Plagued Trump Derangement Syndrome - Orange man bad. Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

McGregor

kiwifarms.net
The bill applies to those "not doing their duties", in which case the cops shooting the drunk guy couldn't sue, because they were doing their duty.
Perhaps it was this particular bit of phrasing that threw me: " I'm not even sure the bill the guy proposed would allow you to sue the cop in that situation." It seemed as though you thought perhaps it should, more then were concerned that it might. I'd like to be sure that cops aren't held personally civilly liable for actions that are lawful and commiserate with the execution of their duties. That seems at least a little important. Plenty of room to discuss how to balance that with the need for accountability for unlawful actions of course.

Flexo

Drunk posting normal. Beware sober posting.
kiwifarms.net
Better the devil you know. As bad as the left can be, the right is even worse. Case in point; defending Emmet Till’s murder.
Dunno what you mean, robots are still trying to beat the high score communism racked up.

And there are still professional institutions willing to defend it (like the NY Times) unlike some rando on a comment board who still had other randos argue with him.

Me thinks you need to recalibrate your threat meter.

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net
So you let the raging drunk guy whose already assaulted two cops and seized a tazer run. Are the officers responsible for any damage done should he decide to car jack someone? What if he runs into a mall cop or even another group of cops, tazes one and gets a more lethal weapon? Are the cops responsible for that? The guy was a clear and present threat to the lives of the officers and public safety. Near as I can tell they did what anyone would have in the same circumstances, cop or just a guy who watched his friend get suplexed into the sidewalk.
Don't forget, he also fired the stolen TASER at the police officers. Nothing the man did after the officers attempted to handcuff him was acceptable and it was a constant escalation from there on out.

The rules are really simple: listen to the officers and don't beat them up and steal their weapons. These two officers were already operating post-Floyd so they were clearly trying their best. Nothing about their demeanor indicated they were going to lynch the man and make an example out of him for their local Klan leader. They spent 40 minutes talking with him and it only went bad after the drunk decided he didn't want to be responsible for driving drunk and falling asleep behind the wheel of a vehicle in traffic.

JohnDoe

If you loot, then I shoot!
kiwifarms.net
These two officers were already operating post-Floyd so they were clearly trying their best...
Ironically the Atlanta department was considered a poster child for police reform, having spent years implementing strict training requirements for descelation, guidelines in use of force, community outreach, just about every woke liberal demand of the last 30 years. Through the entire affair the cops are polite and restrained, taking almost thirty minutes before they even mention arrest. Even when attacked they are very shy about using their tasers, they don't use any strikes or neck holds even while getting punched in the face and bodyslammed.

It isn't until the suspect has fought free, taken a weapon, and aimed a gun-like object at the officers that they resort to deadly force.

These officers went above and beyond, they are sterling examples of what the liberals claim they want police to be.

Those claims are lies, and we see that in the officers being charged with murder, the city government attacking them with the media's help, and naturally the unending riots. They don't want police reform, they just want crime to have no consequence for blacks. Full stop.

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net

SBG

kiwifarms.net
Perhaps it was this particular bit of phrasing that threw me: " I'm not even sure the bill the guy proposed would allow you to sue the cop in that situation." It seemed as though you thought perhaps it should, more then were concerned that it might. I'd like to be sure that cops aren't held personally civilly liable for actions that are lawful and commiserate with the execution of their duties. That seems at least a little important. Plenty of room to discuss how to balance that with the need for accountability for unlawful actions of course.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Personally I think Braun was wanting to do exactly what you're saying right here, but by saying Black Lives Matter and that this death was tragic it has a bunch of people seeing red and ignoring what was even in his bill.

AprilRains

Drowning Pumpkin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Never said it didn’t. They can be just as bad
That's a really dumb lie. You just posted this!

As bad as the left can be, the right is even worse.
Lie to me, by all means, but lie to me with respect! Who are you saving your good lies for? @AnOminous ? You think I'm Montel Williams and you're saving the good stuff for Larry King?

I am not Montel Williams.

I AM NOT MONTEL WILLIAMS!

MsStevieMarie

Mmm... Bigot sandwich *drools*
kiwifarms.net
Oh wow. :story:

I saw Trump on Twitter last night bragging about how good the numbers from his internal polls are. With this onslaught of stories trying to demotivate Trump's base this week I can only assume the numbers Biden's camp is getting must be horrible. But it's ok, we can just dangle some car keys in front of Biden and he'll forget all his troubles.

The Last Stand

Kiwi Farms Popularity Judge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get there was more to the story, but the basic idea that it looks bad to shoot a guy that's trying to run off in the back kinda seems reasonable to me.
Are you talking about the Atlanta Wendy's incident?

It wasn't just "shot in the back," he broke off a tackle, took the officer's Tazer, fired it to them, THEN they opened fire as he was running.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget, he also fired the stolen TASER at the police officers. Nothing the man did after the officers attempted to handcuff him was acceptable and it was a constant escalation from there on out.
There's a reason I had no sympathy when they gunned him down like the stupid fuck he was. I saw the footage; he got the first cop in the chest with a taser after fighting them off and taking it. He deserved getting shot in the back, since that shit (the taser) can kill you. It tries not to, but any current to the heart can break your pacemaker and make your heart quiver and fail.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh wow. :story:

I saw Trump on Twitter last night bragging about how good the numbers from his internal polls are. With this onslaught of stories trying to demotivate Trump's base this week I can only assume the numbers Biden's camp is getting must be horrible. But it's ok, we can just dangle some car keys in front of Biden and he'll forget all his troubles.
Or they'll just keep him in his basement full of child manniquins as the staffers who pretend to be him online spend hours trying to find a way to own Orange Man. Probably with words that Biden would never use or understand.