Plagued Trump Derangement Syndrome - Orange man bad. Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

AprilRains

Drowning Pumpkin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree. Stupidity crosses political barriers; academia is where you find the left wing idiots, and to find the right wing idiots you look on sites like this.
The day before yesterday, I'd have bitten your head off for that comment. Then I saw someone try to justify the lynching of Emmett Till.

Not all right wing people here are idiots, and we do have some prize-winning idiot lefties, but Lord God do we have right-wing morons.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
The dumbest thing about this Russia bounty story is that the people yapping about obviously it have no idea how the military or intel actually work. They're all like 'Hurr, Drumpf is too lazy to read the brief!'

Anything as important as what they claim it to be is not going to just get slid into a paragraph of a written brief and forgotten like that. It would get briefed by actual persons with a PowerPoint presentation in a room full of people. And there would be updates following up.

What they are claiming happened is the equivalent of your doctor giving you a copy of some test results and they buried a line in there saying 'Oh, by the way, we found cancer in your lungs' and that's the only mention they ever make. It's completely absurd.

Pointless Pedant

Waiting in queue for 2b2t
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The day before yesterday, I'd have bitten your head off for that comment. Then I saw someone try to justify the lynching of Emmett Till.

Not all right wing people here are idiots, and we do have some prize-winning idiot lefties, but Lord God do we have right-wing morons.
I was mostly talking about those weirdos obsessed with whether Italians or Irish or whoever are "white" or not for their ethnostate like it's still 1900. Who even cares?

SBG

kiwifarms.net
The problem with US politics is that it has become so bitterly polarised that people take adversarial stances on pretty much everything. The ultimate was when Reddit went from calling anti-lockdown demonstrations domestic terrorism to cheering on rampant destruction of property within a month. Countries like Japan and Romania which had very few deaths from the virus don't have these colossal polarsation issues pushing the country towards the edge of civil war.
It's kinda nuts how we can get to a point where we have people arguing in favor of shooting a drunk guy in the back to apprehend him and saying it's ridiculous to think that's a sad thing. I get that he used a taser so the cop probably wasn't thinking straight, but it's weird we're at a point where daring say the event was bad would bring on condemnation.

JohnDoe

If you loot, then I shoot!
kiwifarms.net
It's kinda nuts how we can get to a point where we have people arguing in favor of shooting a drunk guy in the back to apprehend him and saying it's ridiculous to think that's a sad thing
It's sad that our police get attacked and nearly murdered while trying to keep us safe from drunk driving child abusers, yes.

Flexo

Drunk posting normal. Beware sober posting.
kiwifarms.net
Academics are often bafflingly stupid, though this isn't always necessarily left wing, just predominantly. A few years ago anarcho-capitalism had a strange degree of following with a few educated people despite the fact it blatantly doesn't work (good luck making a country with no army and no borders), resulting in stupidity like Galt's Gulch Chile. Fortunately that has largely faded away now, but I had someone with postgraduate education tell me that he used to be an anarcho capitalist before he realised that having a lawless, borderless waste for a society possibly wasn't the best idea.
The first challenge of every political philosophy and society organizing principle is "what do you do about bad actors?"

ancap and communism will all work totally great - as long as everybody buys into it and there's no diversions.

Conversely, say what you will, capitalism can work just fine chugging along even if a substantial number of people want to go off and be communists on a little farm or something.

Trust no idea that can't give you an answer to that question - or the answer is a reeducation camp.

I get there was more to the story, but the basic idea that it looks bad to shoot a guy that's trying to run off in the back kinda seems reasonable to me.
Even if the guy running away was carrying someone else's child? Or a bomb?

Last edited:

McGregor

kiwifarms.net
I get there was more to the story, but the basic idea that it looks bad to shoot a guy that's trying to run off in the back kinda seems reasonable to me.
So you let the raging drunk guy whose already assaulted two cops and seized a tazer run. Are the officers responsible for any damage done should he decide to car jack someone? What if he runs into a mall cop or even another group of cops, tazes one and gets a more lethal weapon? Are the cops responsible for that? The guy was a clear and present threat to the lives of the officers and public safety. Near as I can tell they did what anyone would have in the same circumstances, cop or just a guy who watched his friend get suplexed into the sidewalk.

