Plagued Trump Enslavement Syndrome - Orange man good. /r/The_Donald and any public demonstration of rabid pro-Trump enthusiasm in spite of all reason.

Does /r/The_Donald deserve it?

• Total voters

Pointless Pedant

Breaking the chains of gravity
True & Honest Fan
Read Moldbug's stuff if you want to try and understand those guys- I can't succinctly explain it because he refuses to use one word when ten would do, but he's seen as kind of a guiding light in that scene.
If that's the Unqualified Reservations guy then I know who you mean. I've never bothered with his screeds, but it seemed like a really turgid version of A&N comments on here rather than something coming from a former leftist who went far right. I'd at least give our spergs the credit that they do know how to get their (albeit stupid) points across quickly.

I just looked at one of his articles that got linked on here and he's saying that the Confederacy could have just won the civil war if they'd kept advancing after Bull Run. This guy is an absolute ignoramus.

Last edited:

Ima Spedonym2

Totally not a conspirator
I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone call themselves "NRX', though, even on here.
That's because Peak Moldbug was probably 2010 or 2011 or so, back when Kaitlin Bennett was still playing with dollies instead of AR47's.

But making googly-eyed dreamy posts about monarchy is going to get you branded a neoreactionary, even if you were just doing it ironically to trigger the libs.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
While victorious, the Confederate forces were themselves disorganised and bloodied after the battle and realised that they needed to muster and train an effective army to win the war. Pressing on to DC would have been suicidal.
And the current day confederate forces would be too busy having sex with their sister and then hop on their rascal scooter to a Trump rally where they could die of covid

Remember how the Confederates though that with the power of "King Cotton" on their side, they could get the British and French Empires on their side, not realizing that the Brits could start growing their own cotton in Egypt and India?

Feels a lot like the Kraken strategy the Trump administration has been pursuing ever since the election.

MarineTrainedTard

You got the COVID! Coronavirus, big time!
Remember how the Confederates though that with the power of "King Cotton" on their side, they could get the British and French Empires on their side, not realizing that the Brits could start growing their own cotton in Egypt and India?

Feels a lot like the Kraken strategy the Trump administration has been pursuing ever since the election.
the Brits had considered supporting the Confederacy due to cotton, IIRC, but then yeah they were like "lol we'll get our own from our colonies"

Senior Lexmechanic

Upgraded with salt extractor
If that's the Unqualified Reservations guy then I know who you mean. I've never bothered with his screeds, but it seemed like a really turgid version of A&N comments on here rather than something coming from a former leftist who went far right. I'd at least give our spergs the credit that they do know how to get their (albeit stupid) points across quickly.

I just looked at one of his articles that got linked on here and he's saying that the Confederacy could have just won the civil war if they'd kept advancing after Bull Run. This guy is an absolute ignoramus.
Yep, that's him.
Moldy claims he was once a lib who developed his own weird "third-way" (but basically hard-right, although he refuses to admit it) position after some kind of bolt-from-the-blue moment where he realized his weird corpro-libertarian-monarchy-thing is the One True Form of Government and everything else will kill the human race or doom us to a fate worse than death, and that it's the only form of government that can respect true human autonomy. I believe he also said he was pro-personal freedom, but not a big-L Libertarian in a podcast recently.
Yeah, the other reason the NrX label fell off, as others mentioned earlier, is because a lot of the peripheral people who supported Moldbug almost entirely because he talked about "physical removal" and tried to make "kill/exile all who disagree with us" seem like a rarified intellectual position wandered off to the alt-right once they set up shop and started making headway into the world outside of weird alt-blogs. Moldbug then, of course, began condemning them for being insufficiently pure and not real NrX because they did more than just sitting around huffing their own farts over how brilliant and right they are.
That's where Moldbug really shows his ex-leftie colors- for all of his talk, he seems totally uninterested in any praxis to my knowledge beyond running weird fringe blogs for all time.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
This is amazing. There's a movie called 'Donald Trump- The Chosen'. It's kind of like a Z-list Death Wish 3 but with Donald Trump
SYNOPSIS: Donald Trump The Chosen
Americans Unite! Humanity is facing two deadly pandemics: The Corona-Virus outbreak, and violent career criminals being released from prisons.

They are kidnapping, raping, killing and drugging our children. The time has come to set aside politics, religion and personal conflicts.

President Donald J. Trump has been empowered by a higher means and chosen as a leader to find a cure to save millions of lives before it is too late. He signed an executive order approving a vaccine that saves millions of American lives. People from all over the world are gathering as one, from all walks of life, to defeat the evil among us. The violent career criminals are out preying on our loved ones: the innocent, the vulnerable and the weak.

President Donald J. Trump, played by Thomas Mundy, is implementing solutions to do whatever it takes to protect the American people in the United States of America.

Actor Wilfredo Torres Jr. plays a police captain, Frank Santos. Frank was trained by The United States Army with six other soldiers under Operation Mindset. Upon Frank arriving back in the United States, he became a police captain who was programmed to kill violent criminals.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, played by Actress Elisa Gonzalez, believes that the world is coming to an end within the next 12 years if changes are not made now. She fights and protects the legal rights of those who are less fortunate in our society. Alexandria believes that no one is above the law, and due process needs to be enforced.

President Donald J. Trump is enforcing law and order (his own laws) to eliminate all violent career criminals in the United States of America. The President has implemented "Operation Mindset”, a secret society called The Dark Angels. One of The Dark Angels, played by actress Yadira Camacho, is recruiting victims of violent crimes to help with the war against the evil that hurts our society.

The Dark Angels consist of millions of law-abiding citizens fed up with being victimized at the hands of violent criminals. They are the eyes and ears in the deadly streets reporting to President Donald J. Trump about the daily criminal activities. He stands to protect the innocent, the vulnerable and the weak from all walks of life.

President Donald J. Trump is supported by the majority of Americans,and is re-elected in 2020, during his next four years in term, he, with the support and with the help of the American people, the economy will be built bigger and stronger than ever.

Connected Films
We would like to thank those for their generous contributions in supporting the promotion of the "Donald Trump The Chosen" movie.

We would like to thank the over 1,000 aspiring actors and actresses for devoting their time in creating an amazing feature film for 2020.

vlcsnap-2020-11-28-06h06m58s634.png

Actual quotes from the movie:
"To the blue wall of silence!" Police character (hero)
"Frank, I have approved Operation Mindset in the United States... I have created a secret weapon that will eliminate criminals all over the world. Frank. Bring home our children safe. And you know what to do" - Donald Trump
"Donald Trump is enforcing laws that punish criminals and that is not the solution" - Alexandra Ocasio Cortez character

I've been on this site since 2017 so I know full well that Trump was very divisive (he also got argued about a lot here because of his role in post-Brexit trade deal negotiations, and the left hated him for similar reasons). I've also seen the QAnon crazies around on thedonald.win and here, but I would say that it's not their politics that makes them unappealing as much as the fact that they're obviously seething and insane. If they were Vaush-loving Reddit tankie communists instead they'd be just as vile to the average person, at least around here.

I completely agree that acting like a loony who wants to abolish the 19th amendment isn't exactly a great route to pussy, but raving about Maoism isn't one either.
Trust me, no one likes Tankies either but they aren't a relevant or numerous enough to mention in that context.
I was trawling around Twitter and saw this.
D5DB3591-31BC-4F5F-A845-8E503642247F.jpeg

Imagine thinking Joe Biden being president is a step closer to communism. The man is the most centrist candidate the Dems have had in my lifetime. Oh well hope this guy necks he's beyond redemption.

Trust me, no one likes Tankies either but they aren't a relevant or numerous enough to mention in that context.

View attachment 1755150
Imagine thinking Joe Biden being president is a step closer to communism. The man is the most centrist candidate the Dems have had in my lifetime. Oh well hope this guy necks he's beyond redemption.
If I don't get a chance to control/torture/kill Falconspiky I will never forgive Q-anon for giving him the courage to kill himself.

Pointless Pedant

Breaking the chains of gravity
True & Honest Fan

View attachment 1755150
Bill Clinton and arguably Obama 2008 were definitely more centrist than Biden. Clinton was the last president to do much about the national debt other than massively expand it.

Also, you will not see any mass suicides. Seems like people forgot January 2017 here. The windbag losers will moan and groan and then do nothing. Hopefully, they won't shit themselves, but that's :optimistic:.

the Brits had considered supporting the Confederacy due to cotton, IIRC, but then yeah they were like "lol we'll get our own from our colonies"
Not seriously. Britain imported a lot of its grain from the Union so declaring war on the USA would have caused a famine. The CSA were always on their own.

