Plagued Trump Enslavement Syndrome - Orange man good. /r/The_Donald and any public demonstration of rabid pro-Trump enthusiasm in spite of all reason.

Does /r/The_Donald deserve it?

• Total voters

MarineTrainedTard

You got the COVID! Coronavirus, big time!
kiwifarms.net
I felt this needed to be archived for science or whatever.

From that site:

Risa Holland of Wichita, Kan., shouts, "Eight more years" as she and other Trump supporters line up and camp in downtown
Not sure if ignorant, or just hates the Constitution (I know the actual answer is probably she's exaggerating)

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Mad Asshatter

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
He seems like the kind of guy who would recoil in horror and shit himself at the mere possibility of a slap in the face. Dude is a giant pussy.
I didn't say that Mitch would take part directly.But the prospect of safely guiding such a war from a distance probably doesn't bother him.Its weird to think that once upon a time leaders were expected to lead men in battle.There are many kings who died in combat but these days the politicians have steadily added layers of protection and avoid any risk whatsoever.

• Agree
Reactions: Stay safe

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
I agree, Trump is poised to lose this election handily, but then the Dems once again are trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by nominating grandpa fuckin' Joe Biden.

Like I said, I absolutely would not bet on Trump winning this election, but I wouldn't bet against it either.
Letting people riot and burn shit in the middle of a pandemic after enforcing draconian lockdowns doesn't help either.

The Dems have lost the right to bitch about how Trump's handled this after that stunt.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
Letting people riot and burn shit in the middle of a pandemic after enforcing draconian lockdowns doesn't help either.

The Dems have lost the right to bitch about how Trump's handled this after that stunt.
The lockdowns weren't that draconian.You want draconian go to China.Heck even Europe was far more extensive in its quarantine measures.Of course most european countries reacted to the pandemic applying the 1939 thinking.They simply took their emergency war powers and applied them to a pandemic.In the US the answer was haphazard,chaotic contradictory with cities and states applying different restrictions.Europe usually had a pretty effective rulebook for emergencies this is partially because Europe has the memory of two world wars.So its not only more clarified what must be done when it hits the fan but the populace is usually more willing to comply.'grandpa told me stories of the war you couldn't go out at night everyone was scared'.The popular memory of WW2 in the US especially in recent decades has focused on the fighting but very little on the actual restrictions in place on the homefront.Most americans forget that during WW2 the government was basically controlling everything there really wasn't a market economy in the true sense of the word anymore.That aspect has been largely forgotten.In Europe people know what to do when times are tough because the popular memory has focused on that aspect.Europeans rarely talk about the fighting in anything approaching positive terms even in Russia the war is still remembered for what it was.Saving private Ryan despite being a gritty war movie is still somewhat glorified compared to your average european movie about WW2.If people are conditioned by pop culture to expect superheroes to save them when times are tough they may not be willing to accept restrictions when they become tough in real life.Yes pop culture doesn't drive people but it does influence their worldview especially if its repeated over and over again.

Last edited:

The Last Stand

13 - Joan Crawford Special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Agree
Reactions: Mrs Paul

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
The lockdowns weren't that draconian.You want draconian go to China.Heck even Europe was far more extensive in its quarantine measures.Of course most european countries reacted to the pandemic applying the 1939 thinking.They simply took their emergency war powers and applied them to a pandemic.In the US the answer was haphazard,chaotic contradictory with cities and states applying different restrictions.Europe usually had a pretty effective rulebook for emergencies this is partially because Europe has the memory of two world wars.So its not only more clarified what must be done when it hits the fan but the populace is usually more willing to comply.'grandpa told me stories of the war you couldn't go out at night everyone was scared'.The popular memory of WW2 in the US especially in recent decades has focused on the fighting but very little on the actual restrictions in place on the homefront.Most americans forget that during WW2 the government was basically controlling everything there really wasn't a market economy in the true sense of the word anymore.That aspect has been largely forgotten.In Europe people know what to do when times are tough because the popular memory has focused on that aspect.Europeans rarely talk about the fighting in anything approaching positive terms even in Russia the war is still remembered for what it was.Saving private Ryan despite being a gritty war movie is still somewhat glorified compared to your average european movie about WW2.If people are conditioned by pop culture to expect superheroes to save them when times are tough they may not be willing to accept restrictions when they become tough in real life.Yes pop culture doesn't drive people but it does influence their worldview especially if its repeated over and over again.
Whether you agreed with the lockdowns or not isn't the problem.

If the Dems had been consistent and kept everything locked down and the pandemic worsened they could have said they went with the unpopular hard but right choice while Trump was more worried about the election.

But since they let their cities burn because a cop killed a black dude they've lost that.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whether you agreed with the lockdowns or not isn't the problem.

If the Dems had been consistent and kept everything locked down and the pandemic worsened they could have said they went with the unpopular hard but right choice while Trump was more worried about the election.

But since they let their cities burn because a cop killed a black dude they've lost that.
The riots happened after most states were already reopened.

I am sure the Democrats will lose because they are the best at losing elections they should win (see: 2016, 2004), though.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net

I am sure the Democrats will lose because they are the best at losing elections they should win (see: 2016, 2004), though.
The dems lost in 2004 because Bush 2 had a very simple re-election platform:9/11.His entire platform was 'because of me no 2nd 9/11'.That worked at the time despite Irak becoming the mess it became.If anything Irak becoming the mess only further solidified such attitudes since the perception was 'we're fighting them there so we don't fight them here'.Of course the obvious 'but Irak was a war of choice' didn't get as much airtime.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net

Not in Michigan. There was full court press against the actual peaceful protesters (white people marching with unloaded firearms in Lansing), and then the governor decided to march with the BLM people while police were still being sent to break up church gatherings.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Darwin Awards in action. I hear people had to sign a waiver saying they wouldn't sue if they caught the virus at the rally. Clever.
I won't post the whole article, but this is what I found regarding the rally.

