Tumblr's RPC (Roleplay Community) - *attacks no miss*

sus_and_jooj

Donkey, I've had enough! That tie - turn it down!
kiwifarms.net
I noticed a different thread on here dragging people for their shitty tumblr themes, but I kind of realized that there's not a dedicated thread for RP 'experiences' on here, so might as well swing. The RPC is kind of an interesting fuckfest as a whole, with its own issues and very specific kind of snowflakes.

General terms these brainlets have made for themselves: rpc = roleplay community, muse = character someone rps as, mun = writer of the blog(s).

I'll start this off with a general issue I've noticed, it isn't just one 'section' of the rpc. If you ever follow / watch any rp blog, no matter how 'high quality' (as high quality as high school writing can be) they are, you notice a lot of people don't even fucking roleplay their fictional characters. They just bitch and fucking moan about 'not getting asks' or 'not having anyone to rp with' despite the fact that nobody makes the fucking effort to write with each other most of the time, so everyone's just twiddling their thumbs and reblogging edgy 'rp musings' and waiting for someone to send them a random ask that they'll probably drop after the rp goes on for like, 3 notes. A lot of these fuckers claim to have anxiety, which, sure, okay, but why the fuck are you on a 'social media' website if you're so anxious you can't even talk to / interact with the person that's actively interested in writing your epic nintendo crossover rp with you?

sus_and_jooj

Donkey, I've had enough! That tie - turn it down!
kiwifarms.net
care to provide examples? I don't see any funny
I did, in fact, forget to include the funny. Here's a prime example of what I mean, 'rp' blogs are usually meant for two tards to rp fictional characters back and forth, but in the end, most of them are venting blogs that do nothing but bitch and complain. I had to remember this tard's URL but yeah, several ''''rant'''' posts in a row and not a single 'rp reply', just complaining. First thread probably didn't hit hard, my bad.
mymad.PNG

BingBong

I <3 Gyarus
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I did, in fact, forget to include the funny. Here's a prime example of what I mean, 'rp' blogs are usually meant for two tards to rp fictional characters back and forth, but in the end, most of them are venting blogs that do nothing but bitch and complain. I had to remember this tard's URL but yeah, several ''''rant'''' posts in a row and not a single 'rp reply', just complaining. First thread probably didn't hit hard, my bad.
View attachment 1185128
I still don't see any funny.

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
while im sure this has the potential to be an untapped goldmine, this just seems like you are in this community and got salty because your particular fandoms rp community went to shit
Can confirm it is somewhat of a goldmine. The last time I took a look at them tumblr rps are essentially an evolved form of the rps spergs and yaoi fangirls on deviantart use to do on a regular basis, drama included, only nowadays peppered with sjw themes.

Though as many have said already - this topic is not the place to catalog it unless the OP gives the thread a complete makeover.

Papadopoulos

Perc 30 Courier Service
kiwifarms.net
Tumblr is a shitshow, and water is wet. Whomst had thought? 🤔🤔
Besides the real action is on twitter.

felix el gato

u've activated my twap cawd :3c
kiwifarms.net
tumblr rp is an insane world that I was fully immersed in for years. I stopped writing about 2 years ago but it was fun in the beginning (around 2012), and if you're a writer it's a great way to develop your skill as there are many talented people amongst the wreckage.

since I was apart of it for so long I have plenty of stories, one of the most infamous (someone from the rpc even tried coming here to start a witch hunt) is about a trans boy named Ollie who was outed as a rapist and pedophile, an evil trans who caused a poor girl (also part of the community) to off herself. people where calling the cops, someone's account was supposedly hacked and deleted by Ollie to stop the truth! only for it all to be a hoax by the trans dude himself. however tumblr being tumblr, refused to believe it.

another is about a girl named Miranda, she lost her mind and believed her rp world was real and her real life was made up so she became addicted to cocaine and also decided to troon out and become randy. I had a personal relationship with this cow too, she's still around writing death note fics.

but I agree that it might be too late for this thread, but if it isn't this blog is a good source to skim through. lots of petty sjw type mess.

**edit: forgot to mention that there at a time was also a hitler rp. someone decided to write as hitler and I remember some people being really upset and wanting the blog deleted, whilst others where perfectly okay with it, because ya know, tumblr is open minded.

Last edited:

SixTrees

Neurotypically hindered
kiwifarms.net
There’s definitely plenty of laughs to be had even from the current tumblr RPosphere. Like was mentioned a few posts prior it was more batshit insane back in 2012 days - the fucking Lorax Once-ler RP and ask blogs were everywhere with every possible crossover combination.
Weed Once-ler? Yep. Serial killer Once-ler? You bet. My Chemical Romance Once-ler? Why the fuck not!! Tumblr, baby

It was all pretty innocent from what I remember, it’s just fucking insane that all this stemmed from forgettable Illumination CGI film number 84737.

I can confirm that at least up until two years ago tumblr RPers were still having the stupidest dramas and being exceptional so it’s possible for people to dig up recent funny shit if they know where to look.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1185128
Looks like the shit you'd see on Myspace.

Alaska Thundercunt

kiwifarms.net
Sometimes the RPC has funny chimpouts in dash.

First cap’s OP also publicly stated that if you’re white and you like Homestuck you’re racist.

Good ole tard raging about ships and racism is about all that pops up.

ED4643E9-98A0-4FDC-9405-598A2A1D526F.png71557F0C-2F8C-43F0-8E26-FCE23F729265.png

If you don’t RP POC you’re racist but if you do you’re also racist.

59788C8C-DA52-4BDB-86FE-EF3BBFA8C50B.png

Trans people are transphobic now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvie Paula Paula

He's wasting his life and killing his body
kiwifarms.net
since I was apart of it for so long I have plenty of stories, one of the most infamous (someone from the rpc even tried coming here to start a witch hunt) is about a trans boy named Ollie who was outed as a rapist and pedophile, an evil trans who caused a poor girl (also part of the community) to off herself. people where calling the cops, someone's account was supposedly hacked and deleted by Ollie to stop the truth! only for it all to be a hoax by the trans dude himself. however tumblr being tumblr, refused to believe it.
I'm pretty sure back in 2017 there was a thread on the Ollie situation here.

Tags
None