Last edited:

Troonwhisperer

If Jesus was alive today he would be trans
Some NrX people argue that monarchy is the only truly libertarian position, because something something monarchs can protect rights better because they have less laws, something something they only bother the proles when they want something.

Some? Acutally a lot of them. The first time I heard this argument was when I read Moldbug (and he got it probably from Hoppe). It sounds ridiculous, but when you actually think about it, it makes much more sense. However, when you think about it even more and don't just cherry pick some good rules with absolute power of the past, you realize your first hunch was correct and the idea that monarchy is true libertarianism is fucking stupid.
Were there some good kings? Yes. Were there kings (and queens) who actually gave people quite a lot of freedom? Sure. But there were also rules who...

- ordered spectators in a colosseum to be thrown into the pit with lions, just for fun.
- were good and effective rulers who became mentally ill and almost destroyed their whole kingdom (there were a lot of them)
- killed people just for fun
- ethnically cleansed regions just for fun
- were lazy fucks or just too young and gave the responsibility to advisors etc. They then abused their power and exploited the common people. When the common people became angry, the advisors could just blame the king.
- some kings ravaged their kingdom for a woman (or boy) they loved.

Of course, many kings were killed or expelled when they were too bad. But this isn't really assuring when your family has been killed or your farm destroyed before his expulsion (The Soviet Union doesn't exist either anymore. I don't really think that it's so comforting for people who lost family members during Stalin's reign). And even very bad rulers can retain their power for a very long time, if not even generations. Many dictators we still have today are fucking insane, yet their power is rarely threatened by the people. One crazy fuck (don't know who anymore. It's a dictator of one of the stans) even made language reforms and invented new words. Now the word for "bread" is the name of his mother. Furthermore the most "peaceful" kingdoms/empires had (mostly implicit) mechanisms that kept the power of the king restricted. Let's take the Ottoman Empire:

- The Sultan had almost absolute power. However, Janissaries (elite infantry units, most of the members were children of Christian families. They were taken away by the Ottoman Empire and trained as fanatic muslim warriors) had a lot of power and the Sultan was often forced to compromise with them. Janissaries figured out quite quickly that most of them actually come from Christian families. Hence it was often their interest to protect the Christianity dominated region, since it was highly possible that their biological family could live there (Some Janissaries even converted back to Christianity and became the enemy of the Ottoman empire, but most of them stayed loyal and used their power to get privileges from the Sultan).
- The Ottoman empire was an empire with a lot of different ethnicties, religions, customs and languages. The only way the Ottoman Empire could control such a diverse population was by granting them enough freedom, so that they won't revolt. It wasn't uncommon for Arab Jews, Palestinian Arabs and Christian Armenians to live in the same city, often in different quarters, speaking their languages, wearing their ethnic clothings and even using different laws, while leaving the other people alone.

Compare this to North Korea where the ruler has more or less absolute power, only has to compromise very rarely and reigns over a population that is very homogenous in every immaginable way.

Moldbug isn't really advocating for monarchy, his idea is rather that a country should be ruled like a company (He used the example of Steve Jobs and California structured as if it was an Apple company). This didn't age that well, since in the year 2020 we probably know now that companies can be as oppressive as governments (At the moment it's not the state who advocates for restricting freedom of speech, but companis and universities. Universities today in America are as far as I know much more privately owned than in the past, hence even here it can be said that the free market doesn't always guarantee freedom. Anti-racism diversity trainings started actually in the private sector in the 90's and were only introduced to universities later) and Steve Jobs wasn't this genius people made him out to be. Most of the technology he used for the first iPhone wasn't even developed by him, but actually by the state.

Does Moldbug have some good ideas? Yeah, the idea of the cathedral is probably somewhat true, even though the idea that Protestant Christianity is the origin of modern leftism isn't new and he exaggerates it (he thinks Obama is basically a communist). At the end most of his ideas aren't very original and his writing is mostly distilled opinions of people who came before him. I highly doubt that NRx will ever become mainstream, as it is even cringier than many fringe leftist ideas like anarcho-feminism.
He was at least cringy enough to even become a character in a TV show:

Senior Lexmechanic

Upgraded with salt extractor
Some? Acutally a lot of them. The first time I heard this argument was when I read Moldbug (and he got it probably from Hoppe). It sounds ridiculous, but when you actually think about it, it makes much more sense. However, when you think about it even more and don't just cherry pick some good rules with absolute power of the past, you realize your first hunch was correct and the idea that monarchy is true libertarianism is fucking stupid.
Were there some good kings? Yes. Were there kings (and queens) who actually gave people quite a lot of freedom? Sure. But there were also rules who...

- ordered spectators in a colosseum to be thrown into the pit with lions, just for fun.
- were good and effective rulers who became mentally ill and almost destroyed their whole kingdom (there were a lot of them)
- killed people just for fun
- ethnically cleansed regions just for fun
- were lazy fucks or just too young and gave the responsibility to advisors etc. They then abused their power and exploited the common people. When the common people became angry, the advisors could just blame the king.
- some kings ravaged their kingdom for a woman (or boy) they loved.

Of course, many kings were killed or expelled when they were too bad. But this isn't really assuring when your family has been killed or your farm destroyed before his expulsion (The Soviet Union doesn't exist either anymore. I don't really think that it's so comforting for people who lost family members during Stalin's reign). And even very bad rulers can retain their power for a very long time, if not even generations. Many dictators we still have today are fucking insane, yet their power is rarely threatened by the people. One crazy fuck (don't know who anymore. It's a dictator of one of the stans) even made language reforms and invented new words. Now the word for "bread" is the name of his mother. Furthermore the most "peaceful" kingdoms/empires had (mostly implicit) mechanisms that kept the power of the king restricted. Let's take the Ottoman Empire:

- The Sultan had almost absolute power. However, Janissaries (elite infantry units, most of the members were children of Christian families. They were taken away by the Ottoman Empire and trained as fanatic muslim warriors) had a lot of power and the Sultan was often forced to compromise with them. Janissaries figured out quite quickly that most of them actually come from Christian families. Hence it was often their interest to protect the Christianity dominated region, since it was highly possible that their biological family could live there (Some Janissaries even converted back to Christianity and became the enemy of the Ottoman empire, but most of them stayed loyal and used their power to get privileges from the Sultan).
- The Ottoman empire was an empire with a lot of different ethnicties, religions, customs and languages. The only way the Ottoman Empire could control such a diverse population was by granting them enough freedom, so that they won't revolt. It wasn't uncommon for Arab Jews, Palestinian Arabs and Christian Armenians to live in the same city, often in different quarters, speaking their languages, wearing their ethnic clothings and even using different laws, while leaving the other people alone.

Compare this to North Korea where the ruler has more or less absolute power, only has to compromise very rarely and reigns over a population that is very homogenous in every immaginable way.

Moldbug isn't really advocating for monarchy, his idea is rather that a country should be ruled like a company (He used the example of Steve Jobs and California structured as if it was an Apple company). This didn't age that well, since in the year 2020 we probably know now that companies can be as oppressive as governments (At the moment it's not the state who advocates for restricting freedom of speech, but companis and universities. Universities today in America are as far as I know much more privately owned than in the past, hence even here it can be said that the free market doesn't always guarantee freedom. Anti-racism diversity trainings started actually in the private sector in the 90's and were only introduced to universities later) and Steve Jobs wasn't this genius people made him out to be. Most of the technology he used for the first iPhone wasn't even developed by him, but actually by the state.

Does Moldbug have some good ideas? Yeah, the idea of the cathedral is probably somewhat true, even though the idea that Protestant Christianity is the origin of modern leftism isn't new and he exaggerates it (he thinks Obama is basically a communist). At the end most of his ideas aren't very original and his writing is mostly distilled opinions of people who came before him. I highly doubt that NRx will ever become mainstream, as it is even cringier than many fringe leftist ideas like anarcho-feminism.
He was at least cringy enough to even become a character in a TV show:

I agree with some of his historical observations, but the conclusions he draws (which boil down to "Absolutely any form of progressive change will lead to the death of the human race and the only way to stop progressivism is through pure force") are, as is typical for any radical fringe type, nuts.
He's the perfect example of someone who is very smart at one thing (I believe he's a programmer of some real significance IRL) deciding that this makes them smart at everything.