Trump departs White House for Tulsa
President Donald Trump called the crowds gathering for his high stakes rally in Tulsa "unbelievable" as he departed the White House on Saturday, but didn’t respond to shouted questions about the six staffers on his campaign who have tested positive for coronavirus.

"The event in Oklahoma is unbelievable. The crowds are unbelievable," Trump said, umbrella in hand, before boarding Marine One to begin his journey to Tulsa. "We're going to see a lot of great people...and pretty much that's it."

902334cf-f2a0-4ec3-a4f6-9123ec4a8f16-Trump_Tulsa_1.jpg

Supporters have been gathering for days outside the 19,000-seat BOK Center for the rally, which marks Trump’s return to the campaign trail after a three-month hiatus because of the pandemic. Public health officials have raised concerns about the event, perhaps the largest indoor gathering in the U.S. since the virus hit.

Trump did not address reports that six staffers working to organize the rally had tested positive for the virus and are now in quarantine. The campaign has said those staffers will not attend the event.

"See you in Oklahoma," he said.

– John Fritze

Six Trump advance staff test positive for coronavirus
Six staffers working to organize President Donald Trump’s campaign rally here have tested positive for the coronavirus, a development that is likely to increase concerns about the safety of the massive and high-profile indoor event.

Trump’s campaign said Saturday that quarantine procedures were implemented for the staffers and that neither the aides nor anyone they came into contact with will take part in the event.

“Per safety protocols, campaign staff are tested for COVID-19 before events. Six members of the advance team tested positive out of hundreds of tests performed, and quarantine procedures were immediately implemented,” Tim Murtaugh, the communications director for Trump’s campaign, said in a statement.

“No COVID-positive staffers or anyone in immediate contact will be at today’s rally or near attendees and elected officials,” the statement read. “As previously announced, all rally attendees are given temperature checks before going through security, at which point they are given wristbands, face masks and hand sanitizer.”

Public health officials have raised concerns for several days that the rally could become a “super spreader” event because it will involve thousands of people standing shoulder to shoulder inside an area, the BOK Center in Tulsa.

Trump campaign officials and the White House have dismissed those concerns, noting that masks would be distributed.

– Courtney Subramanian

I only see a couple people with masks from that one photo.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Six Trump advance staff test positive for coronavirus
Six staffers working to organize President Donald Trump’s campaign rally here have tested positive for the coronavirus, a development that is likely to increase concerns about the safety of the massive and high-profile indoor event.

Trump’s campaign said Saturday that quarantine procedures were implemented for the staffers and that neither the aides nor anyone they came into contact with will take part in the event.

“Per safety protocols, campaign staff are tested for COVID-19 before events. Six members of the advance team tested positive out of hundreds of tests performed, and quarantine procedures were immediately implemented,” Tim Murtaugh, the communications director for Trump’s campaign, said in a statement.

“No COVID-positive staffers or anyone in immediate contact will be at today’s rally or near attendees and elected officials,” the statement read. “As previously announced, all rally attendees are given temperature checks before going through security, at which point they are given wristbands, face masks and hand sanitizer.”

Public health officials have raised concerns for several days that the rally could become a “super spreader” event because it will involve thousands of people standing shoulder to shoulder inside an area, the BOK Center in Tulsa.

Trump campaign officials and the White House have dismissed those concerns, noting that masks would be distributed.

– Courtney Subramanian

I only see a couple people with masks from that one photo.
Gettin covid to stick it to the libs

MarineTrainedTard

You got the COVID! Coronavirus, big time!
kiwifarms.net
Apparently the Trump campaign is attributing low turnout at their rally to protesters blocking people from entering the building. I am pressing "x" to doubt that, I sincerely doubt Tulsa police would allow that. Protesters apparently blocked traffic earlier in the day, but skimming news articles from Tulsa news outlets doesn't show anything about protesters physically preventing people from entering the venue.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention thousands of people who are more likely than the average member of the populace to be autistic conspiracy theory boomers who don't believe COVID even exists.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently the Trump campaign is attributing low turnout at their rally to protesters blocking people from entering the building. I am pressing "x" to doubt that, I sincerely doubt Tulsa police would allow that. Protesters apparently blocked traffic earlier in the day, but skimming news articles from Tulsa news outlets doesn't show anything about protesters physically preventing people from entering the venue.
Sounds like Trump is lying.

Even so, why would somebody block entry to a rally? That's their choice.

Stuck in Corners

it's wet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Supporters have been gathering for days outside the 19,000-seat BOK Center for the rally, which marks Trump’s return to the campaign trail after a three-month hiatus because of the pandemic. Public health officials have raised concerns about the event, perhaps the largest indoor gathering in the U.S. since the virus hit.
I heard that the virus had an ability to mutate and be more dangerous than this first wave. If that's so, shits gonna hit the fan when it gets cold and flu season arrives. Did they even care to bring themselves some masks?

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I heard that the virus had an ability to mutate and be more dangerous than this first wave. If that's so, shits gonna hit the fan when it gets cold and flu season arrives. Did they even care to bring themselves some masks?
Evidently, they were giving out masks and checking temperatures.

But looking at a couple pictures, only a couple people are wearing masks.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Mad Asshatter