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
100% unless it is a hard sciences degree then its like 60%.
I have never met a population that delights in ignorance like PHDs do. If its not relevant/releated to their experiece of study, it is simply not worth knowing. Knowing that sort of thing is for doctorate students and post-docs, not for me as a professor/researcher.
Remember most initial cult members are college educated with PHD's

That was religion at its peak, Nietche was right, science killed god and society couldn't deal with the harsh truth so we substituted it with petty politics. whicever faggot said WW3 was gonna be a war of ideas was right too

Nietche was right that we killed god but it wasn't science, it was years of degrading christians and promoting hedonistic lifestyles. Fundies freaking out over pokemon did far more to destroy the faith than the mass education of evolution. Shit Intelligent designed can be warped to mean god designed the concept of evolution and it was his way of creating life. '

Last edited:

SBG

kiwifarms.net
So you let the raging drunk guy whose already assaulted two cops and seized a tazer run. Are the officers responsible for any damage done should he decide to car jack someone? What if he runs into a mall cop or even another group of cops, tazes one and gets a more lethal weapon? Are the cops responsible for that? The guy was a clear and present threat to the lives of the officers and public safety. Near as I can tell they did what anyone would have in the same circumstances, cop or just a guy who watched his friend get suplexed into the sidewalk.
I don't think the cop acted that strangely given the circumstances, but I do think it at least looks bad to shoot a guy in the back. I'm not even sure the bill the guy proposed would allow you to sue the cop in that situation.

But qualified immunity is kinda fucked up when it lets cops get away with stealing $225k or assault and arrest a guy for standing outside his home. And all this while Democrats and even Justin Amash that already have introduced bills to do away with qualified immunity completely, unlike the Braun bill that just does away with it in areas where there were not doing their job.

• Autistic
Reactions: Saints Suck

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think the cop acted that strangely given the circumstances, but I do think it at least looks bad to shoot a guy in the back. I'm not even sure the bill the guy proposed would allow you to sue the cop in that situation.

But qualified immunity is kinda fucked up when it lets cops get away with stealing $225k or assault and arrest a guy for standing outside his home. And all this while Democrats and even Justin Amash that already have introduced bills to do away with qualified immunity completely, unlike the Braun bill that just does away with it in areas where there were not doing their job.
Yeah, and that's the sad thing most people we initially with george floyd and for police reform, the issue is the left took it way to far and now we have to stand our ground defend all cops and avoid necessary reform because left leaning politicians will use the opportunity to de fund if not remove the police. It's the same reason sentiment changed from george floyd was innocent to he's a fucking thug and the likes of tazer thug, don't remember his name, get shot down. If we don't they become a tool to use to chip away at what little freedom we have left.

Private Pyle

Sir, does this mean that Ann-Margret's not coming?
kiwifarms.net

Yeah this site is home to some seriously shitty people. Hopefully whatever happens July 1st will clean up the right wing nonsense

McGregor

kiwifarms.net

I'm not sure your getting this: there isn't a reason to sue those cops. They performed their duties to what I assume was the best of their abilities. Creating a bill to open the flood gates to civil litigation against cops who are doing their duties is retarded and seems to be what you want. It is not a virtue to find a better way to do bad things. It is actually easily arguable that shooting that man in the back was an act of harm reduction in both lives and property. Drunk driving a carjacked vehicle in a cop chase sounds a little... reckless... And like a potential outcome.

SBG

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure your getting this: there isn't a reason to sue those cops. They performed their duties to what I assume was the best of their abilities. Creating a bill to open the flood gates to civil litigation against cops who are doing their duties is retarded and seems to be what you want. It is not a virtue to find a better way to do bad things. It is actually easily arguable that shooting that man in the back was an act of harm reduction in both lives and property. Drunk driving a carjacked vehicle in a cop chase sounds a little... reckless... And like a potential outcome.
The bill applies to those "not doing their duties", in which case the cops shooting the drunk guy couldn't sue, because they were doing their duty.

McGregor

kiwifarms.net
The bill applies to those "not doing their duties", in which case the cops shooting the drunk guy couldn't sue, because they were doing their duty.
Perhaps it was this particular bit of phrasing that threw me: " I'm not even sure the bill the guy proposed would allow you to sue the cop in that situation." It seemed as though you thought perhaps it should, more then were concerned that it might. I'd like to be sure that cops aren't held personally civilly liable for actions that are lawful and commiserate with the execution of their duties. That seems at least a little important. Plenty of room to discuss how to balance that with the need for accountability for unlawful actions of course.