War Trump says U.S. will designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorists - Time for Mexico to get liberated

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
The Mexican government is hand in hand with the cartels.
Not directly. The national government is not beholden to the Cartels. The problem is they cannot count on their rank and file government officials, the local judiciary or the trigger pullers.

The Justice Minister in Mexico can order something to happen but it doesnt mean shit in Tijuana if the local federales dont feel like doing it. Those are the guys who are on the take. Either out of fear or corruption. And if the justice Minister Fires them all and puts some new guys in within 6 months they will be on the take too after the good boys are either killed or had their wives raped/murdered. Will anything be done about that? Nope.

In one of life's little ironies the one branch of the Mexican Government that is still completely capable of carrying out orders is the Mexican Marine Corps. The Naval Infantry was comparably small compared to the Army and Federal Police, but they got that sweet sweet American Training because the Oil Must Flow and their principle job was protecting oil wells in Mexican Waters. Their small size combined with the fact that their families lived on bases run by the Marine Corps meant that the Cartels and the corrupt officials ignored them.

So now whenever Mexico really wants to kick teeth in they use the Marines. Unfortunately they are still small and they cant take hold territory. The Mexican Army could do it, but the moment they do all the underpaid Sergeants and Lieutenants will be given offers they cant refuse. Which routinely happened when Mexico did try and militarily crack down on the cartels. The Marines would kick their teeth in, hand the place over to the Army and 4 weeks later the Cartels were running the towns again.

It's a mistake to assume the Mexican Government is the cartels. They really did try and militarily break them. And while nobody wants to outright say it, the fact is the Cartels won the war. Everyone knows the only way the Cartels are getting dismantled is if the US Army goes in. But there is so much history and national pride tied up in that it would almost certainly do more harm then good. So we are at a very frustrating impasse.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Mexico is an incurable infectious disease and anyone who thinks we can fix it or help it at all is a fool. Bombing cartels will do nothing but waste resources because new ones will pop up immediately.
If they're ones who don't think they can just kill Americans and get away with it, I'm fine with that result. The cartel that kills Americans the least will end up running the illegal trade and that's better than the current status quo. This is why organized crime in the U.S. tends to limit its impact on civilians. Nobody cares if they just kill each other.

It's a mistake to assume the Mexican Government is the cartels.
They aren't but they're unable to stop Mexican cartels from killing any politician who does anything effective against them, so there's a very strong disincentive to do anything effective. Just talk tough and do nothing, as they generally do.

Disgruntled Pupper

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they're ones who don't think they can just kill Americans and get away with it, I'm fine with that result. The cartel that kills Americans the least will end up running the illegal trade and that's better than the current status quo. This is why organized crime in the U.S. tends to limit its impact on civilians. Nobody cares if they just kill each other.
It's petty, but I'd be more open to this argument if the catalyst for outrage over cartels killing Americans came from, I don't know, something like that the jurors of the El Chapo case have to pray they remain anonymous their entire lives or else they will be killed for the serious crime of living in a country with a functioning justice system and not being properly corrupt, or ranchers who are routinely killed because they hinder coyotes from transporting people across their land, or shit- even recklessly dumb tourists who go to Mexico for a cheap vacation and get taken hostage and wind up dead. There's just something about religious wackos willingly go to Mexico to set up a cult and then maybe or maybe not getting involved in drug trafficking that ends with their death by bullets that makes even me... just.... not care.........

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
The Mexican govt. needs to take a leaf out of the British and American playbooks and set up an off-the-books black ops fund. Use this to recruit groups and madmen to just go all-out war on the cartels. Assassinations, firebombings, crop destruction, whatever. The cartels hit back at anyone in the government who organizes against them so don't given them a target -> Finance ministry and the highest level work together to squirrel away a few billion and set up a secure and near-faceless system of handlers for the mercs and madmen.

Hell, open it up to low-level cartel members themselves and let them ice rivals for government dollars.

Chicago had problems like this - they created the "untouchables". A group funded outside the normal hierarchy who were just told "take these guys (Capone) off the table". Create a "kill list" of cartel members also. Post bounties. But the key part is that everything is off the books.

I mean, it's extra-judicial as all Hell but war usually is. And when you're done, pull the plug on the black ops budget.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
one of life's little ironies the one branch of the Mexican Government that is still completely capable of carrying out orders is the Mexican Marine Corps.
Quite true. They are considered the "untouchables" and I've met a few and watched them train. The port captain would close the harbor and their boats would coming rolling in at about 35 mph an hour and these dudes would roll off the sides in full back packs, helmets, gear, and weapons. And swim to shore. Pretty badass group, not too different than our own Navy Seals.

When something has to be done with no fear of corruption, this is exactly who they go to. The Army? A joke and rife with corruption.

Unfortunately, you're also correct in that they are a small group. While they can pull off some targeted hits, there aren't enough of them to maintain the situation, the Army takes over, and within a short time, it's right back to business as usual.

I'm reminded of an incident in Puerto Penasco a few years ago. Our DEA was involved in it. They had word that El Macho, one of Chapo's lieutenants, was staying in a beach side resort called Bella Sirena. The entire police force of Penasco was called into town. When the police arrived, they were stripped of their weapons and radios and held under guard by the Marines at a central location. There were to be no leaks or warnings and the police? Well yeah, not trusted.

The Marines moved on the resort and the place was a rolling gun battle. They brought in a freaking helicopter gunship and started laying down .50 caliber minigun fire on the place. The cartel fought back fiercely, but were outgunned. The pictures of the aftermath were pretty gruesome. Shot up bodies, condos, SUVs, bodies laying in the road over to Cholla Bay that tried to escape.

The one thing missing in the aftermath of all this? El Macho's body. It was said he was shot, but likely made it to a panga on the beach and got away in the confusion and likely died. We'll never know.

Fortunately, they did all this pretty early morning, so most gringos were still asleep at the time and there were no civilian casualties, but lots of video and pictures from shocked gringos awoke by the gunfire. Most have been scrubbed from the Internet at this point, often by the OPs for fear of reprisal.

If you need something done without hesitation in Mexico, you use the Marinaros.

And oh, while we're here jawing about it, this went down yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank Fuck For Evil Otto

He lived the life of a black man, authentically.
kiwifarms.net
And oh, while we're here jawing about it, this went down yesterday.

mexicoshooting5.jpg

Imagine being able to shoot up a police stating and get a way with it.

Count groudon

Saltier than Njord's left testicle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ay dios mios! El Trumpo is gonna whack el Putos who make el Metho!

I say just send in drones that can light and drop matches on targeted areas. Meth Labs arent exactly known for being very stable or safe after all. As for the weed fields, I say that we round up all the annoying college stoner kids and airdrop them in. I don’t care how scary those little bastards think they are, Hell hath no fury like a philosophy major who hasn’t lit up in a couple days.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
I could be mistaken, and don't know if this was mentioned yet, but aren't there like some Cartel organizations that are on the CIA payroll? I actually remember them stopping the DEA from cracking down on one group because the CIA was protecting them.

I think the difference is that the Mafia, Russian Mafia, Triads, and Yakuza have a long history and certain traditions. They understand the importance of subtly and respectability. You don't become a centuries old organisation by acting like idiots. The cartels, on the other hand, are young and the only educated people involved are near the top. The foot soldiers are uneducated, poor, and angry. Given their first taste of power, they go crazy on it. Fear is the only thing they think works, so they maximise it, only thinking in the short term.

Anyway, here's hoping for a very kino war, everyone. If you live in the Southern US, good luck.
When it comes to the Russian Mafia, a good number of them were formed from the former USSR and Russian military. Hell, despite it being seen as a Hollywood cliche, in reality, veterans of both the Afghanistan and Chechnia war formed a good portion of the ranks in the Russian mob. Those guys weren't the types to flash tattoos like idiots.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Imagine being able to shoot up a police stating and get a way with it.
It just took one thing not even as bad as this kind of shit (St. Valentine's Day Massacre) for our government to say shut this shit the fuck down. We didn't get rid of organized crime per se, but the ones that stick up by doing shit like this don't last long. It causes them to (mostly) keep the murder intramural and even in some cases to go quasi-legit.

The problem with Mexico is their government is too weak and corrupt to do this except in the most extreme cases.

Oskar Dirlewanger

SS-Oberführer of 36th Waffen Grenadier Division
kiwifarms.net
Cartels:
- aryan (conquistador + aztec) businessmen with no other agenda but to deliver me healthy and nutritious cocaine
- latina girls are hot as fuck
- mexican cuisine is delicious

USA:
- jewish
- spread jewish, faggot, tranny, subhuman, democratic agenda around the world
- "white" girls are ugly and a boring fuck
- no real food whatsoever, they eat "wonderbread" and drink "soda" instead of alcohol like animals

SherlockMexicano

kiwifarms.net
>SI! If those stupid young teens, and mentally ill people didn't buy our deliberately highly addictive drugs, then those kind gentlemen with face tattoos wouldn't be a major problem in the first place!
Yeah dude awesome logic. Now tell me how fat people aren't at fault for being morbidly obese. It's all the fault of cakes for being so delicious. If only bakerys didn't make cakes so delicious.

It's not like self control exists or anything.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino