Trypophobia - aka WHY DOES THIS MAKE ME SO UNCOMFORTABLE

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So do any other Kiwis here have trypophobia? If you don't know what I'm talking about, just look at these pictures. If you feel any disgust, fear, or discomfort, you probably have trypophobia.

lotus_seed_pod_0.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
Tryp-coral.jpg

Ugh, Googling this shit made me feel nauseous.

Scientists have suggested that trypophobia is probably related to fear of disease in some way. If so, that would explain why it seems to be so widespread.

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i remember that one Japanese horror story about the trendy girl who heard that taking a bath with sesame seeds is supposed to be great for your skin. She did it, and after a few hours of not hearing from her, her mom went into the bathroom to check on her and saw that she had hundreds of seeds stuck in her skin, and she was desperately trying to dig them out. Shit like that is just unsettling.

NumberingYourState

Our fate lies in the moons tilt and shine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
EDIT: Fuck me running, if I read everything in the OP, I could have just said "Yeah, To a Mild Extent..."

Cosmos

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll admit that even though the second one is probably just wax or something, it made my skin crawl.

From what I've heard, apparently that guy just put peanut butter on his hand and poked holes in it. So thankfully it's not real.

Still creepy as fuck, though.

Count groudon

Concentration camp counselor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
its nice to see we have a lolcow thread on them and also one in ot
Eh, I think it is a real thing, because seeing clusters of small holes like that is weirdly gross for some reason. The problem is that Tumblr has taken it so that any sort of image containing a hole causes them to lose their shit. It's like how a lot of people are trans but the trannies on tumblr are obnoxious and downright delusional.

NumberingYourState

Our fate lies in the moons tilt and shine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OODLES AND OODLES OF NOODLES AND HOLES, POODLES AND DOODLES AND KABOODLES OF HOLES!!!

Cosmos

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They are merely weird pictures that can be unpleasant to some.
Declaring a phobia over them is pure tumblrina faggotry.

Oh yeah, I agree. I don't consider trypophobia to be an actual phobia and just use the term as a shorthand for saying "clusters of holes make me feel irrationally uncomfortable."