Turkey burgers - Hamburger's NEET cousin

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
D

DK 699

kiwifarms.net
Hello. I would like to discuss turkey burgers with the farms. Yeah, they're not as good as hamburgers, but they're relatively healthy, they do taste kinda good, I like to think that I'm kinda good at making them, and I would like to get better at making them, if possible. Feel free to share any turkey burger recipes you have or make suggestions for mine. Any other Turkey burger-related discussion is fine too, I guess.

I've been making turkey burgers for a month or two now and I got my recipe from this webpage:
I have made some modifications to this recipe which I will disclose here:
1. First off my grocery store only sells ground turkey by the pound so I instead use two pounds of ground turkey meat to make eight burgers. I ended up having to make some alterations to the rest of ingredients. I will list this later.
2. Thought it would be a good idea to infuse some cheese into the patties in order to make them more moist. To do this I purchase a solid .25 pound block of white American cheese from the grocery store (this is the same kind of cheese I put on top of the burgers) and cut it up into small cubes. These cubes later get mixed in with the meat.
3. I added a number of seasonings and other miscellaneous shit to the meat. I have some spice mixes from the supermarket (I'm willing to expand on the exact brand if anyone is interested), a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, a spoonful of paprika, generous amounts of Old Bay seasoning, and some extra virgin olive oil (some of this to help the patties stick together).
4. I dropped the parsley, because I don't have any parsley.

The ingredients I use:
  • 2 pounds ground turkey
  • 1/8 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/8 cup finely diced onion
  • 1 egg whites, lightly beaten
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • .25 pounds of diced white American cheese
  • 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
  • a spoonful of paprika
  • Old Bay seasoning
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Whatever spices you want
Just mix that all together, form it into eight patties and cook it.

V

VV 422

kiwifarms.net
alternatively, you could make your burgers out of ground beef like a normal person, forget about adding egg and bread crumbs (you're not making meatballs), and stop eating overly processed american cheese in general
the best burger consists of regular ground beef topped with swiss cheese, caramelized onions, grilled mushrooms and a1 sauce on a potato roll

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

Casualty of the Culture War
kiwifarms.net
I had one for the first time yesterday, it was surprisingly good, but you really can’t beat a normal burger. I don’t see why you’d ever eat one over a normal hamburger though. It’s still like substituting cocaine for meth because it’s healthier

Lunete

Plantation Barbie
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Turkey burgers are what fatties like Hamber make because they think it'll magically cancel out the thousands of calories of garbage they eat everyday.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How exactly is a turkey burger more healthy than a beef burger?

Anyway, Pork burgers are pretty underrated.

{o}P II

A man deprived of his chat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Turkey is the true partrictians choice of meat. the taste outrivals every other animal regardless on seasoning

Varg Did Nothing Wrong

kiwifarms.net
I've never been a fan of turkey meat. If you're going to avoid the whole red meat thing (which is supposed to be pretty bad for you) then the true patrician's meat of choice is chicken thigh. Instead of a burger just grill up a chunk of that and make a hot sandwich with it.

Pargon

Lost muh ‘nads in th’ Culture War
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
alternatively, you could make your burgers out of ground beef like a normal person, forget about adding egg and bread crumbs (you're not making meatballs), and stop eating overly processed american cheese in general
the best burger consists of regular ground beef topped with swiss cheese, caramelized onions, grilled mushrooms and a1 sauce on a potato roll
Mushrooms are disgusting and you should die.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like them as their own thing occasionally but yeah they're dogshit as a replacement for real beef.
Ground turkey also can work nice as part of a meatloaf