War Trump says U.S. will designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorists - Time for Mexico to get liberated

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

Unog

You're a nog.
kiwifarms.net
Seems like kind of an oversight that they weren't considered terrorists already.

Hypothetically, what would this mean for an official if they were found to be protecting a cartel member who (obviously) were here illegally from being deported?

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
I still disagree.

I get your point that criminals would still be criminals, but they certainly wouldn't be as powerful. They earn billions of dollars each year from America alone. By some estimations 150 billion a year.

While your point is that criminals would still be criminals, mine is that even if that were criminals wouldn't be this powerful. None of their other bussiness comes as close to be as profitable.

Drugs aren't just a random thing. They are a huge bussiness that is so profitable it makes things worse.
I've iterated why in other threads on this subject. Please come to Mexico with me and point out WHICH ONES are the Scarface wannabes that should be killed.

The good guys and the bad guys are often one and the same. The web that is the Cartel is deeply ingrained into Mexican society as a whole. Ain't like they wear a red or blue bandana to identify their loyalties like LA street gangs.

There are subtle clues which I could go into great detail on from many years of travel throughout Mexico. But I won't PL that shit here.

The real key is following the money. Dirty drug money gets put into businesses, real estate, agriculture and other venues to make it clean, accessible and profitable. This how the Cartels work in Mexico. And the top guys that do this are high in the ranks, but appear to be no more than business men. Unless you know the subtle things I mentioned, you'd never suspect them of anything more.

The foot soldiers of the Cartel are a different story. They're easier to identify and they are a dime a dozen, easily replaced when a bunch of them get shot up defending turf.

So are they terrorists? Yes, they are in the brutalistic sense of the way they murder, decapitate, and otherwise kill their foe. Which is generally each other.

It's not American heads rolling down the streets or hanging from bridges with their dicks cut off and shoved in their mouths. It's rival cartel. The Mormons getting shot up is exceptional, but you really have to look at their history with locals to understand what likely happened here. The relationship isn't and never has been particularly pretty.

So, what exactly would marching US troops over the border do? Let me tell you what it would do. It would solidify the Mexican support of the Cartels against a common enemy -- us. You'd have another Vietnam on your hands, right in my own backyard.

The only way to fight this particular war is financially. Break their backs by breaking the money trail. Pull our support, factories, stop all money transfers to Mexico, monitor and stop all banking transactions, starve them if you have to until Mexicans themselves revolt against the Cartels.

Although you hear very little about it and it's taken awhile to accomplish, this is exactly what's happening in Iran right now. The people are rising up against the religious stranglehold regime as prices for everything skyrocket and become unavailable. The war there will come from within, not from us.

Anyway, sorry so much typing. Just my .02 on it all from experience.

Meh.

Edit: Me grammars failed me.
Good, let them "solidify". We do much better against that.

You know a great way to make the manufacture and distribution of drugs unprofitable? Blow up the factory and kill the ringleaders.
War is expensive.

INVCTS

kiwifarms.net
This won't actually happen, but if companies like Walmart start mass dumping their money transfer bullshit because it can easily be traced back to cartel members I will have a damn orgasm.
It's also not going to happen because Walmart and Western Union and others are the merchants in most of those transactions. The majority of the AML burden rests on the program manager of whatever bank owns the account where the dirty money entered "official" circulation.

AML departments are underpaid, understaffed, and have poor technological infrastructure. They rarely get audited in depth and while the BSA is scary on paper most banks know it is a paper tiger.

Also, most AML employees are rejects who can't even work a cashier.

Atatata

The weak should fear the strong
kiwifarms.net
I live dangerously close to the type of people that like to brag about how they're somehow vaguely related to El Chapo so I'm taking this as a warning sign that I should probably move.

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
Oh good, he did what I wanted him to.

Now to see if killing cartels magically makes the problem worse, or if logic and common sense will apply and make the dead cartels unable to crime anyone.

Trump is the best president of my lifetime, by so much it's not even a little bit close. All those "why doesn't the government just..." questions are answered. They never did because they weren't trying to make anything better.

It goes against interagency consensus I guess...

On the idea that if Americans just stopped using their drugs they'd have no money... If we could just make large groups of people not do something illegal we wouldn't have crime now would we?
Trump is not the best President. I'm sorry. The proto-Trump, Reagan, is the best modern-era POTUS.

Trump is the fucking EMPEROR OF MANKIND. Not only has he made things better for America, he's gradually making things better globally, and doing so in the face of severe and constant opposition, both domestically and abroad. We must just be careful who is allowed to be close to Baron in the future to prevent the Heresy.

I've iterated why in other threads on this subject. Please come to Mexico with me and point out WHICH ONES are the Scarface wannabes that should be killed.

The good guys and the bad guys are often one and the same. The web that is the Cartel is deeply ingrained into Mexican society as a whole. Ain't like they wear a red or blue bandana to identify their loyalties like LA street gangs.

There are subtle clues which I could go into great detail on from many years of travel throughout Mexico. But I won't PL that shit here.

The real key is following the money. Dirty drug money gets put into businesses, real estate, agriculture and other venues to make it clean, accessible and profitable. This how the Cartels work in Mexico. And the top guys that do this are high in the ranks, but appear to be no more than business men. Unless you know the subtle things I mentioned, you'd never suspect them of anything more.

The foot soldiers of the Cartel are a different story. They're easier to identify and they are a dime a dozen, easily replaced when a bunch of them get shot up defending turf.

So are they terrorists? Yes, they are in the brutalistic sense of the way they murder, decapitate, and otherwise kill their foe. Which is generally each other.

It's not American heads rolling down the streets or hanging from bridges with their dicks cut off and shoved in their mouths. It's rival cartel. The Mormons getting shot up is exceptional, but you really have to look at their history with locals to understand what likely happened here. The relationship isn't and never has been particularly pretty.

So, what exactly would marching US troops over the border do? Let me tell you what it would do. It would solidify the Mexican support of the Cartels against a common enemy -- us. You'd have another Vietnam on your hands, right in my own backyard.

The only way to fight this particular war is financially. Break their backs by breaking the money trail. Pull our support, factories, stop all money transfers to Mexico, monitor and stop all banking transactions, starve them if you have to until Mexicans themselves revolt against the Cartels.

Although you hear very little about it and it's taken awhile to accomplish, this is exactly what's happening in Iran right now. The people are rising up against the religious stranglehold regime as prices for everything skyrocket and become unavailable. The war there will come from within, not from us.

Anyway, sorry so much typing. Just my .02 on it all from experience.

Meh.

Edit: Me grammars failed me.
Might need to assassinate a Canadian PM to make it work, though. Trudeau has changed laws to allow Mexicans to enter Canada without Visas. Cartel activity in Canada is growing, and current federal officials are working in a manner that will encourage further growth.

As for Cartel tactics in Mexico, the corpse piles and public hangings fall into terror due to the psychological elements at play. Cartels do that stuff to ensure the civilians in the middle are more afraid of them than the legitimate authorities.

Well fuck, who else can i rely on to vanish without too many questions now.
Natives

yahooligan

HA-HA-HA-HAPPY HOLLLLIDAYS
kiwifarms.net
I think it would be funny if we deported all the cartel-associated folks to the very southern tip of Chile somehow instead of just back to Mexico. Like, they have to start the entire level over from the beginning if they want to make it to the final boss that is the USA (Canada is just a bonus level, sorry).

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Seems like kind of an oversight that they weren't considered terrorists already.

Hypothetically, what would this mean for an official if they were found to be protecting a cartel member who (obviously) were here illegally from being deported?
Not really. We have to remember that what the Government defines things as are not necessarily what the dictionary says they are. Are the Cartels terrorists? Sure. By the dictionary definition. But when the US designates them a terrorist organization, that means something else all together.

For example, if the cartels are a terrorist entity, then that means everyone who is in them or does business with them is now subject to arrest and potentially life imprisonment. Keep in mind now that buying drugs from the cartels would meet this criteria. Buying a bag of weed in Tijuana and trying to sneak it across the border wont mean putting in a nickle and getting out 6 months later for good behavior. These punishments can go up to 20 years for even a passion violation where nobody gets hurt.

More importantly however the foreign terrorist designation would lift the restrictions upon using the national intelligence apparatus and the military in dealing with cartel activities WITHIN America. It is possible the defense authorization act of 2001 superceded the posse comitatus act as it sets no geographical limits on where the US military can conduct activities. That includes within America proper. Designating the cartels terrorists will move them from the law enforcement sphere into the military sphere. And that goes for everyone. From the cartel bosses to the Americans stashing their weed in a warehouse in Cleveland.

The USA patriot act specifically allows the government to introduce evidence collected by the intelligence apparatus without warrant at trial, if the trial is in furtherance of a prosecution of a terrorism charge with the only limiting factor being that the CIA operatives or NSA glowies came across the information as part of their day to day activities and not as a specifically requested action by the government.

So let that one sink in. All that meta data the NSA gets sent from google Facebook and the phone companies? In a terrorism trial the government can use it. The NRO can be asked to query their satellite imagery to see if they can spot your car in Mexico and the CIA can be tasked to ask their hombres in Tijuana to sing songs about you. If it's a terrorism trial.

Last edited:

dinoman

awoo~
kiwifarms.net
Good. It's time Mexico and the US both worked together to stamp out this cartel problem, it's getting way out of hand is one of the main reasons so many people are fleeing Mexico to live here, illegally or otherwise. They fear the cartels more than the repercussions of being caught.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If only we could erect some defensive barrier to keep them out, perhaps a great wall manned with military personnel. Or, maybe, you know, we could just put up a tall fence without any watchtowers, one that allows drugs to continue to flow freely. That'd be cool be too.
Nice idea if you have a microcountry the size of New Jersey and everywhere you need to build one is over flat terrain. It doesn't work as well when you have 2000 miles of broken terrain, deserts, huge rivers, mountains, and other shit.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This is the plot of A Clear and Present Danger, and honestly I can't hope for extra-judicial stealth bombings of Cartel compounds to happen soon enough.
If they'd agree with just going in and glassing them I'm sure we could make it up to them with foreign aid. If not they can be taken out other ways. Whoever did the Mormons should really be gotten rid of to show anyone else who thinks that kind of shit is acceptable that they're wrong.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
If they'd agree with just going in and glassing them I'm sure we could make it up to them with foreign aid. If not they can be taken out other ways. Whoever did the Mormons should really be gotten rid of to show anyone else who thinks that kind of shit is acceptable that they're wrong.
That is definitely going to be a shit show when the inevitable retaliation comes. No way the USA ignores that. Someone is definitely going to get droned at a minimum

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino