TV and Movie Characters You Really Hate

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How about we vent about the characters gracing our televisions and silver screens who we really, really hate.

Lois Griffin: Post-cancellation at least. She isn't hot. I hate how everyone refers to her as hot. Her nose is a sandwich half, and she sounds like Fran Drescher with a throat polyp. She's a horrible mother, a hypocrite, and she's an abusive twat. I could understand pre-cancellation why she was the voice of reason, because she was a good mother who sacrifices for her family, but post-cancellation every time she tries to give the moral of an episode, I wish Stewie would off her.

Lisa Simpson: At least it the recent seasons. We get it, she's the only decent person in Springfield. She's a vegetarian, she's the only Simpson who goes to heaven, she's a member of MENSA, she plays the saxophone amazingly, she's perfect. But there comes a point where she is too smart for her own age. I know she's a genius but she acts like a mini-adult. She hogs every other episode, and is the only sane person, and almost everything she does is justified. Every other episode with her is the same thing. Lisa is right about something, everyone says she's wrong, she gets depressed, then she takes a stand and everyone shifts according to her. She's that annoying politically correct know-it-all twat who ruins everyone's fun. She gives some lame environmental lesson every other season, which makes me want to litter more. Also, she's Matt Groening's favorite character, and he totally milks her, and uses her for political messages. I mean, I'm a liberal, I'm as far-left as it gets, but I hate Lisa. Remember when the Simpsons wasn't about the environment or politics? Remember when it was about a family? And the worse thing she does is that she has reached the point where she upstages Bart. Bart is awesome. He never gets stale, for me at least. Bart was the break-out character. He does horrible things, but at least he gets punished. We see him struggle, and when he does, we relate to him. Lisa has officially reached the status of the shows own Mary Sue. And that's a sign of bad writing.

I have more than that, though. But I want to hear yours'!

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
darkhorse816 said:
How about we vent about the characters gracing our televisions and silver screens who we really, really hate.

Lois Griffin: Post-cancellation at least. She isn't hot. I hate how everyone refers to her as hot. Her nose is a sandwich half, and she sounds like Fran Drescher with a throat polyp. She's a horrible mother, a hypocrite, and she's an abusive twat. I could understand pre-cancellation why she was the voice of reason, because she was a good mother who sacrifices for her family, but post-cancellation every time she tries to give the moral of an episode, I wish Stewie would off her.
With you 100% on this one. Honestly, nearly everyone on Family Guy would go on my list. There used to be likable characters on that show. I mean, yes Peter was an idiot but he meant well and genuinely tried to make things right when he fucked up because of his stupidity. Now? Ugh. The only one who got my sympathy anymore (before I stopped watching) was Meg. Slapstick is funny, but this isn't slapstick. I HATED that the abuse that poor girl gets was treated like comedy gold. That's fucking sick. (I apologize; it's an especially touchy subject, and I know it's not just myself who takes the subject of abuse personally. But this really strikes a chord for me.)

Let's see.... I haven't watched much of Law & Order SVU. I quit after a few. The reason? Stabler. Jesus, how was he allowed to be in law enforcement in the first place? He shouldn't be a cop, nor should he have access to a gun. I'm sorry, but he strikes me as a very unstable person. It's actually pretty frightening. The few times I saw him, I quickly became convinced he would wind up killing one of their suspects or, hell, even a witness. Maybe that's just me and maybe I haven't seen enough episodes. The show doesn't really interest me much, to be honest.

The minions and Lucy from Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2. The minions are just... meh. They're not OMG TOTES CUTE AND RANDOM IS FUNNY. They're annoying. That and I abhor LOL RANDOM humor. And Lucy? She's a womanchild. She's not adorable. Lucy acts like a five year old on a sugar high. And you want to pair up someone who acts like a child with someone like Gru? Yes, opposites can attract, but this is too opposite in my opinion.
On top of that, with all of her gadgets that she shows off, all it takes to make her helpless is the good ol' "grab the woman by the arm" tactic. At the end, Agnes is all I LOVE MY NEW MOMMY when they only interact ONCE. And it was a time skip. We're supposed to swallow that. Ugh. I was not impressed with her at all and found her to be rather unlikable. They were trying too hard. (Honestly, that whole WE NEED A MOMMY OR ELSE WE AREN'T A REAL FAMILY bullshit was stupid as fuck and completely went against what they showed in the first movie. And it's only been six months. No time for them to really be a family.)

G

GV 002

kiwifarms.net
darkhorse816 said:

Lisa Simpson: At least it the recent seasons. We get it, she's the only decent person in Springfield. She's a vegetarian, she's the only Simpson who goes to heaven, she's a member of MENSA, she plays the saxophone amazingly, she's perfect. But there comes a point where she is too smart for her own age. I know she's a genius but she acts like a mini-adult. She hogs every other episode, and is the only sane person, and almost everything she does is justified. Every other episode with her is the same thing. Lisa is right about something, everyone says she's wrong, she gets depressed, then she takes a stand and everyone shifts according to her. She's that annoying politically correct know-it-all twat who ruins everyone's fun. She gives some lame environmental lesson every other season, which makes me want to litter more. Also, she's Matt Groening's favorite character, and he totally milks her, and uses her for political messages. I mean, I'm a liberal, I'm as far-left as it gets, but I hate Lisa. Remember when the Simpsons wasn't about the environment or politics? Remember when it was about a family? And the worse thing she does is that she has reached the point where she upstages Bart. Bart is awesome. He never gets stale, for me at least. Bart was the break-out character. He does horrible things, but at least he gets punished. We see him struggle, and when he does, we relate to him. Lisa has officially reached the status of the shows own Mary Sue. And that's a sign of bad writing.

I have more than that, though. But I want to hear yours'!

Agreed, dude.

Generally the characters on Family Guy aren't likeable, but then again I tend to think that none of them are really meant to be. I'd say the one I hate the most is Brian, for pretty much every reason that Quagmire lists for not liking him; he's smug, hypocritical, one of those wannabe academics who turns out to only be a hack, only dates bimbos to make himself feel smarter, plus the whole 'Brian loves Lois' thing got pretty old quick. When Mr Macfarlane once said in an interview that he bases Brian off himself, I wasn't at all surprised. Family Guy is a show written by an overly liberal stoner loser who spends his days failing to hold down a girlfriend due to being a smug wanker, ranting about how the government is broken because he can't legally sit on his arse and do crack in his underwear all day long, and ends up sitting in bars/cafes people watching. I think that half the jokes in the show that aren't manatee jokes come from excessive people watching. The only nice thing I'll say about this man is that he genuinely does have an amazing singing voice...that he then goes ahead to plug in as many episodes as he can get away with. Just start a band and be done with it, please. Git.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who really hates Lisa Simpson. You pretty much hit the nail bang on the head for me perfectly as to why I hate her.

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The entire cast of torchwood minus Jack and the fat guy.

Gwen Cooper was both irritating and an utter bitch, yet who was portrayed as being the perfect heroine.

Ianto Jones was a character whose personality consisted of two dimensions. gay and welsh. fuck all else lay therin

Toshiko Sato was a character who literally had no personality and whose role could have been filled by a random hat stand.

and fucking Owen. Ive watched child rapists in Law and Order SVU less loathsome and irritating than him. Which again, wouldnt be so bad if he wasnt unambiguously portrayed as one of the "heroes" despite the fact he is introduced as a serial rapist...and goes down from there. honestly hes like an IRL glenn quagmire minus any charm or humour. While the other characters are a chore to watch, this character actively made one want to punch the screen

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
neelix_s6b.jpg

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
caffeinated_wench said:
Let's see.... I haven't watched much of Law & Order SVU. I quit after a few. The reason? Stabler. Jesus, how was he allowed to be in law enforcement in the first place? He shouldn't be a cop, nor should he have access to a gun. I'm sorry, but he strikes me as a very unstable person. It's actually pretty frightening. The few times I saw him, I quickly became convinced he would wind up killing one of their suspects or, hell, even a witness. Maybe that's just me and maybe I haven't seen enough episodes. The show doesn't really interest me much, to be honest.

It's not Stabler that concerns me as much as the fanbase for the character. First the Phantom of the Opera, then Edward Cullen, now Stabler.

JarlaxleBaenre

kiwifarms.net
Grand Maester Pycelle, from Game of Thrones. A devious schemer with a weepy old grandpa facade.

Ramsay Snow: Game of Thrones. Ramsay's M.O. hasn't been revealed yet, but flaying someone alive, bit by bit--then gelding him--and breaking him, mentally is evil.

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
Henry Bemis said:
caffeinated_wench said:

It's not Stabler that concerns me as much as the fanbase for the character. First the Phantom of the Opera, then Edward Cullen, now Stabler.
Oh dear god, he has a fanbase like THOSE? (Those two fanbases piss me off in general. At least the Phantom wasn't intended to be romanticized like that... He's a tragic character, but it's made plain that what he's doing is terrifying.)

Gah, fukken Edward Cullen.

Mourning Dove

Zenaida macroura
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These three have probably been complained about ad naseaum over the internet, but their existences as literary figures just really offend me.

edward-bella-und-renesmee-194964.jpg

I actually think the other vampires, werewolves, hybrids, and humans of the Twilight series are interesting, and I would totally read and watch more about them. They have fascinating backstories! But no, we always have to always focus on these three and their supposed drama and romance. Bella and Edward do nothing but be mope around and be pretentious to everybody. Renesmee is creepy and nauseatingly sweet at the same time. All three are as bland as tapioca powder and desperately need better character development such as flaws, inner struggles, quirky personalities, and all that good stuff.

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
At some point in the series Lisa Simpson became VERY annoying, and in the good seasons she wasn't, I don't know what started this. I think her character is really preachy, and I'm a liberal, Brian Griffin can be like that too.

Meg Griffin, there is nothing funny or entertaining about her character. In the early seasons she actually behaves like a real character, but now is just a punching bag, that literally defines her character now.

The current male gay character in this latest incarnation of Degrassi, he is so flamboyant and stereotypical its like he is a parody of a gay character. Past gay characters in Degrassi were not like this, and were actually well written. Now if your more flamboyant in your gayness, of course that is perfectly ok, but I'm just thinking, if I were a writer for the show, I would have tried to have a more balanced out gay character.

Pikonic

Pre Merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
JarlaxleBaenre said:
Grand Maester Pycelle, from Game of Thrones. A devious schemer with a weepy old grandpa facade.

Ramsay Snow: Game of Thrones. Ramsay's M.O. hasn't been revealed yet, but flaying someone alive, bit by bit--then gelding him--and breaking him, mentally is evil.
Ramsey Snow is best Snow.
Honestly in GoT I hate all the Starks, they're all cookie cutter "good guys". Minus Arya they're hopelessly predictable. My favorite family is the Greyjoys because (book spoiler)
they're all different and surprising. After the death of Balon, Euron just shows up seemingly out of nowhere. Euron forces Victarion to kill his own wife and asks him to help bring Danny to Pyke, surprisingly Victarion accepts but secretly wants Dany for himself. Despite their estranged relationship, Asha and Theon truly care about each other
The Starks simply don't have that.

Also I got into Breaking Bad (almost done) and I must say Marie sucks.

pickleniggo

pickle enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Off the top of my head: Tony from the original skins series because he was a douchenozzle until the second arc and Amy Pond because she made Doctor Who boring as shit.

Also, fun fact: Sometimes my boyfriend and I lay comatose on the couch and watch Law and Order for hours at a time. We call Elliot "Unstabler" and count down the seconds until he blows a fuse and does something insane. We've contemplated a drinking game for SVU. We wouldn't last more than an hour based on the rules.

Hyperion

D E A D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Captain Janeway.

Oh I'm just so sexist for not liking the first female Star Trek Captain. Not even Kate Mulgrew liked the character, so obviously she's sexist too.

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I forget her name, but George Bluth Sr.'s secretary/mistress always struck me as super annoying and I always liked it when she was off-screen.

Dark Mirror Hole

I don't use this site anymore
kiwifarms.net
Judge Holden said:
Toshiko Sato was a character who literally had no personality and whose role could have been filled by a random hat stand.
I really liked her in the "Greeks Bearing Gifts" episode. We get to see her have fun with the necklace and then get eaten up on the inside. It's probably her only noteworthy episode (and maybe the one in WW2). I just don't know what she sees in Owen at all! He has little to no redeeming values whatsoever and even treats her like shit.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can I use a literary example? Clan Skirata, Clan fucking Skirata from Star Wars. They're pretty much the Cullens, but in space and they can actually fight (but only when they want to). They're a bunch of bigoted, self-righteous, hypocritical, idiotic, stubborn, headstrong, militaristic, cowardly, self-serving, misogynistic psychopaths.

They hate the Jedi at an irrational level for equally irrational (not to mention hypocritical) reasons. Reasons such as they beat them in a war that happened 4,000 years ago and because the Jedi are supposedly a bunch of child-snatching, elitist cultists who believe that they're better than anyone else. Which is rich, considering that the Mandalorians are guilty for all of these things, in addition to genocide, slavery and using child soldiers. But all of that's whitewashed away to make them look good. The one time they bring up all the genocide they did, they try to brush it away with "Oh, but that was such a long time ago and we're reeeeeaaaaal sorry about that. We're cool now, right?".

Speaking of their hypocrisy, they're also mad with the Jedi because they're using the clones as soldiers, and sending soldiers to their deaths is terrible and is tantamount to slavery. But when a clone tries to save a Jedi's life during Order 66, well, he's a liar and a traitor and it's perfectly ok to want to kill him. And then they dig up information on Jedi hideouts and threaten the one Jedi who doesn't bow down and kiss their asses, telling him that if he dares to try and restart the Jedi Order, they're going to send in the information they've gathered to the Empire, telling them exactly where the Jedi are.