Plagued Trump Derangement Syndrome - Orange man bad. Read the OP! (ᴛʜɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴡɪ ғᴀʀᴍs ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡs ɴᴏᴡ)

I-chi

Screaming Manchild Assassin
They're more likely than not going to cheat again. I appreciate your optimism, but I personally don't think so.

Future's never quite written in stone, friend. I'm not speaking in terms of him trying to run again, but more so that they ain't gonna retain his base with this bullshit. Everybody is more than aware of their traitorous crap; so they can either let in another populist or fracture and die.

Reserve the rainbows for hopes of that happening to the progs, because Joe is not going to give them their pound of flesh and many of them are more than aware of it. After a year of being propped up and championed, I wonder if they're half the revolutionaries they claim to be or if they'll be good, little, bootlickers.

haurchefant

a smile better suits a hero
A day or two ago I read he was trying to get Senators to vote to censure Trump but not for impeachment. Basically he's triangulating hard trying to figure out how to remain in good graces with the uniparty but not totally collapse the Republicans.

Honestly considering how many enraged people there are there's the possibility of the Republican party collapsing, especially since unregulated bankers and payment processors just need to run up a list of "everyone who donated to Trump" and steal their money from those bank accounts as well as disabling their credit lines and online payment abilities. And if they do that, then a gigantic portion of the base can't even donate to campaigns which is money that Republicans count on. Considering how many company donors are deserting the Republican party as we speak, that would not bode well for the Rs political future once they can't secure funding.

I am not at all sure that this would actually happen and of course I hope it doesn't but it seems a lot more likely now then it did last week. And that's not even counting the number of people who are ready to just walk from the two party system entirely. It is impossible to say that there's a majority of people willing to do so, and it's impossible to say that a third party is viable - traditional wisdom is that it would not, and I believe this to be true barring some kind of insane political collapse much bigger than what's happening right now.

The point being that uh, Mitch McConnell has done more to damage the entire Republican party and its political candidates in the last few weeks than the Democrats have done in a few years. Usually attacks by Democrats energize the base, but this time the wound is completely self inflicted. Good for him if he's spoking the wheel of impeachment but for many Trump supporters it's too little too late. The Republican party, as represented by Senators and Representatives up on the Hill, is permanently stained and there is no going back. The hits will not stop coming, their base is deserting them for their perceived betrayal (honestly I can see why the Rs acted the way they did but it was shortsighted and retarded at best), and if their funding is destroyed then, well.... I hope the 30 pieces of silver were worth it Cocaine Mitch.

Screenshot_2021-01-13 Charlie Adler on Twitter(1).png

Honestly considering how many enraged people there are there's the possibility of the Republican party collapsing, especially since unregulated bankers and payment processors just need to run up a list of "everyone who donated to Trump" and steal their money from those bank accounts as well as disabling their credit lines and online payment abilities. And if they do that, then a gigantic portion of the base can't even donate to campaigns which is money that Republicans count on. Considering how many company donors are deserting the Republican party as we speak, that would not bode well for the Rs political future once they can't secure funding.

I am not at all sure that this would actually happen and of course I hope it doesn't but it seems a lot more likely now then it did last week. And that's not even counting the number of people who are ready to just walk from the two party system entirely. It is impossible to say that there's a majority of people willing to do so, and it's impossible to say that a third party is viable - traditional wisdom is that it would not, and I believe this to be true barring some kind of insane political collapse much bigger than what's happening right now.

The point being that uh, Mitch McConnell has done more to damage the entire Republican party and its political candidates in the last few weeks than the Democrats have done in a few years. Usually attacks by Democrats energize the base, but this time the wound is completely self inflicted. Good for him if he's spoking the wheel of impeachment but for many Trump supporters it's too little too late. The Republican party, as represented by Senators and Representatives up on the Hill, is permanently stained and there is no going back. The hits will not stop coming, their base is deserting them for their perceived betrayal (honestly I can see why the Rs acted the way they did but it was shortsighted and retarded at best), and if their funding is destroyed then, well.... I hope the 30 pieces of silver were worth it Cocaine Mitch.
I don't normally traffic in doomerism and despite not being particularly happy about November I still thought the Republican Party would be able to rebuild and position themselves well for 2022 and 2024 if they played their cards right. But frankly de facto Democrat one party rule does seem more likely now than ever before after last week. You may or may not consider this to be a good thing off of how useless the Republicans have been anyway and the self-owns McConnell continues to inflict on it but all we have to do is look at California to see that it can just keep getting worse and worse once Democrats firmly dominate the government.

haurchefant

I don't normally traffic in doomerism and despite not being particularly happy about November I still thought the Republican Party would be able to rebuild and position themselves well for 2022 and 2024 if they played their cards right. But frankly de facto Democrat one party rule does seem more likely now than ever before after last week. You may or may not consider this to be a good thing off of how useless the Republicans have been anyway and the self-owns McConnell continues to inflict on it but all we have to do is look at California to see that it can just keep getting worse and worse once Democrats firmly dominate the government.

Agreed honestly. There is really no telling where this will go, either the GOP will survive or it will not. The last time the US was primed for a big political realignment on this scale was when the Whigs collapsed and were replaced by the GOP. It has happened before, it could very well happen again.

If nothing else all of these shenanigans confirm what we knew to be true: the politicians on the Hill are much more likely to work together, and it's because they have a mutual self interest in keeping their gravy train flowing, however anyone wants to define that. What is eye opening is just how far down the corruption goes and how rare it is to find politicians willing to stand up. There are only a handful of people in Congress right now that are actually taking a stand though certainly we can't pretend they're trustworthy.

On the other hand, well, maybe it's needed. Liberalism has been well contained in shithole states like California, once it spreads to the rest of the US then the yuppies and city slickers are in for a hell of a ride as they see their dreams collapse into ash after we go the way of the California model. Everyone else who sees it coming will need to HTFU.

This sucks man, I'm proposing to my girlfriend this year but instead they're doing this shit to us.

Bad_Guys_are_Good4EVER

Did you say...Did you say..."BEAVER!?"
Agreed honestly. There is really no telling where this will go, either the GOP will survive or it will not. The last time the US was primed for a big political realignment on this scale was when the Whigs collapsed and were replaced by the GOP. It has happened before, it could very well happen again.

If nothing else all of these shenanigans confirm what we knew to be true: the politicians on the Hill are much more likely to work together, and it's because they have a mutual self interest in keeping their gravy train flowing, however anyone wants to define that. What is eye opening is just how far down the corruption goes and how rare it is to find politicians willing to stand up. There are only a handful of people in Congress right now that are actually taking a stand though certainly we can't pretend they're trustworthy.

On the other hand, well, maybe it's needed. Liberalism has been well contained in shithole states like California, once it spreads to the rest of the US then the yuppies and city slickers are in for a hell of a ride as they see their dreams collapse into ash after we go the way of the California model. Everyone else who sees it coming will need to HTFU.

This sucks man, I'm proposing to my girlfriend this year but instead they're doing this shit to us.

The problem with the GOP is that they allowed themselves to be influenced by outside groups. It doesn't help that most Republicans right now are super flaky and have no backbone in standing up for what is right.

The fact that people are praising the Democrats impeaching Trump and praising Twitter in banning Conservative voices, is really concerning since this goes against the first amendment. But fuck being considerate towards other people, cause if you aren't with us we'll kill you.

haurchefant

The problem with the GOP is that they allowed themselves to be influenced by outside groups. It doesn't help that most Republicans right now are super flaky and have no backbone in standing up for what is right.

The fact that people are praising the Democrats impeaching Trump and praising Twitter in banning Conservative voices, is really concerning since this goes against the first amendment. But fuck being considerate towards other people, cause if you aren't with us we'll kill you.

It goes beyond concerning bro, it's the first lightest wave of political oppression that they're trying to rain down. They're sending a warning to anyone like Trump who might want to make waves if they have sufficient means, they think they're intimidating his supporters, and the GOP thinks they'll get the suburbs back/will get to flip elections their way with Dominion machines if they comply. Then they get access to that sweet committee money.

It's done dude, it's over, America is dead. The way forward for a free people to live without fear of tyranny is going to be a lot more fraught from here on out.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer

I'm pretty sure if no viable 3rd party emerged after the travesty of the 2008/9 recession, its not going to happen now either.

Look at this guy, marrying a woman. What a fag.