World Trump threatens to release illegal immigrants detainees exclusivily on sanctuary cities -

Diabolical diabetic

Better dead than red, better red than redditor
kiwifarms.net
White House officials have tried to pressure U.S. immigration authorities to release detainees onto the streets of “sanctuary cities” to retaliate against President Trump’s political adversaries, according to Department of Homeland Security officials and email messages reviewed by The Washington Post.
Trump administration officials have proposed transporting detained immigrants to sanctuary cities at least twice in the past six months — once in November, as a migrant caravan approached the U.S. southern border, and again in February, amid a standoff with Democrats over funding for Trump’s border wall.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s district in San Francisco was among those the White House wanted to target, according to DHS officials. The administration also considered releasing detainees in other Democratic strongholds.

Lefty twitter doesn't seem very happy about this for some reason.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As funny as it is, Trump is doing this all wrong.

He should hold a nationwide poll where everyone can partake and the question is "Should we help illegal immigrants and refugees?"

Then, he builds shelters in those areas that have the highest rate of acceptance, which will unavoidably be within the communities of well-earning, highly educated people who usually love to support all things immigration, as long as the shelters are out of sight of their own houses.
They talk the talk, trick them into walking the walk.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So... What's the media line against this going to be?

A lot of the very hip streets in Portland with expensive gift, clothing and decor boutiques, not to mention hipster coffee shops and artisinal foods, are decked out with "refugees welcome" signs. Surely they'll welcome all the new customers?

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

... I was under the impression that sanctuary cities wanted illegal immigrants, though. What's the point of being a sanctuary city if you're not going to behave like a sanctuary? I swear the media and the DNC get more incoherent with every passing day. Seriously, I am genuinely confused.

Why are you suggesting it is a punishment to take in illegal immigrants, after spending so many years swearing up and down that all of these people are complete angels who can do no wrong? Sanctuary cities say they want them, so here they are. You'd think that'd be problem solved but somehow they're all still fucking mad about it.

SmileyTimeDayCare

kiwifarms.net
I have to say that this is probably the best move Trump has made in awhile. He basically threw it all back on the mad left saying You want them? You got them. and the response has been almost unanimous revulsion by the very people who have been using illegals as a weapon against Trump.

The sentiment is a solid We want them here just not in my neighborhood and it is fantastic to watch these fuckwads choke on their own bullshit.

I don't usually do this, but I'm just gonna copy my post from this topic on the TDS thread.

So, of course the reaction "OMG the monster" is perfect and what he wanted. These idiots failed to qualify the reasons they're mad about it, thus making the exact appearance trump wanted. They're not willing to put their money where their mouth is.

There are actually very sensible arguments against this, and Border Patrol and ICE have made them. This isn't gonna happen, it requires a whole transportation infrastructure that doesn't exist, creates legal liability for what happens during transport, and a whole lot of other good reasons. But I don't think it was ever meant to happen. It was meant to have exactly this happen.

crocodilian

K. K. K. Rool
kiwifarms.net
So... What's the media line against this going to be?

A lot of the very hip streets in Portland with expensive gift, clothing and decor boutiques, not to mention hipster coffee shops and artisinal foods, are decked out with "refugees welcome" signs. Surely they'll welcome all the new customers?
Terrible idea. If the president ever unleashed those people into Portland and made it truly unlivable, they would just move to your neighborhood and start voting for the same policies that ruined their old one.

Mewtwo_Rain

Drown in the cesspool of darkness
kiwifarms.net

... I was under the impression that sanctuary cities wanted illegal immigrants, though. What's the point of being a sanctuary city if you're not going to behave like a sanctuary? I swear the media and the DNC get more incoherent with every passing day. Seriously, I am genuinely confused.

Why are you suggesting it is a punishment to take in illegal immigrants, after spending so many years swearing up and down that all of these people are complete angels who can do no wrong? Sanctuary cities say they want them, so here they are. You'd think that'd be problem solved but somehow they're all still fucking mad about it.
More than likely they realize the people in those states who are not on board with that line of thinking may start resorting to violence or even political assassination against these kooks. Trump is now calling their bluff, and now they either have to admit they aren't on board with illegals despite their hallow virtue signal or risk destroying their states (by the illegals, or by violence from both sides) if Trump isn't just messing around. (The anger is a good sign of it being fear that he may not be kidding) In my honest opinion.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino