Taylor's mortal enemies, to sell her first seven albums masters to said mortal enemy. With Soros covering his tracks until it was outed, when said enemy started exploiting his ownership to ban Swift from performing her old songs live at an Awards ceremony honoring her as (IIRC) artist of the decade. Also using said ownership to meddle with said documentary by banning her from using said songs in it.

Also, she's trying to break into Hollywood and that means joining the anti-Trump brigade. And "Lovers" failed to match the sales of 1989 (or even Reputation), even with gay pandering and a video with her making out with a black guy. Which puts Taylor in a situation that is a kiss of death scenario; with record labels realizing that she peaked with 1989 and will only have repeated diminished returns from this point forward. Meaning she's no longer a queen bee type and will see labels basically fucking her over, withholding financial support for videos or touring and promotions and production in order to give those resources to newer artists. Meaning Taylor will have to go independent label-wise and self-finance everything she does from this point forward, which (best case scenario) means she'll be touring non-stop to keep her coffers full to pay for her shit going forward and having to jump from label to label, due to her being deemed "past her expiration date". Going woke might be forced upon her by her new label, who will continue to release her music and front her expenses and so forth in exchange for her spewing the anti-life equation.
I think there are only two kinds of people who have jumped hard on the anti-Trump train in Hollywood: Those on their way up and those on their way down.

Classic Four-Leaf

kiwifarms.net
The SJWs have largely accepted her for the most part, but mainly out of a spiteful "HAHA! Taylor's always been one of us!" form of bashing of the right. But some still are treating her as trying to cash in on the SJW trend after Reputation didn't pull in 1989 numbers and calling her a fake. Especially after You Need To Calm Down came out and the gays attacked her for extremely insincere pandering.
To be fair, Swift was likely leaning their way all along. She is part of Lena Dunham's social circle, after all. That she went full lefty isn't all that surprising in retrospect.

That being said, I don't see this helping her in the long run. Declining album sales are bad enough, but full alignment with the loony left is going to alienate a lot of her fans, assuming they're not jumping ship already. She may have just shot herself in both feet.

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
It's been speculated that McConnell wants a quick trial, with a summary acquittal-exoneration to end the debacle ASAP and doesn't share Trump's desire to go all "Sampson in the temple" on the left. The Democrats are going to go all in on crucifying the Senators up for election for acquitting Trump come November anyway, so McConnell would rather get the trial over with ASAP. Because they are going to be pillared anyway and better to just get the trial over with quick and move on with getting as much shit done as they can, in case worse case scenario happens and the left retakes the Senate.
I think you're right on the analysis, and I think Trump is right on the optics.

A quick acquittal gives the left a scapegoat for their failure: a stacked Senate. Trump wants to call some witness to give a devastating soundbite rebuttal that he can use, like the Ukranian ambassador coming in and saying "WTF guys there was never any quid quo pro, we were going to re-open the investigation all along".

That lets him claim the Democrats failed on the evidence, not on the politics. It's a stronger moral position, and it gives his followers something to shout back at the screeching autists on the IMPEACH NAOW side.

Parsnip_FitzGarlic

ask me about my fursonouns
kiwifarms.net

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whoa. That is a "Dean Scream" moment if I've ever seen one. Of course, Hillary slumping over and being tossed into the back of a van like a sack of potatoes should have been one too, so the impact is probably nil if the media favors the person.
Worst of all it seems to be contagious given this clip of Chuck Schumer shooing the Ghost of Jacob Marley out of his chair during the Impeachment trial

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
Well, with a mind as sound as that and a body in perfect health like his, who wouldn't want Biden as president?

Why, I'm certain he would last four years in a position as age-inducing as that. What could possibly go wrong?
That remains one of the most fascinating things to me about Trump's presidency. We've all seen how the office ages a man, even a single term having a pretty dramatic effect. Obama started going gray after just a couple years in office.

Meanwhile, Trump pretty much looks the same today as he did at his inauguration. He really seems to enjoy the job, going out and fighting with the Dems every day, shitposting on the world stage, and getting shit done.

I cropped this from a Reddit meme because it was a decent illustration of how previous presidents have aged (the "punchline" was the American public going from normal to skeletons after four years of Trump, haw haw upvoted):
1579733171344.png

I saw another one where a hypothetical President Bernie turned into a skeleton, which made me chuckle.

Point is, I don't see any of the Dem frontrunners having near as much vitality. The candidate that seems the strongest is usually the one that wins, and none of them holds a candle to Trump in that regard. Remember how many rallies a day he was running towards the end of his campaign? I can see him doing as many this time around, if not more.

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
kiwifarms.net
That remains one of the most fascinating things to me about Trump's presidency. We've all seen how the office ages a man, even a single term having a pretty dramatic effect. Obama started going gray after just a couple years in office.

Meanwhile, Trump pretty much looks the same today as he did at his inauguration. He really seems to enjoy the job, going out and fighting with the Dems every day, shitposting on the world stage, and getting shit done.

I cropped this from a Reddit meme because it was a decent illustration of how previous presidents have aged (the "punchline" was the American public going from normal to skeletons after four years of Trump, haw haw upvoted):
View attachment 1110305

I saw another one where a hypothetical President Bernie turned into a skeleton, which made me chuckle.

Point is, I don't see any of the Dem frontrunners having near as much vitality. The candidate that seems the strongest is usually the one that wins, and none of them holds a candle to Trump in that regard. Remember how many rallies a day he was running towards the end of his campaign? I can see him doing as many this time around, if not more.
I noticed that too. And while Dubya arguably was put under enormous strain ('cause, you know, someone did something on September 2001), it's a lot harder to tell what excuse Clinton and Obama have.

I think that infuriates some of the faggots infesting DC. Not only do they have to deal with this businessman in the White House, but all the clamor and battle doesn't seem to affect him. It's like a line from some schlock SyFy movie: 'Impossible! Our laser fire is only making him stronger!!'

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1110305

Maybe that goofy quip he made about exercise draining your lifetime energy supply wasn't quite so goofy after all...

Markorian

kiwifarms.net
Maybe that goofy quip he made about exercise draining your lifetime energy supply wasn't quite so goofy after all...
I mean, this isn't really what it means, but just about every species of mammal has the exact same number of average heartbeats in a lifetime.