World Trump fires National Security Adviser John Bolton, says they 'disagreed strongly' on policy - Another one goes out through the White House revolving door

LordofTendons

OW MAI LAIG
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Trump fires National Security Adviser John Bolton, says they 'disagreed strongly' on policy

President Trump announced Tuesday that he has fired National Security Adviser John Bolton, saying he “disagreed strongly” with his suggestions on a range of issues.

“I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House,” Trump tweeted Tuesday.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1171452880055746560

I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore....

11:58 AM - Sep 10, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

14.4K people are talking about this

“I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning,” he continued. “I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week.”

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

· 28m

I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore....

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

....I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week.

11:58 AM - Sep 10, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

9,030 people are talking about this

The two have had disagreements over a range of issues, perhaps most significantly on the plans for a troop drawdown in Afghanistan.

The president appointed Bolton to his post in March 2018, after removing H.R. McMaster.

Bolton became Trump’s third national security adviser, joining the administration in April 2018. McMaster had been appointed earlier in the administration to replace Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn.

But Bolton fired back Tuesday, tweeting moments after the president that he offered his resignation on Monday evening, and said it was not immediately accepted by Trump.

"I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, 'Let's talk about it tomorrow,' Bolton tweeted.

6,833 people are talking about this

Bolton, who previously served as a Fox News contributor, worked in the administrations of former Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush and served as a Bush lawyer during the 2000 Florida recount. Bolton also served as a U.S. permanent representative to the United Nations from 2005 to 2006, and as an undersecretary of state for arms control and international security from 2001 to 2005.

One source told Fox News Tuesday that many in the White House learned of Bolton's firing from the president's tweet Tuesday.

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
The Chaviztas are celebrating here because he was one of the main guys that proposed fucking Maduro hard in every aspect

And apparently he is not out yet

Screenshot_1838.jpg

Edit: Nvm he is out, Chaviztas are wanking themselves to death right now

Screenshot_1839.jpg

Last edited:

BONE_Buddy

That Defense Sperg.
kiwifarms.net
Bolton was/is a hammer. A hammer that will not be needed until after the 2020 election.

We will not be leaning on the DPRK for a while (going into the final round of meeting/talks relatively soon I assume.), and we sure as hell aren't getting involved militarily with Venezuela or Iran.

Bolton is the Warhawk Supreme. He knows it, DC knows it, and the World knows it. Functionally speaking, Bolton is/was the "bad/evil cop" to Trumps "reasonable cop".

Many non-interventionists will celebrate Trump "resisting NeoCon policies", while functionally there will be no real difference in policy compared to the pre-Bolton era. It will please a fair chunk of the electorate however.

Bolton also make a bunch of reforms to the National Security Council while he was there, and did not make many friends. Trump can go through and say that "oh my, these are not reforms that I wanted to make." And he "fires" Bolton, but then leave those reforms in place.

It is as simple as that.

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
I was pissed when he was brought on, so this really is a non-issue for me. Cue every leftie suddenly having an issue with Trump moving away from war-mongering.
I didn't like when he got appointed but ended up not really caring when nothing really bad happened and Trump made statements about reducing middle east involvement. Of course that didn't really happen, but maybe now that Bolton is out, steps will be taken in that direction. Overall, I don't think anyone but Ziocons will care

• Agree
Reactions: IN 041
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino